Re posting here as well.

I am posting my old post what needs more fixes,

OS overall+Link
    - Blackberry Link sucks big time
    - Battery life and calibration (never mind Z10 was experimental device)
    - Active Frames (total no use as of now, we need some real action on this in form of pinning, widgets and resizable too etc)
    - App world (number of junk apps from S4BB, useful 3rd Party apps, desktop use of BBW(sucks big time))
    - Lock Screen use (since we have a swipe to unlock rather than button unlock, we should have a interactive lock screen)
    - BB10 UI consistency is not great. Some apps have settings tab in 3 dots more option and some have in swipe down menu.
    - BB10 UI beautification, quite far, it needs a lot of improvement.(even so far in 10.3, color needs to be more classy and beautiful)
    - BB Z10 STL100-1 supports FM, Wifi Direct and Miracast, please enable them since you are now selling Z10 as the least expensive device and mostly in emerging markets
    - BIS as optional service, but I remember that someone in the forum had said that technically it is not possible to BIS in BB10.
    - Keyboard is great, we need to make it more great. 10.3.0.700 keyboard is very cheap looking. Predictions as well as learning needs to be more fine tuned.
    - Radio files(one of the most inconsistent files, we need to improve this)

Native Apps
    - BBM (desktop and on windows phone) unless this happens, it is not a big deal. Also Group Chat feature is no where near whatsapp. It needs to be up on priority. also BBM channel needs a desktop site as well as more open for type of posts etc. And have API to visit them from anywhere including desktop.
    - Camera app ( sucks big time especially after 10.2.1 and in dark conditions, it is useless(10.3 also) and also very less options to select(RAW, HDR+,Blur,ISO etc all missing)
    - Maps (we say we are for enterprise, Maps are quite important but they seem to be missing totally as no support for offline, and UI also isn't that great)
    - Facebook App(cant even load up to date feeds properly) - A lot of update is required in this space.
    - Phone App and Contact App needs more UI update as well T9 keyboard support with more open APIs to have apps on this side.
    - Native development (pay developers at least for enterprise apps like office, Skype, messengers, etc)
    - Notification for cloud apps(as of now they are static and don't run in background)
    - Picture editor needs more filters, blur etc effects and also open this side API for developers to use.
    - Browser UI - Its fast but a heavy app and also it has a very poor UI without any sync for bookmarks from various other browsers
    - Social Feeds app, Call block app etc from BBOS are a must
    - office apps : we need something really good if not Microsoft office. Docs to go isn't going answer.

Android Integration
    - Android App data its a big task to save android app data and restore it. we need to have a app for this.
    - GSF and GPlay. (Nothing in your hand as such but there are always workarounds for them to work)
    - Android Runtime, is for sure not the smoothest and also it is not integrated well
    - Android Account Integration, Apps that need social login can be allowed to use native ones to login, sync progress and as well all that social analytics part.
    - Multi tasking on android apps is difficult as of now
    - Share Framework V2 freezes in most apps at first place. It resumes once an app is minimized and opened again.
    - Android Runtime support needs to be pushed to 4.4.2 with ART if possible.(Since we are full blown going to Android, its a must)
    (if ART is possible for BB10, a lot of issue on launch time should be addressed as well as battery problem also).
    - Android app notification has improved greatly in 10.3 but still it doesn't look good and handle things well.

Hope he reads and realize that still a lot of work is pending to be at a good level to think of new features rather playing catch up or UI enhancements.

Please don't try to justify these all. Improvement is necessary if we are looking at average plug and play consumer.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    07-08-14 02:21 AM
    Thx for the list
    I'd love to see constructive feedback on BlackBerry Link "sucks big time" is kinda.... no idea what's wrong.
    Mine works fine, but I've always been lucky in terms of software... being a developer, I have a very positive aura for things like that

What really bugs me is startup duration of Link on my old backup pc.
    jtv1 likes this.
    07-08-14 02:39 AM
    Thx for the list
    I'd love to see constructive feedback on BlackBerry Link "sucks big time" is kinda.... no idea what's wrong.
    Mine works fine, but I've always been lucky in terms of software... being a developer, I have a very positive aura for things like that

Thanks for appreciating.

