I think BlackBerry is going to keep adding functionality to Blend and it is going to develop into a full mobile computing solution. The more stuff that gets brought into Blend the more our BBs will become the center of our computing experience. I think the next big step is going to be the addition of a web browser inside of Blend so that even Web browsing done on a desktop won't leave a trace on the desktop and won't run data through the desktop's network. We should be able to sit down at a public windows computer, fire up blend, and have everything run through and save on the phone only
    thorwiki and tagumcity like this.
    12-24-14 11:36 PM
    It already has a browser, limited to paying bes customers only...

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    12-24-14 11:52 PM
    I think BlackBerry is going to keep adding functionality to Blend and it is going to develop into a full mobile computing solution. The more stuff that gets brought into Blend the more our BBs will become the center of our computing experience. I think the next big step is going to be the addition of a web browser inside of Blend so that even Web browsing done on a desktop won't leave a trace on the desktop and won't run data through the desktop's network. We should be able to sit down at a public windows computer, fire up blend, and have everything run through and save on the phone only
    And BlackBerry be like "Hey, the consumers like it, let's kill it again."
    Just Kidding.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    12-25-14 12:00 AM
    It already has a browser, limited to paying bes customers only...

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    Really? Didn't know that. I saw a paid BlackBerry Bundle for enterprise that mentioned Blend. I was already wondering wat the differences were with consumer Blend. Are there more differences? Workspaces or something?
    12-25-14 02:59 AM
    Hope they release the browser to the general public.. it's the only complaint I have other than that it's awesome!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 03:04 AM
    I personally am confused with the idea of using Blend to browse. Are you using BlackBerry Browser on the desktop or are you simply using the network connection?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    12-25-14 04:58 AM
    I need Remember in Blend, too...
    I Cant' find it!
    My Task management routine involves transforming e-mail requests into a task. Hence I flag emails into the task folder.

Email, Calendar, Rremember those MUST be "blended"!

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    12-25-14 05:15 AM
    I personally am confused with the idea of using Blend to browse. Are you using BlackBerry Browser on the desktop or are you simply using the network connection?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    The advantage of browsing through Blend is for BES users who would be able to access parts of the corporate network that are not available to the outside.

For consumers it would be useful for bypassing lo filtering and monitoring, unless IT has a solution to decrypt and unpack the link from the desktop to the BlackBerry. If they don't, then they may just block it.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    12-25-14 08:30 AM
    Just open API for developers to get their app integrated.. WhatsApp, WeChat and their likes are best for the start

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 08:34 AM
    Browser is not only useful for bes users... I for one would also have a lot of use in it to access the network of my university

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    12-25-14 08:48 AM
    Blend is awesome! Now where is that telephone doc that they pattened last year? That is the ultimate thing to compliment blend.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 09:05 AM
    Some have a tendency to focus on hardware because of the physical aspects. However, the "real jewel" is software. The development of Blend is a significant convergence of computing devices. By making use of Bluetooth (mouse, keyboard, speakers), screen casting, interchanging between work & play, security aspects...Blackberry has hit the ball completely out of the stadium! The OP is on the mark!
    JJStripes likes this.
    12-25-14 09:50 AM
    Some have a tendency to focus on hardware because of the physical aspects. However, the "real jewel" is software. The development of Blend is a significant convergence of computing devices. By making use of Bluetooth (mouse, keyboard, speakers), screen casting, interchanging between work & play, security aspects...Blackberry has hit the ball completely out of the stadium! The OP is on the mark!
    Your comment brings up an idea...
    I hope John Chen (or anyone of his managers) is reading...
    Blend gives us the opportunity to "invade" our hardware...
    Take any PC/Tablet/iPad and run BB-10-Blend on it... It is like a BB emulator...
    One step toward domination :-P

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    12-25-14 10:27 AM