@patrickjmquinn Possibly in future, but for now I made a repo on my account for it.
    @Simo_Dax Here you go: https://github.com/sgear256/Qt-5.6-BB10

Quick note: QtWidget and QtQuick UI elements have a weird themeing issue in 5.6 builds.
    patrickjmquinn and Simo_Dax like this.
    06-13-20 06:28 AM
    @patrickjmquinn Possibly in future, but for now I made a repo on my account for it.
    @Simo_Dax Here you go: https://github.com/sgear256/Qt-5.6-BB10

Quick note: QtWidget and QtQuick UI elements have a weird themeing issue in 5.6 builds.
    Awesome! I would suggest also adding a simple readme to the repo so that people looking to set up a project using these have a starting point. Happy to do so if you don't have time ������
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-13-20 08:51 AM
    @patrickjmquinn No worries, was able to make one real quick. If I left anything out lemme know
    patrickjmquinn and moosbb like this.
    06-13-20 05:56 PM
    @patrickjmquinn No worries, was able to make one real quick. If I left anything out lemme know
    Perfect, if I can think of any amendments i'll submit a PR
    06-15-20 02:31 AM
    I apologise for meaningless interruption as I am no technical mind and didn't even understand your any of the post.
    But I wish to ask whether you have developed something good for browser. Kindly report us as I am under the impression that after BB10 OS EOL declared, it's never possible for browser to get any update.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-20 07:38 AM
    I apologise for meaningless interruption as I am no technical mind and didn't even understand your any of the post.
    But I wish to ask whether you have developed something good for browser. Kindly report us as I am under the impression that after BB10 OS EOL declared, it's never possible for browser to get any update.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 is already EOL.... and last update for the native browser was two years ago. That's why many are using other solutions like Fennac and Kiwi browsers.

If if someone manages to push out a newer bit of code for the native browser, it's not going to be fully updated with all the latest security standards.
    06-16-20 07:44 AM
    If if someone manages to push out a newer bit of code for the native browser, it's not going to be fully updated with all the latest security standards.
    And it's not going to replace the built-in browser. It will be a .bar app you have to side-load.
    06-16-20 08:13 AM
    BB10 is already EOL.... and last update for the native browser was two years ago. That's why many are using other solutions like Fennac and Kiwi browsers.

It will be as up-to-date as any other Webkit browser, including most browsers on iOS: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...s#WebKit-based

It also does not replace any native programs or libraries. Any browser anyone makes with QT5 would be a stand alone program just like all the programs you download from BlackBerry World. It is a native program, it is not BlackBerry Browser or has anything to do with BlackBerry Browser.

Really, it's been 30 years of people installing multiple webbrowsers on computers. The concept of stand alone programs is not that hard to understand. I guess because BlackBerry named their browser, "Browser" it gets people confused.

For the laypeople out there, what happened is the bug in third-party software that prevented BlackBerry from updating the Browser was fixed. Now someone has to update the that third-party software to the latest version because all the BlackBerry code was removed ~3 years ago. After that, someone will have to create a new web-browser program using the third-party software. It will work like any native program you've every downloaded for your phone, except it would be a web-browser. It doesn't replace anything. It's not an android program. The guy just fixed a crack in the building blocks to make updated software.

Posted via CB10
    Gallofa likes this.
    06-16-20 06:51 PM
    It should be possible to make a third party browser the default app for browsing. I haven't tried it because I have yet to find a browser that would make a good replacement to "Browser". I hope to try this feature out with this work in progress.
    06-17-20 01:38 PM
    It should be possible to make a third party browser the default app for browsing. I haven't tried it because I have yet to find a browser that would make a good replacement to "Browser". I hope to try this feature out with this work in progress.
    I don't think that is realistic. BB 10 has a special framework called Invocation framework for interaction between different apps. At the moment, when an app wants to invoke the browser it should call 'sys.browser' target. And you can't override the target app. Some apps are flexible and they show Open In dialog for links where you can set your custom app to be default, while others have this value (sys.browser) hardcoded.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-17-20 01:48 PM
    It's been some time since I looked at the API. Invocation Framework allows calling of another app. The framework does provide the ability to find eligible apps. So, the apps do not need to preexist the invocating app. It is possible that the default app feature is implemented in Flow by using the the Invocation Framework. This page describes how to make an app a defaultable app: https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...ault_apps.html