For BlackBerry Link, it is startup time, connecting time, backup and restore time, setting it up remote access is little tricky since some settings also need to be done in phone.

Also I forgot to mention that for link to go beyond the conv conventional concept, blend should be coming. That's my guess.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 04:10 AM
    Definitely

jtvberry
    07-08-14 04:42 AM
    Thx for the list

Thanks for appreciating.

For BlackBerry Link, it is startup time, connecting time, backup and restore time, setting it up remote access is little tricky since some settings also need to be done in phone.

Also I forgot to mention that for link to go beyond the conv conventional concept, blend should be coming. That's my guess.

Posted via CB10
    tbh i don't know what department that makes link but i will definitely give a few notes on it
    07-08-14 11:28 AM
    Please fix FM radio in music app so that it can scan for stations without needing a data plan. Scan is scan. No location info should be required. What's with the data requirement? Or, at least allow for a manual input if a local frequency is known. My radio was completely useless when traveling due to this. May as well had an iPhone. My berry is better than that.
    Old BB07 Curve had no problem scanning.
    jtv1 likes this.
    07-08-14 12:24 PM
    Yes, just like the torch was added, I really thought a radio would of come next.

I bought my TuneIn on my BBOS7 Torch 9800, then I upgraded to my BBZ10.

I begged TuneIn to quickly add their application to our OS10 and I have had the free version for a year till about two to three weeks ago.

Sadly, I had to pay again, and to Amazon, so I presume that is an android products.

The cookie shouldn't crumble like that.

jtvberry
    07-08-14 01:53 PM
    So, did this meeting take place? If so, how did it go?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 03:49 PM
    So, did this meeting take place? If so, how did it go?

Posted via CB10
    15th 2 days

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 and endevour like this.
    07-13-14 06:17 PM
    15th 2 days

Posted via CB10
    So today is the day? Good luck! Looking forward to your feedback
    07-16-14 01:48 AM
    The sun is shining Hot over here. I hope it's shining over you on your travels for good news :-)

jtvberry
    07-16-14 04:16 AM
    The meeting went good: we mostly talked about opening APIs, core app app integration and core productivity apps.

Opening APIs - more coming in 10.3.1 which will be good for devs.
    Core: app integration/productivity apps: will all have new features by 10.3 release. He wouldn't tell me what exactly but they are all being looked at.
    Blend will be stepping in for bridge.

I only had 1 hour and weren't blazing through things more of a conversation so I couldn't get all that i would like but those are the 3 main issues in BB10 OS and I just got the typical it's coming.
    He (main guy) took my sheets from me that I brought, so hopefully he reads it. My buddy said he most likely will after work (last night). He said he would be glad to talk to me again so hopefully I can get 1 on 1 conversations every once in a while to see what's up.
    This would be good because I was talking to 3 people and with all the people in the room we did get off topic a bit.

I'll be waiting for another email. Sorry it's not as juicy as I wanted it to be but 1 hour, 4 people talking was really hard to get down to talking about certain points.
    jtv1, Vorkosigan, dibbis and 2 others like this.
    07-16-14 10:15 AM
    No Khahl

That's fantastic news and knowing some direct customers feedback can be brought in from a rep, shows our CEOs would are concerned by taking this approach.

Yes, the time is short, it always is and always will be, but at least our CEOs their will be customers backing BB.

Planting the seeds of growth, has to start somewhere. Now it's watching it grow with nurture.

jtvberry
    anon(5818411) and Jus incase like this.
    07-16-14 11:07 AM
    Also needs screen auto dim control. Need to be able to turn off auto dim

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-18-14 07:36 PM
    Also needs screen auto dim control. Need to be able to turn off auto dim

Posted via CrackBerry App
    'Need' is a strong word without explaining the benefit (and a valid one). I certainly think "want" is more applicable in your case.

The screen dimming helps to tell you when the screen is going to timeout. Its a warning so if you are still reading something, you can touch the screen to prevent that. If auto dim was turned off, you might be shocked by the constantly going to black screen 'unexpectedly'. You might think its not working.

