I am pretty sure that us enterprise users can not enjoy the Blitz approach but I thought I would ask.

I tried in the past to do non destructive leak instals but at the time Sachesi would not play nice with an Enterprise device, I assume this is still the case for these Blitz files?

If I do a destructive load I have to ask IT for a reset to my activation...
    01-17-15 05:08 PM
    I've done nondestructive many times and I'm on BES10. No issues. Yes, destructive will require a new activation password.

Todd

Posted via CB10
    stealthbob likes this.
    01-17-15 05:15 PM
    Awesome...

I basically ignored the Blitz talk as I assumed it would not go with my BES10 activation. I tried searching and found it difficult to filter through all the posts not related to enterprise applications.

Thanks
    01-17-15 05:30 PM
    I suppose that would depend on how locked down you are. Only one way to find out...
    just_luc likes this.
    01-17-15 05:37 PM
    I believe my main limitation is developer mode and of course a mandatory password for the work side only...other than that pretty open I think.

I will do my due diligence by doing some reading, will try later tonight or tomorrow. I really don't want to bother IT will new activation requests. They have enough to do these days and frankly BBRY is not very popular so I don't want to make things worse for them.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-17-15 06:02 PM
    My Z10 is hosted on BES10 with Work Space and have had no issues 'Blitz'ing

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 07:27 PM
    I am guessing that an error like "Communication Error: 2 (Connection closed)" is due to limitations by my enterprise policies?

Once I start the install process that is what I get...same as it was back when I tried all this before.
    01-17-15 08:13 PM
    I am guessing that an error like "Communication Error: 2 (Connection closed)" is due to limitations by my enterprise policies?

Once I start the install process that is what I get...same as it was back when I tried all this before.
    Sounds like it. Can you make a backup on your own PC?
    stealthbob likes this.
    01-17-15 08:17 PM
    Sounds like it. Can you make a backup on your own PC?
    Through Link yes....

Building one through Sachesi now which is likely what you meant.
    01-17-15 08:21 PM
    As Wulf said. It's not the fact that you're on a BES, it's whether or not your BES policies block sideloading, as that's exactly what a blitz file does, it just does all the required files in order.

If you can't load other files through Sachesi, you won't be able to run the blitz either. If you can, then you can.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and stealthbob like this.
    01-17-15 08:25 PM
    Through Link yes....

Building one through Sachesi now which is likely what you meant.
    No, I meant through Link. Interesting you can, but still doesn't indicate you can load an unauthorized file.
    01-17-15 08:30 PM
    Well then that is what it is...

My main hope was that the new versions had a fix for the voice fade complaints I get from time to time from people I am talking to on my PP.

I can wait for the official release in Feb...just hope it gets fixed.

Thanks for the support...
    01-17-15 08:31 PM
    No, I meant through Link. Interesting you can, but still doesn't indicate you can load an unauthorized file.
    I believe it comes down to if the Developer mode is disabled...on my policy it is.
    01-17-15 08:33 PM
    Well then that is what it is...

My main hope was that the new versions had a fix for the voice fade complaints I get from time to time from people I am talking to on my PP.

I can wait for the official release in Feb...just hope it gets fixed.

Thanks for the support...
    Are you using a case?
    01-17-15 08:34 PM
    I believe it comes down to if the Developer mode is disabled...on my policy it is.
    They can place restrictions on OS install through official means too.
    01-17-15 08:35 PM
    Are you using a case?
    No Naked and also made note that my finger was not covering the mic...

The issue happens mostly at home where my signal is not the best but my Z10 and 30 never had the issue.
    01-17-15 08:39 PM
    They can place restrictions on OS install through official means too.
    I believe they have locked the device down and frankly don't blame them, cowboys like me cause all kind of unnecessary grief to IT departments.
    01-17-15 08:42 PM
    No Naked and also made note that my finger was not covering the mic...

The issue happens mostly at home where my signal is not the best but my Z10 and 30 never had the issue.
    Is this a Passport? Hopefully whatever it is, an official OS will be released soon, and if IT won't simply let it load, I'd bring the issue up at that time.

BTW - off topic, love the avy
    stealthbob likes this.
    01-17-15 08:44 PM
    Is this a Passport?
    BTW - off topic, love the avy
    Yes its a PP...my favorite device of all time. The productivity I get from it has changed how I do my job.

...and speaking to all time favorites:

Thanks for the avy comment, its my 54 Buick Roadmaster, I have 2 and they consume my fun time.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-17-15 08:53 PM
    Yes its a PP...my favorite device of all time. The productivity I get from it has changed how I do my job.

...and speaking to all time favorites:

Thanks for the avy comment, its my 54 Buick Roadmaster, I have 2 and they consume my fun time.
    Man I feel bad for ya. That phone should never have come out with 10.3.0.

I'm so damn jealous. Love'm!
    stealthbob likes this.
    01-17-15 09:05 PM
    I have the same issue. I have a z30 on BES and not able to use Sachesi to do a non-destructive upgrade. Like you, the company's IT policy does not allow us to use "development mode".

What I was thinking of doing was doing a backup, wipe the device so that it is no longer connected to the BES, load the new OS and then restore the backup and re-connect to the BES. Only issue is that it is a lot of work (i.e. extremely time consuming), but if I get some free time, I might as well.
    01-17-15 09:52 PM
    I have the same issue. I have a z30 on BES and not able to use Sachesi to do a non-destructive upgrade. Like you, the company's IT policy does not allow us to use "development mode".

What I was thinking of doing was doing a backup, wipe the device so that it is no longer connected to the BES, load the new OS and then restore the backup and re-connect to the BES. Only issue is that it is a lot of work (i.e. extremely time consuming), but if I get some free time, I might as well.
    1) Don't bother with a backup, BES will restore that upon activation. That is unless...

2) Be careful you don't place your job in jeopardy over an upgrade.
    01-17-15 09:59 PM

Don't underestimate the wrath you can receive from IT from messing with their system...

They are helpful people but when they find that their efforts are being wasted from cowboys "experimenting" they get a little unamused...and rightly so.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-17-15 10:04 PM
    Don't underestimate the wrath you can receive from IT from messing with their system...

They are helpful people but when they find that their efforts are being wasted from cowboys "experimenting" they get a little unamused...and rightly so.
    Especially when charged to regulate from a higher authority. Some crazy business owners/managers care more about their security than your user experience. Bastages, all of them.

stealthbob likes this.
    01-17-15 10:10 PM
    1) Don't bother with a backup, BES will restore that upon activation. That is unless...

Sorry, I meant to say that I wanted to restore my personal apps and data. I understand the enterprise stuff will be restored upon re-activation.

Hmm ... I thought I could just claim ignorance. I'd like to think that the company wouldn't fire me just for loading a new/leaked OS.
    01-17-15 10:32 PM
29 12