This is what I get every time Blend tries to connect. Any insight?Blend Update-blend.jpg
    12-19-14 04:07 PM
    Is this some kind of a joke? I just got the email from BB saying that BlackBerry Blend was available... as a paid service!

$2/month isn't very much, but in the past few days we've seen tons of people on here get Blend working on their standard phones. It's going to stink if that is going to be taken away, assuming all of us having access is some kind of mistake. That or I'm just really mis-reading this...

Attachment 321906

Link: https://store.blackberry.com/direct/.../SPA-60862-001
    Look carefully at the store category. Hint: "enterprise".

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 06:12 PM
    I was just trying it again for kicks today on my Win7 PC. I was pleasantly surprised and I'm still wide-eyed using this! WOW! BlackBerry you did it again...amazed me! Thank you!

Funny, I knew I wouldn't be first reporting this, but I didn't see any news on the main page!

WOW!
    12-19-14 07:06 PM
    Blend Update-img_20141220_133130.png

I never had any issue with Blend.

Blend Update-img_20141218_110957.jpg

Works great on my tablet, too!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    12-19-14 11:34 PM
    Look carefully at the store category. Hint: "enterprise".

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but still! On second look, additional named callers is sticking out to me. Is this the first step to virtual sim? OR If they are going to allow calling in blend, does that mean multiple BlackBerry ids can share a phone?

Multi user blend could be interesting!

Edit: what's up now, AirDroid?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 09:50 AM
    I really don't think they're going to allow calling from Blend. I mean, let's get real here: your device is right there

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    12-20-14 10:16 AM
    My Blend just doesn't want to load my dashboard up every time. It has worked a few times but then goes to the "limited connectivity". I have it connected with a USB right now and this is all I've been seeing.
    Blend Update-khxdzcs.png
    12-20-14 10:42 AM
    Yeah, but still! On second look, additional named callers is sticking out to me. Is this the first step to virtual sim? OR If they are going to allow calling in blend, does that mean multiple BlackBerry ids can share a phone?

Multi user blend could be interesting!

Edit: what's up now, AirDroid?

Posted via CB10
    If it's what I think it is, it's for adding additional users to BES.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 11:03 AM
    I am having a connection problem.

Updated blend on my Z30 Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154.

Downloaded the app on my iPad OS 8.1.2

Tried pairing the two devices. On the iPad it would connect, then disconnect automatically.

On the Z30 I tried pairing and it will refer me to my device connections page which is turned on. When I select the iPad, it says it cannot connect and to make sure my iPad is 'on' and has Internet connection.

=/ what to do?
    12-20-14 11:36 AM
    Resolved. Had to enable it in quick settings lol.
    12-20-14 11:39 AM
    If it's what I think it is, it's for adding additional users to BES.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. Imagine how useful this would be for a C level assistant to use. Instant access direct to the phone accounts for work.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 11:40 AM
    So BlackBerry has Blend, Android has AirDroid. Who wins?
    Well, on several point, those don't compare.
    The first I have in mind is the "footprint free" aspect of Blend.
    In short : any single action you do in blend is processed by your device, not the computer. Also, any network transaction goes through the device. This is - first - an Enterprise EMM and security advantage (though, I must admit I'm not familiar with AirDroid). This means you can mirror your device, yet only when granted by Admin and within the BES policy. For us, individuals, this means we can set Blend (mind to uncheck "stand connected") on virtually any computer without slurping / footprints risk.

For those "ancient" like me, remember the client/server topology.
    12-20-14 11:56 AM
    I agree. But that basic is like 100% better than other have
    I am sure those functions will be added later.
    Expect fast enhancements on a - say - monthly basis, like BBM.
    Many apps developers are requesting Blend Hub notifications; it's "on the list".

