Hi all,

Im running a Z30 on the 2267 OS and Ive been experiencing quite a shocking amount of
    battery drain. The biggest culprit, according to monitor, being Standby. This leaves me in the dark wondering what could be the possible cause of this.

Blacklist of Apps (Native + APK) that Drain Battery-img_20150301_184054.png

My Z30 used to have phenomenal battery stamina, though i suspect im running some app that is seriously chewing up my resources.

I would like to request the community to help in compiling a blacklist of apps (native and android) that are prone to be resource intensive to aid in troubleshooting mine and many other's battery drain problems.

Also any advice is warmly welcomed to help pinpoint the cause of my 'standby' drain.

Thanks CB!

Matt

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:50 AM
    have you try a hard reboot? volume up and down for 10 sec
    03-01-15 11:21 AM
    Lol. Same here standby and system is the worst battery killers.

CB10 via Z10
    03-01-15 11:32 AM
    Hello, had the same experience and want to share my solution. It turned out I set occassionally the amazon app store to send status messages. This feature works great (got hub notifications about available app updates even when amazon appstore was not running) but the battery lasted only half as long since then. Symptom was very high system activity (around 50 %) in app manager.
    Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 11:49 AM
    Homescreen Plus on Passport /w 2480. Had no problems on 2267. On 2480 the battery will last about 6 hours or so, without this app a bit less than 2267 but still a day and a half.
    03-01-15 11:56 AM
    Skype. It's a sneaky battery killer. You'll think it's closed but it likes to run in the background sometimes. Even if you close it in device monitor. It used 50% once overnight. I use an app called task killer to make sure it's closed now.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 01:33 PM
    A corrupted SD Card... My CPU was going non-stop trying to index some corrupted files. Also explained why I was having problems completing a full backup.

Once I removed the SD card, the phone cooled down and battery life resumed to normal with a few hours. Was also able to complete a backup.

I since reformatted my SD card, reloaded my content, and everything is still running great.

Z30 running OS 3.1.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 02:31 PM