From a QA point of view, if you really want something implemented, you have to:
    - Show how it will help (why would we do this?)
    - Show how it won't impact other things (don't want to break existing functionality or this creates even more work)
    - Show how it will generate revenue (why spend development and QA cycles on this?)

The third one is what usually guides priorities.
    07-18-14 09:06 PM
    Everything in this OS seems half a**ed
    • A nice podcast player, that supports chapter artwork, supports "chapters" and doesn't treat podcasts as just music files.
    • A music player that doesn't just give you a list of all the audio files on your phone including ringtones.
    • FULL push email support not this half baked recieve only. When I read a message on my Blackberry I expect it to be marked AS read on the server right away.
    • Push support for calendar it should be insta sync'd if I make changes on either the server OR my Blackberry
    • Blackberry Travel, let me choose which calendar it puts my reservations don't just randomly pick my work calendar.
    • Let me re-map my sent, delete, draft folders in the email client... instead of randomly creating new ones.
    • Transit data in Blackberry Maps, or just beg Google or Microsoft for a native maps app.
    • Make it easier to filter meeting by calendar it's buried right now in "Manage" maybe even the ability to "group" calendars in a view for example if I have multiple "work" calendars like a shared work and private work it would be cool to group those in a view.
    • BBM the ability to use Stickers I purchased in "group chat"
    • BBM jumping between contacts and group chat is confusing, it's nice that all images are stored in a folder but navigating that is confusing.
    • BBM cross platform video chat.
    • BBM Integrate weather into hub or home/lock screen. It would be nice if your Blackberry told warned you of rain before you head out in the morning instead of you having to check.
    07-19-14 11:54 AM
    Talking about core apps...apps like BBM can not be deleted, but I am having notification issues and all of that...how do you flash or downgrade BBM to a lower version? I am hoping the reinstall of the older OS would fix the BBM issue. How do you delete BBM (since you can't on Chrome Manager).
    07-23-14 10:48 AM
    Alright guys I'm meeting up with BlackBerry's Product Information Development Team here in Waterloo next month. I'm stokeddd I am compiling lists of what I should talk about since i have 1 hour. I'm not sure if they will listen to me about any recommendation I ask for but I'm going to open my mouth for sure.

This thread I will be compiling a list and taking other people's requests. I will list some threads I made underneath which I will also be bringing up at the meeting.

Tell me what you want and I will add it to the lists!!! Right Now i'm just listing all the Core apps which needs work. Yes, ALL of the Core OS apps needs works. They are all incomplete/lacking many features

BB maps:
    - amazing turn my turn but it needs POI (the work around with Driveopedia and Foursquare works amazing but needs to be implemented into BB Maps some how).
    - Offline Support.
    -Better Traffic like BlackBerry Traffic
    They seem to be fixing it a bit with the help of Yelp with reviews and POI so I'll definitely talk to them about that

BlackBerry Protect is useless now unless you lost your phone.
    - needs the back up and restore to cloud option like before

Remember needs to sync with Outlook and Google Notes, maybe even OneNote DIRECTLY.

Facebook and Twitter need so much work so i will leave this off to the side for now. But feel feel to list your requests

Documents To Go: BlackBerry's version of Docs2go is featureLESS compared to any other OS.

Print To Go needs to be fully wireless printing like google print and air print

File Manager: Slow to load Cloud services pictures even on LTE. Needs more Cloud services.
    - it's not 100% reliable to sync to my computer. I'm always guessing before i open it. it works 90% of the time though.
    - I have a friend that can't sync her Z30 to her Macbook at all, I've tried as many ways as I could.

