Lol
    My thoughts exactly stitch...
    06-22-13 05:05 PM
    nice work guys ... here I thought I was a needle in the haystack...

basically what I gather is that you need a regular 4g data plan and not the BB10 plan in order to get 10.1 data?

If that's the case ..... anyhow not gonna bash anyone this hour ..

night peeps
    how did you come up with this?
    06-23-13 01:22 AM
    huh?
    Okay So I've been reading around in the forums and I've come up with the fact that the Sims are locked due to APN static settings and restrictions based on carrier sim. Tried different sims (different data plans entirely) and the APN is still locked with whatever the carrier pushed or maybe it's hardlocked to the code. Well that's what some guy on these forums said about the APNs, also that the Sims have a flag to lock these settings that is only adjustable by trying a different sim from the carrier (some said it worked on these forums but thats US based) and others said they had to wait for an OS upgrade.

Reffering to stitch's latest post - Someone on this thread recommended that when you are prepaid or something so, wait a few days after removing the BB plan and switch to the 4g data and this worked hence what I was thinking about 4G data only plans but this failed as I said above with the APNs, dont have a Prepaid Bmobile sim to test but it hardlocked (grey uneditable fields) on digicel prepaid sim.

Also I'm not seeing data again this morning after running the 10.1.0.2354 - will see if a battery pull works but I doubt it. Reviews so far, loving the progressive thread of bb os 10, but they need to pick up the pace to catchup to the others ...
    06-24-13 08:45 AM
    Okay So I've been reading around in the forums and I've come up with the fact that the Sims are locked due to APN static settings and restrictions based on carrier sim. Tried different sims (different data plans entirely) and the APN is still locked with whatever the carrier pushed or maybe it's hardlocked to the code. Well that's what some guy on these forums said about the APNs, also that the Sims have a flag to lock these settings that is only adjustable by trying a different sim from the carrier (some said it worked on these forums but thats US based) and others said they had to wait for an OS upgrade.

Reffering to stitch's latest post - Someone on this thread recommended that when you are prepaid or something so, wait a few days after removing the BB plan and switch to the 4g data and this worked hence what I was thinking about 4G data only plans but this failed as I said above with the APNs, dont have a Prepaid Bmobile sim to test but it hardlocked (grey uneditable fields) on digicel prepaid sim.

Also I'm not seeing data again this morning after running the 10.1.0.2354 - will see if a battery pull works but I doubt it. Reviews so far, loving the progressive thread of bb os 10, but they need to pick up the pace to catchup to the others ...
    I don't know how it works on post paid..
    But the only way to get data on prepaid with that os is to get the $59 a week BIS plan plus an additional bb 4G plan. That is what I'm currently using...
    Romjo likes this.
    06-24-13 10:04 AM
    Yup well it seems there's no timeline on the 10.1 support on Bmobile (just spoke to a rep.. albeit it felt a bit robotic), I wont be paying for 2 sets of plans just to get 10.1 working on prepaid. I'm probably going to stick to post paid for now.

Felt like the rep was reading from a script, I asked her about the Q10 being on 10.1, she couldn't confirm...(it's released with 10.1) and as to why 10.1 doesn't work on the z10 but as always nothing definite. Hopefully I can get my hands on a Q10, maybe i'll visit the mall and check out the OS version on there or if anyone has it they can send it here idk if that'd help... also she said there's no difference in the Q10 or Z10 plans on their systems so it's either that the phone identifies itself as a Z10 on the network and therefore blocked (which makes sense) or there's something else i'm missing.

Hope that helps ...
    06-24-13 10:33 AM
    Yeah... that's right. The reps at bmobile tech centre doesn't know anything that's going on apparently.... and YES they do read from a script (instructions on a screen). From what I understand from someone I spoke to at bmobile about a month ago - that actually makes sense, is that they have to get the official os update from blackberry (which they probably have by now) and they also have to test the os on their network to make sure that it is stable. The Q10 and Z10 work on separate networks apparently?? As far as i'm concerned... once the Q10 is working on the 10.1 os (which it currently is) ... i see no reason why they take this long to release it for the Z10. It just makes no sense to me...
    06-24-13 11:27 AM
    We'll good thing you all convinced me to use the leak, some simple features I get with 10.1 you not getting with 10.0