This is how to invoke the system "Browser":
    https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...n/browser.html

I guess will find out if BPS (media rendering which may be replaced in a defaulted browser) also looks into default apps to replace its functionality...Supporting Cards may make this possible.
    Last edited by DonHB; 06-17-20 at 02:40 PM.
    06-17-20 02:15 PM
    Those are two services that have seen some developers offer some new love to BB10.
    Hey. Youtube version 13 is still kicking. I don't know anything about coding at all. But as for the youtube app. I manage to just change the version of the app using Apk Editor Studio and it tricks the force update. I'm using BB Classic. And I'm using version 13.01.52.2300 and edit the version to 14.05.56 and it's working without asking for any updates.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-20 06:03 PM
    It's been some time since I looked at the API. Invocation Framework allows calling of another app. The framework does provide the ability to find eligible apps. So, the apps do not need to preexist the invocating app. It is possible that the default app feature is implemented in Flow by using the the Invocation Framework. This page describes how to make an app a defaultable app: https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...ault_apps.html

This is how to invoke the system "Browser":
    https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...n/browser.html

I guess will find out if BPS (media rendering which may be replaced in a defaulted browser) also looks into default apps to replace its functionality...Supporting Cards may make this possible.
    I think it would need its own protocol with the invocation framework.
    Just as examples, Mcaffees Pledge and Fongo each had their own protocol switch to their invocation. It's a message passing system.

So a hyperlink, a uri or negotiation with the assistant from another client or server could have a query or code that the registered app could then parse into a view.

For Mcaffee I could handle OTP and I would imaging the intent befind fongo:// would be to automatically add a number or character to start a process. Very complex in my opinion as it requires more connections to start being useful. Opens up some sharing possibilities.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 06-17-20 at 07:54 PM.
    06-17-20 07:32 PM
    Hey. Youtube version 13 is still kicking. I don't know anything about coding at all. But as for the youtube app. I manage to just change the version of the app using Apk Editor Studio and it tricks the force update. I'm using BB Classic. And I'm using version 13.01.52.2300 and edit the version to 14.05.56 and it's working without asking for any updates.

Posted via CB10
    In case you haven't seen it (since you are new here!) this native YT client being developed is good: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...524.1591551922
    06-17-20 08:00 PM
    Hey Thanks. It got nice features. There's also a patch that we can do in android using lucky patcher to play video on the background and dark mode. But it's good to find new here. Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    06-17-20 08:58 PM
    Hey Thanks. It got nice features. There's also a patch that we can do in android using lucky patcher to play video on the background and dark mode. But it's good to find new here. Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    A native app on BB is almost always superior to an Android one given the performance overhead and anaemic support that the old Android runtime provides. Give the native app a try
    06-18-20 06:22 AM
    It will be as up-to-date as any other Webkit browser, including most browsers on iOS: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...s#WebKit-based

It also does not replace any native programs or libraries. Any browser anyone makes with QT5 would be a stand alone program just like all the programs you download from BlackBerry World. It is a native program, it is not BlackBerry Browser or has anything to do with BlackBerry Browser.

Really, it's been 30 years of people installing multiple webbrowsers on computers. The concept of stand alone programs is not that hard to understand. I guess because BlackBerry named their browser, "Browser" it gets people confused.

For the laypeople out there, what happened is the bug in third-party software that prevented BlackBerry from updating the Browser was fixed. Now someone has to update the that third-party software to the latest version because all the BlackBerry code was removed ~3 years ago. After that, someone will have to create a new web-browser program using the third-party software. It will work like any native program you've every downloaded for your phone, except it would be a web-browser. It doesn't replace anything. It's not an android program. The guy just fixed a crack in the building blocks to make updated software.

Posted via CB10
    In my basic testing so far i'm seeing pretty decent standards support with the latest Qt binaries we've been able to build. Seems on par with Safari on iOS in terms of support and is also quite a bit faster for whatever reason than the native 'Browser' app. This might be down to the fact that its just a browser without any extra functionality but i'm hoping they've just streamlined the render pipeline a lot since 2013.
    moosbb likes this.
    06-18-20 06:25 AM
    In my basic testing so far i'm seeing pretty decent standards support with the latest Qt binaries we've been able to build. Seems on par with Safari on iOS in terms of support and is also quite a bit faster for whatever reason than the native 'Browser' app. This might be down to the fact that its just a browser without any extra functionality but i'm hoping they've just streamlined the render pipeline a lot since 2013.
    I figured that would be the case in an earlier post. QT5.6 should have a 2015 version of webkit, whereas BlackBerry Browser is rolling with a 2011 version (Assuming they didn't back port anything.)

