I just cant help making this post. I just finished seeing another Samsung advert on tv. Earlier i have seen Iphone adverts too. but guess what, in the last 3 years, i can not remember seeing a single Blackberry advert on tv. Not even 1. I live in Canada and i am not making this up.

Now tell me, why wont Samsung and co sell better than Blackberry. Honestly it is my believe that if Blackberry had spent a quarter of the money spent in making Priv, the android phone, they will have a greater share of the market than the Android phone can ever give them. I say this because when i demo the various features of BB10 on my Classic to my friends, they aare all amazed. And complain of never seeing a Blackberry advert on tv.

I hope they are reading this.
    daniel337, acovey and Velocitymj like this.
    09-26-15 04:56 PM
    it's already too late anyway for this kind of thoughts and i'm sure they have people working in marketing dept
    09-26-15 05:15 PM
    I just cant help making this post. I just finished seeing another Samsung advert on tv. Earlier i have seen Iphone adverts too. but guess what, in the last 3 years, i can not remember seeing a single Blackberry advert on tv. Not even 1. I live in Canada and i am not making this up.

Now tell me, why wont Samsung and co sell better than Blackberry. Honestly it is my believe that if Blackberry had spent a quarter of the money spent in making Priv, the android phone, they will have a greater share of the market than the Android phone can ever give them. I say this because when i demo the various features of BB10 on my Classic to my friends, they aare all amazed. And complain of never seeing a Blackberry advert on tv.

I hope they are reading this.
    Your friends are amazed, but how many switched over to BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 05:51 PM
    Your friends are amazed, but how many switched over to BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    And this is the sad truth.
    09-26-15 05:56 PM
    Yeah. Wasn't trying to be smarty pants. Has been my experience too.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 06:02 PM
    Demo to friends the wonders of the OS and the truly great UI. But does the demo last long enough to demonstrate applications especially the popular ones that will allow them to chat, socialize, bank, check their health activity, etc., etc.?

Yup, Figured as much.
    09-26-15 06:24 PM
    I tried showing a family member the OS. After 2 minutes, he and others started making fun of me and asked if I was a BlackBerry salesperson. They then explained how they would never drop Apple since they can share and control what their kids use and coordinate everything together--phones, iPads, TV, and computers. Was hard to argue with that.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 06:44 PM
    As long as Chen's wife makes the move to the Priv, he's done God's work as far as I'm concerned. I recall him saying his wife had a Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 07:14 PM
    Who's wife doesn't lol? Mine loves her Galaxy.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 08:38 PM
    BlackBerry's problem is itself? Imagine if the problem was taken care of, then there would be no more BlackBerry!

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    09-26-15 08:48 PM
    For the average consumer there is no product to advertise. Not at this point. BlackBerry has even said it in saying that -- without the apps they can't sell BlackBerry 10 phones in volume.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-26-15 09:34 PM
    Samsung and Iphone are simply playing on the human psychic which says "the more one gets to hear sumthing the more one tend to believe it." Honestly there's nothing fantastic about these phones. They are just over rated. If you guys doubt me, ask your friends who owns any of these phones why they do and you'll be surprised at their answers.
    I am an IT consultant and I have lost count how many times I have proved the fallacy of these phones to my friends who own them. Don't get me wrong, BlackBerry 10 is not perfect, but tell me one thing that's perfect in this world. It's in marketing that BlackBerry dropped the ball big time.
    It's not as if there are not many things to market with regards to BlackBerry. Off my heard I can list the following: hub, battery life, multi-tasking, security etc as sellable(sp) features of BB10. But no RIMS is wasting time, energy and resources in making an Android phone which I believe will flop. If half of this has been devoted to marketing BlackBerry will have a better share of the mobile market.
    The often said issue with BlackBerry is d lack of apps which to me is over blown. I have over 500apps on my Classic, but I can count one hand how many of these I use on a daily basis. 75% of the apps I have I never used. They are just there simply for that feeling of "I have apps". And I believe most ppl are like me. Before the naysayers come in to attack me, let me state my friends call my phone my "plastic brain". Just to give an idea of how heavy a user I am of my smartphone4s.
    Anyone here remember the story of HTC. This company used to have a very good software built on Windows mobile. All of a sudden they went Android way, the rest they say is history. I pray BlackBerry is not threading same route to oblivion.

And when it does in subsequent years, we will all realise how far ahead of its time BB10 is. Anyone here ever had HTC Tyn 2 called Tilt 2 in North America? That phone to me was the best professional business phone ever made with its array of features which till this day does not exist in any other subsequent phone.

The classic to me it's the best professional phone out there which should b breaking all records in professional use. But then no thanks to BlackBerry it's not.

Posted via CB10 using Classic without a single incident of double typing.
    Last edited by azum4u; 09-29-15 at 10:34 PM.
    daniel337 and acovey like this.
    09-29-15 07:10 PM
    It's supported by fans totally....No need for advertising at all......nowadays.......

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 07:22 PM
    Advertising didn't kill Blackberry...complacency and lack of vision did. You think all the Apple fanboys line up for days because of the "new" (cough) features on the iphones that are advertised? Nope, Apple created a powerful culture and people who want to be part of that culture keep dishing out money and emptying their wallets. Blackberry had no culture. I'm glad they're starting to create one around security, cause in the end, the phone features and demo's of BB10 don't do anything. Phone features don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.
    09-29-15 07:31 PM
    Hubris and hesitation, nothing more...
    09-29-15 09:28 PM
    Azum4u, you are correct. They failed in marketing. This apps thing is an excuse. Most working people only need a couple of apps and can use the browser if necessary.

You can't sell if people don't know your product exists.

