1imagine try running ghost commander and get into the android settings screen. Try pairing your BT from there and see what happens

I cannot find that functionality in Ghost Commander. Is it different than the application management where you long-press on an app and select "manage"?
    11-22-13 01:58 AM
    I have a dedicated OBD2 scanner but would love to have something that works over Bluetooth.

Which Bluetooth OBD2 device do you have and what is the approximate cost?

I wonder if the Torque app in BBW already has the BT support built-in so it will just work with 10.2.1, or if they will have to issue some update? Currently they are still showing no BT support. (No particular surprise, 10.2.1 isn't officially released anywhere yet)

Bluetooth Adapters Blackberry - Torque OBD2 Wiki
    The specific one I have is Koolertron F-12 ELM 327 OBDII PC Car Diagnostic Scanner (Amazon.com) but i'm sure others work, too. But that's the one i'm currently using.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    11-29-13 12:25 AM
    The specific one I have is Koolertron F-12 ELM 327 OBDII PC Car Diagnostic Scanner (Amazon.com) but i'm sure others work, too. But that's the one i'm currently using.

Thanks very much and wow - that thing is wayyyy cheaper than I expected. .
    11-29-13 12:43 AM
    Downloaded Torque from BB World and connected via Bluetooth to ELM 327 OBD II adapter I bought on ebay.

Works very well. Just need to learn how to use the app better..lol

I'm using a Z30 and the leaked OS 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 01:03 PM
    One other experience with Android Bluetooth.

Chrysler "UConnect Access" is an app that interfaces with Chrysler vehicles (remote start, etc.). They just released an update over the weekend to now interface directly with the latest Chrysler radios....they have in-car apps for Slacker, Pandora, etc that utilize your phone's data-plan via a Bluetooth connection using this app. The updated APP's Bluetooth functionality does not work on the latest "official" 10.2.0 OS because the android player lacks blue-tooth support.

However, I can confirm the app works perfectly with the 10.2.1.1055 leak. I using a Verizon Z-10 with the leaked 10.2.1.1055.
    12-16-13 06:54 AM
    One other experience with Android Bluetooth.

Chrysler "UConnect Access" is an app that interfaces with Chrysler vehicles (remote start, etc.). They just released an update over the weekend to now interface directly with the latest Chrysler radios....they have in-car apps for Slacker, Pandora, etc that utilize your phone's data-plan via a Bluetooth connection using this app. The updated APP's Bluetooth functionality does not work on the latest "official" 10.2.0 OS because the android player lacks blue-tooth support.

However, I can confirm the app works perfectly with the 10.2.1.1055 leak. I using a Verizon Z-10 with the leaked 10.2.1.1055.

At least historically (not sure if it is still true), UConnect was powered by QNX... ie BlackBerry.
    12-16-13 07:14 PM
    I have torque connecting to my BT obd on the new leak. I didn't pair via android, just paired through BB10 and android runtime was able to see it.

Posted via CB10
    Which odb reader did you buy?
    12-16-13 11:48 PM
    So sounds like this is possibly a new feature, has anyone tested it out with any fitness apps. I have been able to pair with my handsfree car system

I'm having some serious issues with my HRM pairing with my Z10. I'm currently using the OS leak .1209 and it recognize and save the HRM info but I get a message saying "Cannot Connect with Polar iWL. With that being said, i have a TON of fitness apps (apk and native) loaded and the only one's that will recognize my HRM is Cascarun, Sports Tracker and Fitness Tracker. I have Runtastic Pro (bought from App World) and it does not record my HR info. I have the Runtastic HR app and it will not pick up my HRM either. There are a bunch more that I have installed on my Z10 but all the .apk apps that are supposed to sync to my HRM will not.

I'm looking for help and a solution to my problems as I would like to be able to use my Polar H7 HRM with my new apk capable Blackberry Z10. All of the apps that we've been fighting for are finally available and will not work the way we want them to. The only thing that's good is that the GPS works so at least that information can still be tracked.