Even if ya'll don't backport the community QT Webkit2 code to BB10, just getting QT5.6's webkit to work is a big jump in standards support. I look forward to the results! Keep up the good work.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-20 05:03 PM
    I don't think that is realistic. BB 10 has a special framework called Invocation framework for interaction between different apps. At the moment, when an app wants to invoke the browser it should call 'sys.browser' target. And you can't override the target app. Some apps are flexible and they show Open In dialog for links where you can set your custom app to be default, while others have this value (sys.browser) hardcoded.

Posted via CB10
    could sys.browser point to the system default browser?

Curious how your YouTube app works without using Google specific APIs. I suspect it uses the same calls as a web browser, but doesn't appear to Google as a web browser. Could your approach work with other services? How much overhead is avoided as compared to the old WebWorks alternative to Cascades?

It would be interesting if WebWorks could make use of the defaulted browser, if it implements cards.
    06-18-20 06:12 PM
    Unless BlackBerry provides its signing keys, sys.browser can't be changed.
    Last edited by conite; 06-18-20 at 10:22 PM.
    06-18-20 06:44 PM
    Unless BlackBerry provides its signing keys, sys.browser can't be changed.
    Never suggested that the system browser can be replaced. However, the default apps used (web browsing too) can be changed. What is not clear is if the default app is called in place of the system app from apps that request that sys.browser is requested. Because all native browsers available on BBW have used the system browser functionality it may not be a good choice to determine how BB10 handles such a situation.

Similarly, what happens if you change the default calendar app and another app tries to add an entry to your calendar. Does BB10 forward this request to the defaulted app? Or does the system calendar contain redundant entries that are duplicated by defaulted calendar app? For this to work do you need to use an unbound app when using the invocation framework?
    Last edited by DonHB; 06-18-20 at 10:31 PM.
    06-18-20 10:19 PM
    Never suggested that the system browser can be replaced.

???
    06-18-20 10:23 PM
    Succinctly: is sys.browser an alias for the default browser which out of box is "Browser"?
    06-18-20 10:35 PM
    Succinctly: is sys.browser an alias for the default browser which out of box is "Browser"?
    Many of the native browser components are part of the OS. The sys.browser bar file is the GUI and the remaining components. None of it can be tinkered with.

Nor can you change the native invocation framework that calls sys.browser.
    06-18-20 10:46 PM

Curious how your YouTube app works without using Google specific APIs. I suspect it uses the same calls as a web browser, but doesn't appear to Google as a web browser. Could your approach work with other services? How much overhead is avoided as compared to the old WebWorks alternative to Cascades?

It would be interesting if WebWorks could make use of the defaulted browser, if it implements cards.
    Every invocation target, e.g. sys.browser, belongs to a specific app. Other apps can't override existing invocation targets.
    Sys.browser and sys.privatebrowser are associated with the stock browser we all know. The browser which Patrick and other folks are working on will have to introduce its own invocation target for all HTTP and HTTPS uris. This will make it appear in Open In dialogs which are shown when an app sends an unbound invocation call for a URL.
    When you are referring to the "Default App" one need to understand that Default App is just a record or an association "uri template/mime-type/app". So in theory the new browser can be default for opening any http and https links. However, there is one problem: some apps are hardcoded to call sys.browser if they want to interact with the browser. And it can't be fixed with the tools we have.

As for BBTube, yes, it acts like a browser or tools like cURL, Fiddler, Postman, etc. But it spoofs the User-Agent header to pretend being a desktop browser to simplify some stuff. If you've heard about NewPipe then you know that it is based on the same concepts.
    This approach can be used for other services depending on how heavily is JS used. The good thing about YouTube is that you don't need a JS-engine to parse and extract data. Other services may perform heavy calculations on the client-side, and it will be problematic for a developer to mimic that logic without using JS.

Have never used WebWorks so can't say anything on the remaining part of your post, sorry.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-20 12:57 AM
1,053 ... 678910 ...