OK, I'm looking for something very specific and hope I can get a recommendation for the group. When my phone is locked, the voice command will not allow me to dial out unless I unlock the phone first.

BUT, if I am connected to my car's bluetooth audio system, my car will dial my phone for me even when it's locked. I'm using a Q10, but I have a colleague who has a GS3 that behaves exactly the same way.

Our state just passed a law that required hands-free phone use when driving, and the law required one-touch dialing. If our phones are locked, we can comply with this law using my car's bluetooth system. We are, however, looking for a bluetooth speaker phone that can be used in other vehicles and will behave the same way.

Please know that not all bluetooth devices will do this, so I am hoping someone here knows of a bluetooth speakerphone that will serve this very specific purpose. Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 09:16 AM
    I have two different bluetooth speakers that work with incoming phone calls.
    What I read in your post was that you wanted to see if voice input recognizes the audio and can therefore place a phone call. Is this right?

I've never used voice input yet. Also, I have Sayit and have never used it yet. I can start trying them out and see if they hear input from the bluetooth speakers.

Have I understood your query correctly ?

Edit a few hours later:
    Attachment 235468
    Voice control hears, thru both my bluetooth sets. One is the BlackBerry mini stereo speakers. The other is Denon w150. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Davidro1; 01-02-14 at 04:46 PM.
    01-02-14 11:58 AM
    That's good news...thanks! does the voice control work for you even if the phone is locked (and requiring a password)?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 07:21 PM
    I'll need to learn how to open voice command when the phone is locked.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 11:03 PM
    If it works at all, it would be activated by pressing and holding the pause key.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 11:52 PM
    I think it works. I get voice command to open, and I tell it to call. It gives me a list of options of whom to call, as it doesn't hear me well. I need training or it needs training, hearing comprehension. I've never used voice commands before.

The point is, it bypassed the lock.

Posted via CB10
    woofhaven likes this.
    01-03-14 10:29 PM
    Thank you helping out!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:07 AM