I got my brand new Passport SE one month ago, it's still ok until I have updated the Android Runtime and updated from OS 10.3.2 to 10.3.3.

In this month, my phone was good except the Android Apps problem. It keeps "isn't responding" but I still can use those apps after restarted the system. But after I have found that "Update Android Runtime" could be the solution, I installed it and my nightmare started.

When my phone ran an Android App, its upper part was extremely hot, I didn't experience this temperature before. I found a solution on the internet which is to update the OS to 10.3.3. It's done and the temperature has been dropped significantly but it's still higher than before when I ran those Apps. But it's not the worst, my Android Apps run worse than ever and my battery's life has been shortened too. Here is the before and after of my battery:

BEFORE:
    BlackBerry's updates ruined my Passport SE badly. Please help me.-img_20170228_033606.jpg

AFTER:
    BlackBerry's updates ruined my Passport SE badly. Please help me.-img_20170323_230218.jpg

My battery now can only hold for 18 hours with 93% power? What's going on? Anyone can help me? PLEASE!
    Last edited by truenopaco; 03-23-17 at 11:10 AM.
    03-23-17 10:59 AM
    So you did a clean install of 10.3.3.... and didn't restore any old data?

The updated Android Runtime was only for older versions... did you get that from BBW?
    03-23-17 11:05 AM
    Sorry, I forgot to mention this.

Yes, I did a Security Wipe and restored my old data with BlackBerry Link. I shouldn't restore my phone with BlackBerry Link but manually?

My current OS version is 10.3.3.2163.

I thought it might help, so I have updated the Runtime ......
    03-23-17 11:17 AM
    Security wipe does help.
    You can update your Android Runtime, which I have done. After updating, you should reboot your phone.
    I personally don't back up and restore any data. I think it kinda messes up my phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 12:13 PM
    That doesn't sound right. 10.3.3 doesn't need additional Android patches. You probably ended up rolling back some fixes.

I have Passport SE with 10.3.3 updates and it runs just fine with Android apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-23-17 04:16 PM
    That doesn't sound right. 10.3.3 doesn't need additional Android patches. You probably ended up rolling back some fixes.

I have Passport SE with 10.3.3 updates and it runs just fine with Android apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Guys, my problem SEEMS to be solved. Thank you for your time.

I wiped my phone again and restored manually without BlackBerry Link. Up to this moment, it seems fine, the phone just got a little bit warm during the Android Apps running. The Battery is fine now.

BUT SCREEN LIFTING, is it normal to a Passport SE which runs Android Apps? And one more question, could we update Android Apps and Google Play Store in BB OS? Thanks
    03-24-17 04:03 AM
    I also have resets with my Passport SE and waiting for an update to solve this problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 06:34 PM
    I did an OTA update from 10.3.2 to 10.3.3 and the experience was just plain awful. It was slightly slower, non-responsive at times & the battery barely got me through the day, but I just put up with it for a week or two.

However, one day Power Tools sound profile changer feature had made it so that I couldn't take my device off of vibrate mode.

I ran an autoloader, and manually restored data (personal files, and in-app backups). I've never been happier with my device.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 11:58 AM
    Guys, my problem SEEMS to be solved. Thank you for your time.

I wiped my phone again and restored manually without BlackBerry Link. Up to this moment, it seems fine, the phone just got a little bit warm during the Android Apps running. The Battery is fine now.

BUT SCREEN LIFTING, is it normal to a Passport SE which runs Android Apps? And one more question, could we update Android Apps and Google Play Store in BB OS? Thanks
    There will be no google play store for BlackBerry 10. This is one of the main reasons the priv and subsequent android handsets were released.

As for ScreenLift™ - it's not a Passport unless it's got ScreenLift™

(Caused by a combination of heat, inadequate glue, and chassis bending.)

Posted via CB10
    03-30-17 03:10 AM