Just wondering how the Box Integration works on BB10...I have the Z10 here and I know that I can copy files into Box, but is there a way you can set it up so when you take a photo it instantly goes into Box? Or for that matter, how do you set picture locations to begin with? When I take a photo it saves to my Micro SD, but can I change where the photos save to?
    02-07-13 07:27 PM
    I can't even copy them in to Box. Really ticking me off
    02-08-13 10:42 PM
    Yes. Just use the box icon on your homescreen and tick the boxes to automatically upload pictures and music to box. I chose to not allow it to do this over mobile network as that was also an option.

Then, I downloaded box sync onto my PC and selected the folder that my Z10 had created called 'blackberry' to be auto-synced to my computer. Automagically.
    02-08-13 11:14 PM
    Also, when you've enabled Box integration it will then appear in your Share menu in all share-enabled apps.
    02-08-13 11:31 PM
    Also, when you've enabled Box integration it will then appear in your Share menu in all share-enabled apps.
    yup. tried it, works great
    02-08-13 11:42 PM
    I find the box integration excellent. All I did was set it to sync folders when on wifi.

Works excellent.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 12:10 AM
    I've been wondering this too. I've been looking between box and dropbox. Any suggestions? Or other choices? Thanks.
    02-09-13 04:15 AM
    One thing that I'm not too happy with is the Box Integration on the PlayBook, just hope it's better on the Z10. I also hope that I can eventually carry over my free allowance of 50GB that I received with the PlayBook to the Z10, when I get one next week.
    02-09-13 05:43 AM
    There is no Box integration on the PlayBook. The app is a glorified launcher which came with a sweet bonus of 50gb free.
    BB10 is different, box is a dill integration and once you click the box icon to integrate it with Bb10 it will give you two options, existing member or new member. If you already have your 50gb feel free to use that account. If nor create an account and I believe you'll get 10gb free.

For the guy wondering about picture saving locations. Open your camera, swipe down and click settings, with settings there's the following "Save pictures on media card".

I love the box integration, and I truly welcome it. Heck I have docs yo go save dc on the cloud, and quickly update the holes tight from the cloud.

Posted using CB10 on my Z10! Boom!

02-09-13 07:08 AM
    does the BB10 have deeper/better integration with Box or DropBox? anyone know? which one is their partner?
    I think Box has 50 gigs, DropBox only has 2 gigs.

Which one has the bigger file size limit?
    02-09-13 01:02 PM
    does the BB10 have deeper/better integration with Box or DropBox? anyone know? which one is their partner?
    I think Box has 50 gigs, DropBox only has 2 gigs.

Which one has the bigger file size limit?
    Drop box has the bigger file size limit for the free accounts but like you said it's 2 gigs
    02-09-13 02:03 PM
    Drop box has the bigger file size limit for the free accounts but like you said it's 2 gigs
    I believe you are correct.

Dropbox does have a referral program and fun events to give away free space.
    02-09-13 02:15 PM
    Does anyone have a preference or recommendation? I want to start using but idk which to use.
    02-09-13 03:15 PM
    Does anyone have a preference or recommendation? I want to start using but idk which to use.
    Looking at it from a cross-platform perspective, I think Dropbox comes out on top for me. Dropbox is well integrated on my current platform, and seeing similar integration on BB10 makes it attractive to me.
    02-09-13 03:45 PM
    GAHH!!! Why can't SugarSync play ball???? I prefer SugarSync to BOX, but this will be the last straw!! 50GB free, and autosync on both PC and phone.

Now if they can only add it to the PlayBook...
    02-09-13 04:25 PM
    Love Box on BB10, works flawlessly. Automatic photo uploads are a snap.
    02-09-13 04:30 PM
    If only Box had PC autosync like Dropbox... that's the only thing that keeps me away.
    02-09-13 04:43 PM
    If only Box had PC autosync like Dropbox... that's the only thing that keeps me away.
    It actually does have a PC app i use both services and find each one to be strong in their respective areas.

pro tip: if you do not have a BOX account do not sign up from the BB10 app, find a converted bar for Astro File Manager, the most recent and sign up from there, you will get 15GB free, after that sign in with the BB10 app as current user, BlackBerry has said that current BOX users will eventually get those 10 GBs added to their current storage space
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-09-13 04:50 PM
    It actually does have a PC app i use both services and find each one to be strong in their respective areas.

pro tip: if you do not have a BOX account do not sign up from the BB10 app, find a converted bar for Astro File Manager, the most recent and sign up from there, you will get 15GB free, after that sign in with the BB10 app as current user, BlackBerry has said that current BOX users will eventually get those 10 GBs added to their current storage space
    Sounds awesome, my 25Gb will soon be 35Gb. Thanks for the heads-up.
    02-09-13 05:01 PM
    Free 25GB yayy
    02-09-13 05:03 PM
    If that's true that current BlackBerry owners will fer an extra 10gb that's awesome. I'll have 60gb with box. Awesome.

I wish there was an option to save pictures taken by the camera directly to box.
    02-09-13 10:47 PM
    There is, open your box application and you have the choice of selecting pictures and or videos to upload. There's also an option to use your data plan or to upload over wifi.

02-09-13 11:12 PM
    Box has a desktop client now. Also box syncs photo and video easier. I have a 100gb Dropbox so I have both active.

You can pin folders on both that will stay synced. That's handy. Basically anything in those pinned folders are available offline.

02-09-13 11:46 PM
    Hey guys. I found this. Better jump on it ASAP!!!

25 free gigs
    02-10-13 02:42 AM
    I stand corrected, thanks for the info! Now rocking both services on my Z10
    B1GDAZ likes this.
    02-10-13 12:15 PM
39 12