I'm back compiling another Core App needed Feature List. This time it's Blend and for all you Passport owners that are using Blend at the moment, what features would you like to see in it?

- [UI] Let us Rearrange and Resize app homepage. Blend looks awkward on a large screen. Long press(tablets) / right
    click (PC) to get resizing tools and let us Drag and Drop.

- [UI] Scaling should be a bit better. Examples: a lot blank space in the HUB, buttons like (File, reply, compose are all real small), some text is real small

- [Calendar] For Events lets us add participants and notes.

- [Contacts] Let us fully edit contacts

- [Connectivity] Bluetooth support

- [APP] Remember sync

- [APP] Docs to go / express

- [APP] Browser integration with opened Tabs and bookmark syncing

- [APP] Maps with favourites and places syncing. I don’t expect to use Maps from my computer but I would like to sync information back and forth so I can plan my trip before picking up my phone.

- [APP] Travel – I would like to plan my trip on my computer

- [APP] BlackBerry World Portal

- [3rd Party APP] App Mirror or Player like Bluestacks. (feature only for Windows desktop and OSX)

- [HUB] Pinch type feature

- [APP] Password keeper sync

- [EMAIL] Add signature

- [HUB] CTRL and Shift keyboard controls for OSX and Windows Desktop is needed. There is no way to multi select. On tablets, hold item and get options, one of them being Select More.

- [HUB] Search filters and tags.

- [APP] Bring back BlackBerry Protect from the dead and let us cloud sync back ups/restores so I don't have to use link anymore

- [BBM] Full BBM feature set (video, voice, retraction, timed messages, Channels and etc)

- [BBM] Drag and drop pictures from the internet onto BBM, SMS and Email. Just like the "Sharing" option in BB10 where I don't have to save a picture to send it.

- [BBM Groups] Notifications for pictures and comments.

- [BBM Groups] Support for Events and Lists with notifications

- [BBM] Channel feeds

-[HUB] Full Hub mirror. Not even to open and use third party apps, but at least to be able to see them! Full integration for those apps can come later.

[Old Bridge Feature] - "open on", open links and docs from your device on your computer.

- [Calendar] agenda view

- [Calendar] Week starting on Monday instead of Sunday just like on my BlackBerry

- Pop up notifcations, with quick reply. Android L, iOS8, Windows and OS X all allow 3rd party devs to do so. I should even get pop up notifications when Blend is minimized. Calendar/Remember reminders and due dates should also have popup notifications.

- 3rd party apps like Whatsapp are coming to Blend but I'm not sure how they are going to play out apps that aren't cross-platform like Whatsapp. But I'm hoping there is a way for 3rd party devs that aren't cross -platform can get their apps in there since it's pretty bare bones right now. All our notifications won't be getting pushed to Blend until they have that figured out.

- Please allow android app integration somehow. There are emulators like Bluestacks and maybe only make them available for OSX and Windows desktop.

- [Windows] Spark in the on the Blend icon in the tray/taskbar on the bottom right when getting notifications https://app.box.com/s/11pq2frgwtes9f73on1t

- [Media] A way to stop / pause / cancel downloads -clicking on a large file will cause Blend to start downloading it immediately - but there's no way to currently cancel that download without clicking on something else (which will then get downloaded instead)

- Built in spell check and formatting for entered text -utilize the commonly found red underline and formatting blue line.

- [Windows and OSX] Ability to scroll and navigate using the up / down / left / right arrows - this is particularly useful when scrolling through a long group chat / folder in the File Manager

- Have a 'close' button on things like the details / properties view in the File Manager (or give us a way to hide / minimize those details)

- [Media and Docs] Have an 'Open In' option for media files - as opposed to defaulting to the native application. Handy of you want to open a particular file in a specific program

- A cancel button on the 'Connecting' screen so that you can abort a connection without having to exit Blend

- [Media] Stream large media files as opposed to downloading
    Last edited by khehl; 10-22-14 at 08:00 AM.
    Searchy likes this.
    10-21-14 12:32 PM
    Check out my other wish lists

What features from BBOS7.1 do you miss in BB10.3
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...10-3-a-957985/

What features would you like to see in the HUB in 10.3?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...10-3-a-958510/

Contacts App: What features would you guys like to see in it?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ke-see-952481/

What features would you guys like to see in Remember
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...member-952306/

Would you like a Blackberry Triggers app like Tasker (automated task manager) from Android?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ndroid-959968/

What features would you like to see in BlackBerry Maps??
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post10871820

Would you guys like a Card Holder app? (iOS Passbook/Google Wallet competitor)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...etitor-961151/

WANTED: Print to Go / Docs to Go / Express Feature List on BB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-bb10-963189/

BlackBerry Travel: What Features would you like to see?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ke-see-966254/

NOTE: Hyperlinks are only working on the CrackBerry site but not on the CB10 app (at least some users) which is why I added the title above the link.
    10-21-14 12:35 PM
    Great ideas!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 12:41 PM
    Great ideas!