Voice Control/Universal Search (now Intelligent Assistant) needs to be more of a personal assistant like (Contana and Google NOW [Siri is also lacking like BB10 but who knows with iOS8]).
    - Features from EasilyDo need to be Incorporated since this is a business/productivity phone. Or at least should be.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...easilydo&hl=en

Story Maker: Way too plain and needs to have better customization. There is nothing Special about it unlike Nokias and Sonys. (can't think of the names if you guys can let me know)
    - Nokia Story teller http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ca/st...8-16b7ad872dd2

Contacts: Don't even get me started on contacts. Well I'll just name a few
    - sometimes no names in my caller ID show up only the number
    - duplicate contacts
    - missing contacts that re appear sometimes or I have to BBM the person to ask
    - "Linking Contacts" adds the same number under the old one so some people i have like 5 of the same numbers
    - No perfect Gmail/Outlook sync that should sync all Contacts, Calendars and Notes. (BBOS could handle Calendars and Contacts seamlessly)
    - When you "Link a Contact's" number to a Facebook contact and then you backup and restore. Sometimes you lose that contact's number on the restore.
    TBH you need to tell BlackBerry on "Beta Zone"
    https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/threads/view/23178

Link: can't even automatically sync to SD card

Calendar/Email:
    - No seamless solution to sync with Gmail and Outlook, the 2 most used emails.
    - Calendar multiple reminders. Very basic functionality and SMS is too (.700 sdk sms got much better).

BlackBerry App World is a cluttered mess

YouTube is just a wrapped up HTML5 site for a widely used app/site it needs more work

HUB
    - Not even a dark themed HUB to go with the rest of the OS.
    - Accompli is ripping features off it and making it better soo it should be getting updated in 10.3 not just the UI change like we have now

Beta Zone
    - Downloads Tab is insanely slow.
    - No push notifications (my discussions and downloads need to be pushed)

Express can't even support PowerPoint so what's the point of it?

Bridge not fully functional, hoping blend will fix this

BBM
    - BBM groups is terrible, messages are always getting mixed up and i get notifcations for already read messages
    - BBOS this was never a problem. This app definitely isn't anywhere close to being as reliable as BBOS.

Everything in this OS seems half a**ed

Note: The reason why I'm so hard on BlackBerry with this stuff is because this is supposed to be a business/enterprise, Utility and Productivity phone. They have been saying iPhone has been a toy for years and really it has more tools then BB does. iOS8 will bring the same experience like interconnected app activity and Bridge like function called Handover but is better.The Only thing they will have missing is the HUB but they have a Email like alternative called Accompli

Features from BBOS are STILL missing with 7 big updates (10.0.9, 10.1, 10.1 MR, 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.2.1 Bug Fix maybe MR). Dropping huge apps like Berry News (RSS feeds forgot what it's called), Traffic and etc.

BlackBerry needs to have a serious beta program. They should get 10 devs or more and spend a week-month per in house BB10 app. Read and take in all the ideas in Beta Zone. Create a super BB10 app then move to the next. They need to stop dragging their feet with these tiny updates once every 6 months.

Look how good Nemory is. He can bust out an app 1-2 months almost fully featured and he is: by himself, 3rd party dev that probably doesn't work on his apps 40 hours a week. These are NEW apps not just bug fixes and UI changes.
    I really need a select all option in file manager!!!!!!!!

Q10!
    07-23-14 12:11 PM
    You didn't really need to quote the whole post.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) and howards like this.
    07-23-14 06:23 PM

Q10!
    Slideshow would be cool too

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 08:53 PM
    Good stuff in here, hope BlackBerry working on it

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 09:27 AM
    My bad. Happens sometimes

Q10!
    07-25-14 03:46 PM
    Thx for the list

Remote drive sharing doesn't work on OS X without turning off the system firewall. Which is a no go.

Backups take forever to complete.

Contact sync is unreliable, we're talking about syncing desktop contact. Something that my old Palm VX did fine. Sometimes fields don't get transfered. I've resorted to exporting my contacts transferring the vcard file and using a third party app on my Q10 to sync it for me

Wifi sync again unreliable.

Posted via my Q10
    08-01-14 08:13 PM
    I would love the BlackBerry 10 browser to have the ability to play WEBM videos without having to download them first and then opened with an alternative Android app.
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-01-14 09:08 PM
    Hmm well said. BBRY must compete on the business battle field otherwise will die quickly. I like BBRY and I would improve the business functions and tools ASAP. Namely HUB, Remember, Protect, Contacts and Calendar. Then integration with OneDrive, OneNote etc. Well. Bye. Ivan

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    10-10-14 04:05 AM
125 ... 345