Hello Everyone
    Here is what happened to my Z10:
    The phone crashed with a frozen screen, after about 20 seconds the phone rebooted. No problem.
    After about 3 or 4 minutes it became unresponsive, the same thing happened and rebooted. This went on 6 or 7 times, with each uptime getting shorter and shorter until the screen turned a brilliant blue. After that the phone would not boot.

The battery was about half full, maybe a bit more when this began.

If I force a reboot by holding the power and top volume button the power light will flash once after about 10 seconds, then nothing. Also I tried the update program from blackberry as posted here and the pc doesn't even see the z10.

I took it into Rogers and they declared it dead and are sending it to blackberry for repair under warranty. Phone is only 8 weeks old.

Now, here is the kicker:
    My wife's Z10 is about 6 months older and just exhibited the exact same behavior, and bricked itself.

This is making me wonder if it is something besides a hardware failure.
    We've been downloading from the 25 gifts, the last app downloaded by both of us was the planetarium app.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Any suggestions before I head out to Rogers tomorrow and send her Z10 away too???

Thanks for everyone's help in advance.
    12-22-13 03:31 AM
    Hello Everyone
    The phone crashed with a frozen screen, after about 20 seconds the phone rebooted. No problem.
    After about 3 or 4 minutes it became unresponsive, the same thing happened and rebooted. This went on 6 or 7 times, with each uptime getting shorter and shorter until the screen turned a brilliant blue. After that the phone would not boot.

If I force a reboot by holding the power and top volume button the power light will flash once after about 10 seconds, then nothing. Also I tried the update program from blackberry as posted here and the pc doesn't even see the z10.

I took it into Rogers and they declared it dead and are sending it to blackberry for repair under warranty. Phone is only 8 weeks old.

Now, here is the kicker:
    My wife's Z10 is about 6 months older and just exhibited the exact same behavior, and bricked itself.

We've been downloading from the 25 gifts, the last app downloaded by both of us was the planetarium app.

Any suggestions before I head out to Rogers tomorrow and send her Z10 away too???

Sounds like external factors. Were you using the same charger?
    12-22-13 03:35 AM
    We have separate chargers, usually I charge my phone at work before I come home.
    12-22-13 04:02 AM
    Hello Everyone

Now, here is the kicker:

Sorry to hear about that, it really sucks.

You might be onto to something with that.... I'm assuming you both had the planetarium app installed. Not to necessarily say that app is the root of the issue. Do you guys have similar or the same apps installed?
    Did either of you notice or were you doing something similar or the same when it started happening?
    No other recent updates or app updates?

Call Rogers and get them to put you through to BlackBerry for some real support and let them know about this, they would probably be able to advise you best. Sorry can't be more help
    Hope you manage to figure it out.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    12-22-13 04:12 AM
    Good rule, which I thought I followed. Only new apps were from the 25 blackberry "gifts"
    12-22-13 12:08 PM
    Good rule, which I thought I followed. Only new apps were from the 25 blackberry "gifts"
    Have you managed to get any other support or assistance with this?

Have you considered trying to load a leak?

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    12-23-13 01:27 AM
    You know what, I had this happen to TWO of my Z10's.

I was on it at night, laying in bed, the blue screen came, so I rebooted it. The blue screen came a while later, like an hour, then it just died. I took it to T-Mobile and their "device analyzer" in the back wouldn't even read the device (just like my computer wouldn't either).

The replacement I was sent? SAME THING.

It was weird because my Z10 had been good from March until... July I think this was. My replacement one did the same thing seriously like the same day it arrived.

Your phone won't come back to life. Say your goodbyes and have them give you a new one under warranty, then hope you never have to see that pretty shade of blue on your screen again
    12-23-13 01:42 AM
    Both phones are at Rogers now, shipping out Monday. Because of the holidays, eta will be 2nd week of January. The guy working today was pretty knowledgeable and gave it a shot for doing an OS reload, to now avail. Supposedly this was his first encounter with this issue. Will follow up and update this thread if I can later.
    12-23-13 02:15 AM
    Me too. Had the blue screen on a Thursday before Christmas and a reboot. Stayed stable until the next day. Then 3 reboots after a blue screen and dead. I've had the phone since February with no issues ever. I've tried lot's of suggestions from the forums, but in no way can I get my computer to recognize that a device is attached. I waiting for my warranty replacement. Not very patiently.
    12-27-13 01:05 PM