Hey Crackberry forumers,

I recently spoke to a buddy of mine at RIM over the phone and I was asking him for some juicy deets, I overheard the new blackberry voice application coming from his bb10 test device, (it wasn't a dev alpha he told me) and it sounds a little nicer than SIRI and can be a little bit more technical.

It seems like blackberry is taking everything people like from other platforms and bettering it and as well adding its own independent innovations. I am not sure if you saw my post of what BB could do with Active Frames, check it out if you like. (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...frames-749755/)

BLACKBERRY BUTLER:
    I thought you know what would be REALLY AWESOME for the branding of blackberry's new voice app, if they called it Blackberry Butler. The voice could also have a british accent so it would be very fun to talk to and listen to.

IBM's Watson
    Also, I had an interview with IBM for a consulting position yesterday and I was showing my interviewer (who was the CTO of one of IBM's business lines) the dev alpha and its performance. He was pretty amazed at it and said he has been following BB10 and is pretty excited to see it next year. Also we started talking about IBM's Watson and I asked him if they were open to licensing it for other companies to use, and he said the management is deliberating on whether that would be a good idea. So naturally being a blackberry lover, I asked would you allow RIM to license it for the logic in the voice application for their new BB10, and he said if the management concludes to license, they would be open to allowing RIM to use it.

What do you guys think of my idea of Blackberry Butler and IBM's super computer that uses a very advanced logic system, built into blackberry butler?

Ash
    Masahiro likes this.
    10-16-12 07:08 PM
    Just like garvis in the IRON MAN movies lol
    10-17-12 03:39 PM
    BLACKBERRY BUTLER:
    I thought you know what would be REALLY AWESOME for the branding of blackberry's new voice app, if they called it Blackberry Butler. The voice could also have a british accent so it would be very fun to talk to and listen to.
    I lol'd. Anyways, I posted a video a little while ago with BB10's voice command app supposedly in action. Check it out:
    10-18-12 02:53 AM
    I like the name BlackBerry Butler. It gives an understanding of the role the Voice App should play.
    10-18-12 02:36 PM
    british accent would be more than annoying,,, butler = cool name...
    10-28-12 05:54 PM
    Well, the accent would have to be customizable, think about South America, every single country has its own way of talking and pretty much hates how the others talk, I, in example, don't have issues with the Venezuelan, Argentinian or Spanish accent, but I pretty much loathe any of the others xD
    10-28-12 06:03 PM
    Well, the accent would have to be customizable, think about South America, every single country has its own way of talking and pretty much hates how the others talk, I, in example, don't have issues with the Venezuelan, Argentinian or Spanish accent, but I pretty much loathe any of the others xD

agreed,,, maybe a menu & a sub-menu w/ several choices :
    ~BUTLER VOICE~
    male (check here)
    female (check here)
    ~ACCENT~
    english (check here)
    spanish (check here)
    asian (check here)
    stripper (check here)
    10-29-12 10:57 AM