Posted via CB10
    thanks!
    10-21-14 02:59 PM
    I would like 'open on' from BlackBerry bridge on blend.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    10-21-14 03:16 PM
    Conversation view for email accounts and Agenda view for Calendar. More options for Calendar (why is Sunday day one when my on my device it is Monday).

Full Hub mirror. Not even to open and use third party apps, but at least to be able to see them! Full integration for those apps can come later.

BlackBerry 10 signed @ C0007CC89
    10-21-14 03:26 PM
    I would like 'open on' from BlackBerry bridge on blend.

Posted via CB10
    expand please. You mean the "open in" then you can pick which app to open it in?
    10-21-14 03:37 PM
    expand please. You mean the "open in" then you can pick which app to open it in?
    No, BlackBerry bridge had a feature where you could be browsing a webpage, for example, open menu and choose 'open on' and it would open that page on your PlayBook.

In this case it would open the page on your PC or whatever machine you were blended to.

It worked the same for documents, pdfs, etc as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 04:46 PM
    Be sure to pick up either of the Pushbullet clients that are coming for BB10. They allow you to share a lot of information (notes, files, urls) between devices, and the Chrome plugin for Pushbullet allows for automatic opening of urls I think.

BlackBerry 10 signed @ C0007CC89
    10-21-14 06:44 PM
    No, BlackBerry bridge had a feature where you could be browsing a webpage, for example, open menu and choose 'open on' and it would open that page on your PlayBook.

In this case it would open the page on your PC or whatever machine you were blended to.

It worked the same for documents, pdfs, etc as well.

Posted via CB10
    ohh ok, just like Glenn said Pushbullet does do that but added to the feature list
    10-21-14 09:42 PM
    updated OP
    10-22-14 08:01 AM
    Do you think it would be possible to access Blend via bluetooth?
    Good method when wifi and the USB cable is not available.

Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    10-22-14 08:19 AM

No idea if someone smart like @ofutur can prove that it doesn't work then I will take it off

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 11:58 AM

Should be possible but security could be an issue. I'm nearly sure when I had it demo'd to me by BlackBerry UK back in April they said it would connect over Bluetooth but it has changed a lot since then!

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    Attached Thumbnails Blend Wish List : What features would you like to see in Blend?-img_20141022_234708.png  
    10-22-14 05:52 PM
    Why do they say it connects via mobile network? Never tried that.
    Maybe I'm going off topic here.

For me, I really wish they integrated remember app at the start, being a native client an all. Atleast then I could add tasks through my Mac.

The ipad version works but the problem is that you need to reconnect everytime you minimise the app. And the connection to ipad is much slower compared to the mac (which is seamless) so the overall experience is not too great. This might be a ios limitation so not sure if they can do anything about it.

10-23-14 01:46 AM
    From above list, BBM channel feeds already exists.

10-23-14 01:48 AM
    I wish to have Blend operating on Vista and Playbook (dream!)
    10-23-14 10:08 AM

I haven't got a Passport to try it out with but I might get to play with one in a couple of weeks and will also be meeting up with BlackBerry UK so I'll ask them about the mobile connectivity for Blend.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    10-23-14 02:15 PM
    I wish to have Blend operating on Vista and Playbook (dream!)
    who uses Vista?
    10-23-14 07:45 PM
    From above list, BBM channel feeds already exists.

Not in the BBM "Feeds" section. Only Contact and group feeds exist. It's much better looking at unified list of channels then clicking on each individual one.
    10-23-14 07:47 PM

For me, I really wish they integrated remember app at the start, being a native client an all. Atleast then I could add tasks through my Mac.

The ipad version works but the problem is that you need to reconnect everytime you minimise the app. And the connection to ipad is much slower compared to the mac (which is seamless) so the overall experience is not too great. This might be a ios limitation so not sure if they can do anything about it.

not sure why it says mobile network either since it doesn't work. Maybe in the 10.3.1 official release it will.
    10-23-14 07:48 PM
    Mobile network does work.

I've used it multiple time.

Though the first time was by accident haha.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:22 PM
    Mobile network does work.

I've used it multiple time.

Though the first time was by accident haha.

Posted via CB10
    mhmmm there is only a Wifi and USB option when connecting... When turning "use mobile network" "ON". If you check, it doesn't use any data.
    Last edited by khehl; 10-23-14 at 09:59 PM.
    10-23-14 09:01 PM
    Blend Wish List : What features would you like to see in Blend?-img_20141023_205337.png

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 10:53 PM
    I haven't got a Passport to try it out with but I might get to play with one in a couple of weeks and will also be meeting up with BlackBerry UK so I'll ask them about the mobile connectivity for Blend.
    Think I know what mobile connectivity to Blend means now.

Yesterday I created a mobile hotspot connection from my PP and got my mac connected to that network. Blend started immediately. It isn't as fast to connect as through wifi but it wasn't slow at all!

10-24-14 02:43 AM
43 12