Sorry, I meant to say that I wanted to restore my personal apps and data. I understand the enterprise stuff will be restored upon re-activation.

Hmm ... I thought I could just claim ignorance. I'd like to think that the company wouldn't fire me just for loading a new/leaked OS.
    True, I keep forgetting the separation of church and state.

As for claiming ignorance. They didn't lock you out for craps and giggles. Ignorance doesn't work in all environments. You're a better judge of your particular situation than I. I just felt it best to bring it up.
    01-17-15 10:38 PM
    I appreciate the concern and reminder. I know a few of the folks that work in our IT department and I think they wouldn't care so much. But truth be told, who knows what their bosses and IT heads would think. I'd like to think that a leaked OS would not put our client data at risk, but I guess I can't guarantee that.

Maybe I'll ask the IT guys "off the record" what their thoughts are on this. I really want to get to a newer OS and enjoy Blend and other things like panoramic pictures.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-17-15 10:46 PM
    I appreciate the concern and reminder. I know a few of the folks that work in our IT department and I think they wouldn't care so much. But truth be told, who knows what their bosses and IT heads would think. I'd like to think that a leaked OS would not put our client data at risk, but I guess I can't guarantee that.

Maybe I'll ask the IT guys "off the record" what their thoughts are on this. I really want to get to a newer OS and enjoy Blend and other things like panoramic pictures.
    Hopefully they'll let ya go for it. I've been quite vocal in my displeasure of the current OS clusterfriggle. It was bad enough having the Passport come out with its OS. Then the slap in the face with the Classic's release on a not ready for primetime 10.3.1 was outrageous. They better have this all straightened out within a month. It's absolute insanity (nicest way I can possibly put it).
    01-17-15 10:53 PM
    From what I have been able to get from IT is that end users just loading what they want causes more of a resource drain rather than a real security risk.

Take the latest iOS debacle, everyone loaded up the new os and then complained to their IT team that it bricked their phone. IT teams like to test OS upgrades prior to releasing them so they can test then to ensure they work with the applied ecosystem.

They have a "macro" type approach to what they do and a simple issue can cause systemic problems...

Just be sympathetic to their demands prior to your self interests to test certain software.

I realize as I type this I am being somewhat hypocritical but it is what it is...be nice to your IT department if you want them on your side.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-17-15 11:05 PM
29 12