By the time b mobile ready to release 10.1 rim might be releasing 10.2

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 12:56 PM
    the issue with Bmobile is that imagine in that whole company it is just about 2guys (tech staff) that deal with Bmobile Blackberry hence why they take so dang long to push out updates and even so long to run their tests on d system imagine when bmobile gets their testing BB10 units it goes into the hands of the mangers and who else ever Reps before it goes to the hands of the Techs who are the ones suppose to be testing the units, hence why digi always pushes out their updates in a timely manner and have no real issues. True trini mentality withing bmobile i not even bothering with their 10.1 update i ran the leak on my bmobile Z10 and also on my Z10 from bell and it is working good on the to handsets and running both on Bmobile network.
    As i mentioned in a post earlier on i think Blackberry needs to take a firmer stand on Carriers cause with carriers like Bmobile all they are doing is just undermining the Blackberry brand with their foolishness
    06-24-13 12:58 PM
    the issue with Bmobile is that imagine in that whole company it is just about 2guys (tech staff) that deal with Bmobile Blackberry hence why they take so dang long to push out updates and even so long to run their tests on d system imagine when bmobile gets their testing BB10 units it goes into the hands of the mangers and who else ever Reps before it goes to the hands of the Techs who are the ones suppose to be testing the units, hence why digi always pushes out their updates in a timely manner and have no real issues. True trini mentality withing bmobile i not even bothering with their 10.1 update i ran the leak on my bmobile Z10 and also on my Z10 from bell and it is working good on the to handsets and running both on Bmobile network.
    As i mentioned in a post earlier on i think Blackberry needs to take a firmer stand on Carriers cause with carriers like Bmobile all they are doing is just undermining the Blackberry brand with their foolishness
    That is soo true! RIM really needs to take a firmer stand with certain carriers (more specifically bmobile). Would u believe... T-Mobile already issued 2 updates already! (for the os and apps) They doh stick at all...
    06-24-13 02:34 PM
    Another glitch that i've noticed on the leak is that if you are sending an international text msg... 95% of the time you would receive a "network out of order" message. You would just have to resend and resend until it finally sends... which it will eventually... There is the rare occasion when you press send once and it immediately gets sent. (very off chance tho)... lol
    06-24-13 03:14 PM
    Another glitch that i've noticed on the leak is that if you are sending an international text msg... 95% of the time you would receive a "network out of order" message. You would just have to resend and resend until it finally sends... which it will eventually... There is the rare occasion when you press send once and it immediately gets sent. (very off chance tho)... lol
    i can identify at least 5 people with 8520/9900/9930/9810/Z10 devices that are experiencing this problem. it's not the leak.
    06-24-13 04:06 PM

you need to start from page 1 and read the posts carefully, from what you posted here, you misunderstand the majority of posts.

Yup well it seems there's no timeline on the 10.1 support on Bmobile (just spoke to a rep.. albeit it felt a bit robotic), I wont be paying for 2 sets of plans just to get 10.1 working on prepaid. I'm probably going to stick to post paid for now.
    you are not going to pay for two different plans. The Z10 plan for prepaid is "designed this way" as stated by a bmobile rep...apparently they don't know how to add new policies to the system...smh
    06-24-13 04:22 PM
    i can identify at least 5 people with 8520/9900/9930/9810/Z10 devices that are experiencing this problem. it's not the leak.
    Ohh wow! Well that's just sad! And here i was blaming the leak... when it's the mobile network at fault. smh. Why am I not surprised...
    06-24-13 08:52 PM
    Ohh wow! Well that's just sad! And here i was blaming the leak... when it's the mobile network at fault. smh. Why am I not surprised...
    <rant>
    our account manager from TSTT told an employee that her "number dropped off the "system" "
    and "this is normal because the back end shows everything is fine"

i asked what exactly does "drop off the system" means and he couldn't answer.

so i guess yours dropped off too. LOL
    i'm beginning to think about switching to Digicel for my Z10 but the change in number is the hard part. TSTT has no priority on their customers. I'm going to post a link to this thread in that dotish "Tash MCFash" bs fb page

</rant>
    06-24-13 10:50 PM
    So my friend comes in from Slovakia with an stl 100-1 running the. 273 update. And can't get data. Goes to b mobile and they are at a loss. They dunno what to tell her. Talking lal bout that's the problem with bringing in phones n it prob won't work on their network. These clowns don't even know which handset they pushing. B mobile's incompetence never ceases to amaze

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 09:19 AM
    People is there a simple way to install a leak on a mac without dual booting. I dunno if the person can handle all that.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 09:50 AM
    People is there a simple way to install a leak on a mac without dual booting. I dunno if the person can handle all that.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing simpler unfortunately, only if they get to use a windows device

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 10:36 AM
    So my friend comes in from Slovakia with an stl 100-1 running the. 273 update. And can't get data. Goes to b mobile and they are at a loss. They dunno what to tell her. Talking lal bout that's the problem with bringing in phones n it prob won't work on their network. These clowns don't even know which handset they pushing. B mobile's incompetence never ceases to amaze

Posted via CB10

incompetence is an understatement.
    Attached Thumbnails Bmobile has released 10.3.1.2708-img_00000784.jpg  
    06-26-13 12:55 PM
    incompetence is an understatement.
    Best y put some credit on one them sims and link me wii lol

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:59 PM
    Best y put some credit on one them sims and link me wii lol

Posted via CB10
    all post paid lol
    06-26-13 06:35 PM
    Stl 100-3 on bmobile running 10.2.0.93. 4G works, Wolfram Alpha voice control works..so far so good.. *knocks on wood
    stitch69 likes this.
    06-26-13 06:48 PM
    Stl 100-3 on bmobile running 10.2.0.93. 4G works, Wolfram Alpha voice control works..so far so good.. *knocks on wood
    Know of any stable leaks for 100-1?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 07:00 PM
    Know of any stable leaks for 100-1?

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-3-a-801985/

OR try the 2354, which seems to be best of all
    06-26-13 07:03 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-3-a-801985/

OR try the 2354, which seems to be best of all
    Think he meant 10.2, lol. Randy is kinda techy, he is up to the times concerning leaks and such.

Posted via my Zormtrooper...
    06-26-13 07:30 PM
    Think he meant 10.2, lol. Randy is kinda techy, he is up to the times concerning leaks and such.

Posted via my Zormtrooper...

My bad! lol. nothing for -1 at this time. that's why i assumed he meant 10.1
    06-26-13 07:37 PM
1,142 ... 1314151617 ...