I've been running the 10.3.1 leaks since they started coming out months ago. Originally everything was fin but it seems now I'm having a bluetooth issue. It's started with the 2243 leak and now that I have the Rogers official OS for my Z30, the problem is still there. Whenever I connect to my bluetooth headphones or Sony bluetooth speaker, the audio becomes very choppy and constantly cuts in and out. I though there might be a compatibility issue at first but it's also doing the same thing with my BlackBerry Music Gateway. I never had this problem with the earlier 10.3.1 leaks and it's driving me just batty now. Has anyone had these issues and if so, how did you fix it?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 07:14 AM
    Mine is clear as a bell.

Not sure what the issue is. I hate to suggest a security wipe, but I'm not sure what else to try.

Maybe a series of 3 or 4 hard resets (with at least 20 minutes between each try)?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-26-15 07:20 AM
    It's funny cause I have definitely seen / heard an improvement in the sound quality when ever I play music through Bluetooth since the update , it's so much better and then I made a change on the EQ and it got even better if that was even possible .

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-26-15 11:47 AM
    I have 2 Bluetooth issues with 10.3.1:
    1) My Bluetooth speaker used to play much loader at max volume. It's now far to soft at max volume. This has occurred on both my Q10 an Z3 with the same speaker and I know it's not the speaker because I tested it with another MP3 player and got the same old volume max volume that I used to get prior to 10.3.1.
    2) My Bluetooth car-kit (Nokia CK-7W) used to work perfectly prior to 10.3.1. Once 10.3.1 was installed it struggled to connect at first but after getting it to connect, there's no voice transmitting or receiving. People I have tried to call say the call come through but no sound?

Is there any confirmation of other BT issues and if so, is Blackberry aware and trying to correct this?
    Otherwise very happy with 10.3.1
    02-27-15 05:42 AM
    On my Z10, with 10.3.1 my issues:
    The good thing is the phone pairs with the car uploads phonebook to the car and calls work... I think. nobody phones me.
    The bad,
    It did work for a week after the update but the audio wouldn't stop when the car was off and door opened. It would keep playing in my pocket. :/
    Now.. Bluetooth Audio command connects to the Ford Sync and starts the music player the song plays on the phone but no audio comes through. Also the skip forward and back work, just no sound.
    I've repaired a couple times and did cold starts on the phone. It's getting worse
    Last edited by Boight; 03-13-15 at 08:06 AM. Reason: more info
    03-12-15 07:55 AM
    I've had the choppy, cut in-and-out annoyance too. It's especially frustrating when going for a run with my bluetooth headset. Some days it's flawless, other days it's an absolute nightmare. Never experienced this problem until 10.3.1.
    03-12-15 08:00 AM
    I've had the choppy, cut in-and-out annoyance too. It's especially frustrating when going for a run with my bluetooth headset. Some days it's flawless, other days it's an absolute nightmare. Never experienced this problem until 10.3.1.
    Been experiencing that as well on my morning runs, seems a little worse on 10.3.1 but had the same problem on both my Z10 and Z30 on 10.2.1.

One thing I've noticed, though - this never seems to happen when I'm at home listening to music or making calls...could it possibly be that I'm coming in range of other BT-enabled devices in my neighborhood that are interrupting the stream from my Z30 somehow? I set my "Discoverable" setting to Off, but it doesn't seem to help.

Frankly, my IT kung-fu predates BT, so I'm not familiar enough with the network protocol to know if such a thing is even possible...any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 12:20 PM
    I'm getting the issue with my Bluetooth headphones, my BlackBerry music gateway, and my Bluetooth Sony speaker. Works fine with my car though. It seems like the range has been cut down to 2 feet or so. If I put my phone next to the speaker it seems to be OK. Once I move it further than 2 or 3 feet, the audio cuts in and out. I'm thinking maybe I should install the old bar file from 10.2.1. Think it will work?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 11:08 AM
    Does anyone have a good working .bar file and instructions for Bluetooth for 10.3.0.xxxx for the Passport? I am on 10.3.1.1779 Software release and the Bluetooth is terrible!
    03-19-15 11:51 AM
    I've been getting hangups transferring files to my MacBook on 10.3.1 whereas I didn't ever before. Happened about 3 times in 3 days. Need to shutdown my mac too to have the bluetooth window go away. Not saying it is the BlackBerry. I suppose it could be the Mac, but didn't happen before. Just trying to be helpful.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 03:49 PM
    Has anyone found any type of solution? I tested it with my z10 and my passport and both worked beautifully. So it's obviously something with my Z30. I've tried a few different Bluetooth bar files and they all produce the same issue. This is getting extremely frustrating

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:31 AM
    Have the same issue plus a variation:

My Sony headset doesn't want to connect with my z10 from time to time. The only way to resolve it is to reboot.

My aveos music gateway will get choppy and once the connection is stable again it will speed up (old fashioned fast forward like the cassette) the music until it has reached the point it should have been on.

I think they are both BT 3.0 devices

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 02:25 PM
    Have the same issue plus a variation:

My Sony headset doesn't want to connect with my z10 from time to time. The only way to resolve it is to reboot.

My aveos music gateway will get choppy and once the connection is stable again it will speed up (old fashioned fast forward like the cassette) the music until it has reached the point it should have been on.

I think they are both BT 3.0 devices

Posted via CB10
    Ditto on the reboot. However, the sound only gets choppy when the phone is in standby mode. I'm defining standby as when the screen turns off.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 02:32 PM
    Now you mentioned it, I believe it's the same for me. I do have it on the desktop stand but the screen will be off.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 04:09 PM
    Now you mentioned it, I believe it's the same for me. I do have it on the desktop stand but the screen will be off.

Posted via CB10
    I think this happens when I pause a podcast and then play some media in the browser. So basically you trigger it by having one app use the media player, then another that probably uses some API related to the media player. It is if that sets or triggers some flag.

When the screen does dark, the phone is in an alternating sleep and active mode, probably to conserve power. The audio is chopped with this mode change. I'm not a programmer, so I am probably not explaining this well. In engineering terms, it would be described as duty cycle.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 05:47 PM
    I think this happens when I pause a podcast and then play some media in the browser. So basically you trigger it by having one app use the media player, then another that probably uses some API related to the media player. It is if that sets or triggers some flag.

When the screen does dark, the phone is in an alternating sleep and active mode, probably to conserve power. The audio is chopped with this mode change. I'm not a programmer, so I am probably not explaining this well. In engineering terms, it would be described as duty cycle.

Posted via CB10
    I wish that was the case. I could kinda sorta live with that. I'm my case, any time I move the phone away from the Bluetooth device more than 2 feet, it starts cutting out. And I tried 3 different OS's. All the same. There has to be something with the phone itself cause my z10 and passport work fine

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 10:21 AM