Right now, I'm using my Polar FT7 watch with my H1 HRM to track my HR information. It's a pain in the a$$ bc I have to manually input that information into the app I want to use.
    12-30-13 03:46 AM
    I finally got my Vgate ELM327 OBD Scanner yesterday. Bought Torque from BlackBerry World and got everything working in about 5 minutes. Was fun to drive around getting realtime engine data on my Z30 (10.2.1.1925+1926 radio). Unfortunately I didn't have anyone available to drive so I couldn't do much with it while driving...safely.
    Omnitech likes this.
    01-17-14 07:44 AM
    I finally got my 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio). Unfortunately I didn't have anyone available to drive so I couldn't do much with it while driving...safely.
    I'm on 1925/1926 as well. I own a Scantool OBDLink MX (one of Torque's best rated OBD2 adapters).

Previously I could not get my Z10 to connect to my OBDLink MX at all - it would pair okay enough but could not connect via bluetooth. After reading your post, I thought I'd try again.

- Initially the phone would pair but not connect to the OBDLink MX (same problem as before).
    - I went online and noticed newer firmware upgrades. After upgrading the firmware on my OBDLink MX I tried again and.....it worked!

My sideloaded Torque Pro apk (I own the Android version) connected, everything worked and I thought life was good.

However, after disconnecting the bluetooth connection I tried connecting again. Same old story "Cannot connect with OBDLink MX" .

After an hour or so of messing around I finally gave up.

Edit: My OBDLink uses a dedicated MAC address, not the generic 11:22:33: DD:EE:FF address common for many of the cheaper Chinese ELM327 scanners.
    Last edited by Rudy Kruger; 01-17-14 at 03:11 PM.
    01-17-14 02:40 PM
    I've had a BT capable elm 327 for a while and will try to pair it to my .1925 powered z30 with torque on it real soon. I'll post up if I have any issues.

(I'm exicted that it could finally work!)
    01-17-14 02:52 PM
    I got a BT Elm327 on eBay and it pairs perfectly with Torque (from BBW). Using a a Z30 on 1925 leak.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:40 AM
    After updating to the official 10.2.1 my OBD no longer works. I have been using OBD car doctor for a few months on the leaked os and it worked great. Anyone else having issues?
    02-01-14 01:09 PM
    After updating to the official 10.2.1 my OBD no longer works. I have been using OBD car doctor for a few months on the leaked os and it worked great. Anyone else having issues?

If you had the most recent leaked OS (10.2.1.1925), it is 100% identical to the official OS released over the last week or so. So if you do have an issue, it isn't because of the OS code in particular, probably something about how your device was updated and any resultant configuration changes that triggered that.

If you haven't done so recently, I would do a full "hard" reset of the device and see if that helps.

(Either hold power button down for 10 seconds until it says "powering down", then after it completely shuts off and turns the screen black in ~30 seconds power it back up, or hold both volume buttons for about 30 seconds until the black screen comes on.)

A "soft" reset is if you hold down the power button for 2-3 seconds, then press the "restart" button on screen. That will not re-initialize the Android runtime.
    02-02-14 09:53 PM
    Use Settings, App Manager, Device Monitor. Use the various tabs until you find the Car Doctor app. Tap it and use delete to remove it.

Delete the Bluetooth profile for the OBD scanner.

Power down your phone for a few minutes. Start the phone, pair the Bluetooth scanner. Install the app and test.
    jgrzadka likes this.
    02-03-14 08:59 AM
    I did the hard reboot and it works again. Thanks for the help!
    02-08-14 03:38 PM
    Any news if the latest OS BT works with the Kevo door lock Smart Keys?

Flicked out via Zed10
    dlg18 likes this.
    06-20-14 09:44 PM
    The Bluetooth functionality really works fine. I downloaded the official Pebble app from the Google Play Store and it was able to connect to my Pebble. It was also able to do the firmware update via the bluetooth as well as installing some apps on to the watch using the Android version.

So all in all, it does work.

Posted via CB10
    That's great news. I can get a Pebble Steel now
    06-20-14 10:36 PM
    It also works with both Pandora and aha Radio for phone integration with your car's head unit (if the car will play nice with it.)
    06-21-14 07:56 AM
44 12