Check out Windows Phone. All that marketing, yeah? Well, the doctor hunting for a new smartphone needs the HMO's secured patient manager. Two options. Windows Phone ain't one.
    Wouldn't that be better suited for a laptop or tablet, which in that case, Windows would be the better choice?
    09-30-15 11:23 PM
    Wouldn't that be better suited for a laptop or tablet, which in that case, Windows would be the better choice?
    This specific friend uses an iPad with a special patient care app made for that institution.

To your point though, I hear that they are beginning to deploy Surfaces.
    09-30-15 11:35 PM
    I don't equate apps with productivity. In fact, it's just the opposite.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and the1 like this.
    09-30-15 11:41 PM
    I don't equate apps with productivity. In fact, it's just the opposite.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting, since a smartphone is all but defined by apps, including the celebrated browser AND the app you used to post that LOL!

All in one's perspective. I don't see how apps can do anything but enhance one's productivity, but this is the internet after all...

Thankfully, BlackBerry is a bit more realistic, and hopefully BB10 can survive in some form.
    the1 likes this.
    10-01-15 12:33 AM
    Interesting, since a smartphone is all but defined by apps, including the celebrated browser AND the app you used to post that LOL!

All in one's perspective. I don't see how apps can do anything but enhance one's productivity, but this is the internet after all...

Thankfully, BlackBerry is a bit more realistic, and hopefully BB10 can survive in some form.
    I agree with both you and MarkMall. Think about it like this; most of the apps that people scream for on this site has NOTHING to do with productivity. (consumption and productivity are 2 different things) but some apps serve its purpose, such as the browser, Hub, etc. It is only one app that I believe I NEED and none of the Mobile OS that I will use has it (Windows Phone doesn't have Jabber because of the OS and not Cisco wanting to make the app. I personally think that they are forcing us into Skype for Business..lol)
    10-01-15 12:46 AM
    I agree with both you and MarkMall. Think about it like this; most of the apps that people scream for on this site has NOTHING to do with productivity. (consumption and productivity are 2 different things) but some apps serve its purpose, such as the browser, Hub, etc. It is only one app that I believe I NEED and none of the Mobile OS that I will use has it (Windows Phone doesn't have Jabber because of the OS and not Cisco wanting to make the app. I personally think that they are forcing us into Skype for Business..lol)
    Fair. I see your point. But let's focus on productivity only then.

For my job, I need access to 4 apps. I use these to manage a staff, publish reports and disseminate crucial information.

Microsoft Office. Google Hangouts. Tasker. Other apps which restrict platform choice.

Even the CEO acknowledges that BlackBerry adoption is stunted because it doesn't have the tools other OSes have. The local banking as-is. The teacher companion apps. Library apps. Emergency tip apps.

But then again, if I pay this much for device, why not expect to use it for consumption as well?

It's illogical to view the lack of an option as a feature.
    10-01-15 01:05 AM
    Thank you, theone. He knew what I meant by "apps." I meant the ones we can't easily run on our phones. Like... snapchat. The ones that have nothing to do with working.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 01:07 AM
    Thank you, theone. He knew what I meant by "apps." I meant the ones we can't easily run on our phones. Like... snapchat. The ones that have nothing to do with working.

Posted via CB10
    I took apps to mean, well, "apps." I thought you said your equated apps with leading to the opposite of productivity. That's a pretty broad brush.

Now, if you're saying that having a device bereft of apps works for you, I can respect that.
    10-01-15 01:20 AM
    Fair. I see your point. But let's focus on productivity only then.

For my job, I need access to 4 apps. I use these to manage a staff, publish reports and disseminate crucial information.

Microsoft Office. Google Hangouts. Tasker. Other apps which restrict platform choice.

Even the CEO acknowledges that BlackBerry adoption is stunted because it doesn't have the tools other OSes have. The local banking as-is. The teacher companion apps. Library apps. Emergency tip apps.

But then again, if I pay this much for device, why not expect to use it for consumption as well?

It's illogical to view the lack of an option as a feature.
    But each person has a different use for their phone.

It is only one app that I feel that I need that neither Windows Mobile or Blackberry offers and that's Cisco Jabber so I understand where you are coming from when it comes to cases where applications are needed and a platform doesn't have them. If I know I have to do legitimate work on the go, I will bring my Venue 11 Pro

But what I was saying is we have people that scream productivity but in the same breath scream for apps that have nothing to do with being productive. Consumption has its place; to be more specific, consumption is the name of the game. I can guarantee that majority of people who purchase iOS and Android devices aren't thinking "gee golly, I can get a lot of work done with this." lol.

But in saying that, I also have to be realistic that I'm obviously not the norm. My life isn't attached to my phone so I can get plenty done without my mobile devices and that is the decision that "I" made, mostly because I care about actual privacy but that's another topic for another day, but each person can use their phone as they please and I believe that they should purchase the phone that fits their need.
    Tre Lawrence and Velocitymj like this.
    10-01-15 01:27 AM
    I think the point is there are consumer and professional apps, both which are lacking. People are getting things done on the other platforms because they do have the medical, engineering, etc. apps they need to be productive. But, some people also want the latest games or apps to follow football, the news, or control their cable systems remotely. And the Amazon store and/or sideloading isn't cutting it for many people.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 10-01-15 at 08:24 AM.
    Troy Tiscareno and Velocitymj like this.
    10-01-15 07:57 AM
    I think the point is there are consumer and professional apps, both which are lacking. People are getting things done on the other platforms because they do have the medical, engineering, etc. apps they need to be productive. But, some people also want the latest games or apps to follow football, the news, or control their cable systems remotely. And the Amazon store and/or sideloading isn't cutting it for many people.

Posted via CB10
    Stop making so much sense! You'll get an infraction from the mods!
    Velocitymj likes this.
    10-01-15 01:15 PM
    Hubris and hesitation, nothing more...
    The above pretty much says it all. Deadly combination in the tech world.
    Cheers, jeff

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 06:34 PM
    Azum4u, you are correct. They failed in marketing. This apps thing is an excuse. Most working people only need a couple of apps and can use the browser if necessary.

You can't sell if people don't know your product exists.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not an app person or gamer and I agree with you, in that I believe that Chen is fishing for an answer. But your statement isn't entirely true.
    I have a couple of business apps and they take forever to launch or they freeze up. Two in particular are Invoice2Go and Square Register.
    It's embarrassing standing there with a customer waiting for an app to load and then have it freeze up in the middle of a transaction.
    I use an iPhone now for those apps because I can rely on it and the Q10 I can't.
    I also use the iPhone in case I need to look up something in my Calendar from beyond the last 29 days. Can't do that with the OS10 BlackBerry Calendar (but I can on the Bold and a lot more than that too).
    There are also important apps for audio acoustics that can't be installed on a BlackBerry OS10 device that I can use on the iPhone.
    There are a lot of problems with OS10 and the iPhone has mitigated the liability that comes with my desire to keep using my BlackBerry.
    It sucks but it's true.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 10-01-15 at 10:59 PM.
    10-01-15 10:38 PM
    Follow this review of BlackBerry Priv at
    Grahamcluey website

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 04:49 AM
    I want an all touch device with a fantastic camera and an app ecosystem. BlackBerry does not make this device.

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj likes this.
    10-02-15 05:09 AM
40 12