Wrote a bit about it (among other points) here : http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11173768
    5. What's next with Blend ?
    Main point was to have the 1.0 version rolling. People already love it.
    Now, we're going on a fast pace and you can expect updates on - say - a monthly base, as for BBM.
    SF : " some advanced tech noticed some particular protocols enabled between the device and the client ..."
    [ED: those that enable voice/video - Then I felt a red laser dot on my forehead (lol)]
    ... smiles ... laugh ...
    "it's on the top of demands that have been voiced" (referring to apple's continuity).
    And then I mentioned Channel posting and various improvements (timed message, retraction, ...)
    "There's nothing in your list that isn't on the road-map but there's so many additions requested by users and partners that we have to schedule it and it will come, one after the other".
    I-love-that.
    12-20-14 12:27 PM
    I still can't get it to launch on my Mac.... it's starting to **** me off

College Valedictorian.. I.T. Pro... Swiped from the AMAZING Zed30 on. 10.3.1.1154 on ATT.. SoFlo
    12-20-14 01:55 PM
    Another point over AirDroid. You can't install or run apps from Blend. I think that is more security minded actually. This is a big win when classic comes out and 10.3.1 is live.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 02:25 PM
    here is my setup:

Q5 SQR100-3
    OS 10.3.0.1418
    - downloaded the sys.fuse.bar version 1.1.0.65 (in thread "latest blend bar link", SirJes had post a link to download it. install it using whatever ways you like, say it sachesi or using google chrome or sideload it)

Mac OSX 10.9.0
    - download the newest Blackberry Blend Installer from Blackberry Website...
    - restart you mac after successfull install

at first I couldn't connect my Q5 and Mac even both were using the same wifi at home... I don't know why.
    then I tried to connect them using USB cable. and the Blend in my MacBook Air recognise the Q5 immediately...
    I pulled my USB cable and I can connect my Q5 and my Mac using my wifi without any problem...

----------
    my review after 30 minutes:
    - a little bit laggy (not really smooth)
    - because a lot of my contacts use whatsapp, I do really miss whatsapp
    - i need dark theme and also sound notification would be good
    - i like it hehehehe
    Attached Thumbnails Blend Update-blend-works.jpg  
    12-20-14 02:26 PM
    Opening up bend to the 3rd party social networks will be big.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 02:37 PM
    APIs on their way for selected partners.

Posted via CB10
    kevets likes this.
    12-20-14 04:25 PM
    I had some probs getting blend working on my Acer android 4.4 tablet. Changing default IPv4 to IPv6 did the trick for me.
    12-20-14 05:38 PM
    APIs on their way for selected partners.

Posted via CB10
    Source

Posted via CB10
    kadthekid likes this.
    12-20-14 05:38 PM
    Blend works with z10 OS 10.3 with the latest fuse.bar(blend file)instaled via sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 07:37 AM
    F2,

That is strange. The only thing I can think of is removing your BlackBerry ID from your Z10 then re-adding it, but that would require a security wipe. Hope you figure it out.

Question:

I've installed Blend on my Samsung Tab S. That went fine. But after a "timeout period" when I open Blend again or have to Reconnect, I'm asked for my Z10 password. It then kind of connects but doesn't. What I get next (this has happened repeatedly) is I am now shown TWO devices, my Z10 and another device with a partial PIN number (I think that's what is showing).

So, I have to again choose the Z10 and again enter a password. That is I have to enter my password twice in order to actually get blend working.

I just looked my my BBID on the site and it does not show anywhere that I can change or remove/delete a device associated with that second PIN. And I also just checked and that pin or number is not the same as either of my BB Playbooks.

Ideas?

Here's what I seeAttachment 321695
    12-21-14 08:03 AM
    I am running this on and have Blend working on the PC, I have not loaded any bars. I just updated blend on the phone today

Blend Update-img_20141221_180328.png

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 12:18 PM
    Source

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry, from their mouth to my ears (see the link I posted before ).

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 02:57 AM
    Has anyone tried blend with a q5? I saw someone had some success with a Q10.
    12-28-14 01:21 PM
352 ... 12131415