Posted via CB10
    daniel337 likes this.
    09-30-15 02:40 AM
    There were BlackBerry fones on the new TV show QUANTICO last night...

Bumpkin
    09-30-15 04:26 PM
    There were BlackBerry fones on the new TV show QUANTICO last night...

Bumpkin
    To further buttress my point. See the link below:

Ready For Our Closeup: BlackBerry?s Latest Hollywood Appearances | Inside BlackBerry

That's an article from Inside Blackberry blog. Now tell me how many outside of here or even here have heard of Inside Blackberry blog site. Or even if they have how many people bother to read that? These are examples of things Samsung and Apple will blow to the rooftops on tv as if the world revolves around them. But no, for blackberry is to hide it in one obscure blog called Blackberry Inside. A case of misplaced priority has never been so obvious.

If you ask me, every one in the marketing department should be fired.
    09-30-15 05:55 PM
    Azum4u, you are correct. They failed in marketing. This apps thing is an excuse. Most working people only need a couple of apps and can use the browser if necessary.

You can't sell if people don't know your product exists.

Posted via CB10
    LOL. No it's not excuse. It's the main issue.

I cannot believe you just said "use the browser." In 2015, no less.

Saying folks need "a couple of apps" shows such a misunderstanding of the consumer landscape.

For kicks, what are these few apps?
    DINGSTER1 and Bbnivende like this.
    09-30-15 08:17 PM
    For the average consumer there is no product to advertise. Not at this point. BlackBerry has even said it in saying that -- without the apps they can't sell BlackBerry 10 phones in volume.

Bingo. It ain't rocket science.
    09-30-15 08:18 PM
    To further buttress my point. See the link below:

Ready For Our Closeup: BlackBerry?s Latest Hollywood Appearances | Inside BlackBerry

That's an article from Inside Blackberry blog. Now tell me how many outside of here or even here have heard of Inside Blackberry blog site. Or even if they have how many people bother to read that? These are examples of things Samsung and Apple will blow to the rooftops on tv as if the world revolves around them. But no, for blackberry is to hide it in one obscure blog called Blackberry Inside. A case of misplaced priority has never been so obvious.

If you ask me, every one in the marketing department should be fired.
    I don't think the big boys are concerned with celebrity usage. And trust me, the Insider blog gets plenty of hits.

Marketing could be better, yes. But, as we armchair decisions on here, take a look at the board. Some of the smartest business minds in the world, with MAJOR pedigree. Even they understand the need to have something to advertise. They understand the app issue.
    09-30-15 08:32 PM
    Every time someone notices my passport, they either say "that's the biggest blackberry I've ever seen", or " I thought BlackBerry went out of business". But they are always impressed. Is this how it must be, word of mouth, one on one? And I'm sure this in no way creates many converts.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 08:46 PM
    Every time someone notices my passport, they either say "that's the biggest blackberry I've ever seen", or " I thought BlackBerry went out of business". But they are always impressed. Is this how it must be, word of mouth, one on one? And I'm sure this in no way creates many converts.

Posted via CB10
    I think word of mouth is way more important than super bowl ads.

In my experience (I work in tech) folks were open-minded towards BB10. It wasn't the unknown some folks think it is. I know a number of folks who bought Z-devices, but couldn't fit them into established workflows

Feedback was the same: incredible OS, non-existent tools.
    09-30-15 09:02 PM
    I use the browser for Uber, and it works great. I can think of one dating app I can't use at the moment. Other than this I've had no limitations, and the trade off is worth it.

Many people over 40 don't need the latest dating apps and would use a BlackBerry -- if they knew it existed.

I wish we could at least agree on this -- if the world never knew BB10 devices existed, BlackBerry had zero chance of succeeding.

The OP is right that BlackBerry could have marketed it as not having the latest dating app but great for productivity. There was a big enough market for these devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 10:23 PM
    I use the browser for Uber, and it works great. I can think of one dating app I can't use at the moment. Other than this I've had no limitations, and the trade off is worth it.

Many people over 40 don't need the latest dating apps and would use a BlackBerry -- if they knew it existed.

I wish we could at least agree on this -- if the world never knew BB10 devices existed, BlackBerry had zero chance of succeeding.

The OP is right that BlackBerry could have marketed it as not having the latest dating app but great for productivity. There was a big enough market for these devices.

Posted via CB10
    Look at it this way: Android and iOS have great browsers. They can be used with or without apps. They have better productivity tools made in a competitive third-party market.

So, for someone with a choice, why get a BB10 device? What does BBRY point to and say "you can do this on only our stuff!"

BB10 was late to the game, which made prying customers away from platforms they were already vested in an impossible task. Remember, if you are late to market, it's not good enough to be "as good as" the competition; one has to be "better than" to compel people to leave.

I'm not saying marketing isn't valuable; in saying that, rightly so, BBRY figured out it has nothing to market. Nothing major enough without a good ecosystem.

Check out Windows Phone. All that marketing, yeah? Well, the doctor hunting for a new smartphone needs the HMO's secured patient manager. Two options. Windows Phone ain't one.

Amazon pulled out the stops in advertising the Fire Phone. How did that end? Fire sale.

Ever wondered why mighty Samsung puts all that money into Android? Why not its own bada, or Tizen? What does Android have that the others don't? Trust me, Samsung isn't using Android because it loves Google.

What BBRY understood a long time ago, even before BB10, is that ecosystem is king. That's why it did the app bounties, and created the runtime, and chased Amazon. You can spend millions on super bowl ads and "Tools, not toys" campaigns, but in the end, it's productivity that counts.

BB10's ultimate issue wasn't a lack of awareness. It's the overall product itself. We have to stop looking at a phone based on only hardware and raw OS.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-30-15 10:55 PM
40 12