For Blackerry Protect - can't we have a feature to actually lock out the phone similar to iOS. The phone is rendered unusable until it's deactivated by the original user.
    that feature already exists

https://protect.blackberry.com/
    06-26-14 01:17 AM
    that feature already exists

https://protect.blackberry.com/
    Not password lock. I mean render it something like Stolen Mode. Cannot connect to BlackBerry Servers until original user "unlocks" it. And we'll, if the phone can't connect to BlackBerry servers, it's good as useless.

Q10 | Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3247 | Globe PH
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    06-26-14 01:23 AM
    This has been addressed before: you can have your device PIN-locked through your carrier/BB. Every PIN is unique and locked to a device, so that leads to the same result you mention, nothing can be done with the device after that.
    Sure it may not be as easy, but in a way it is more thorough and much harder (impossible) to get around by going through your carrier for this. That is probably why they do not give that option to do it yourself, extra certainty/security.
    Not password lock. I mean render it something like Stolen Mode. Cannot connect to BlackBerry Servers until original user "unlocks" it. And we'll, if the phone can't connect to BlackBerry servers, it's good as useless.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    06-26-14 01:28 AM
    lol. I think already they must have tons of info via betazone, icanmakeitbetter and crackberry if somebody watches crackberry forums. Nevertheless, since you are trying for Core apps, best of luck.

I think you should talk about bugs as well as features separated specifically.

On bugs, I would prioritize them like
    1. Contact app - You know the list is exhaustive, but let them at least release a good documentation on its features.
    2. Remember - repetitive task reminders. Like repetitive appointment in calendar.
    3. Browser - Let it upload/download other browser bookmarks
    4. Make the settings app more meaningful. Group them under proper headings, give the ability to sort them alphabetically, and ya, give some help info when we select an action.
    5. Totally revamp the Link.

On features
    1. Why not integrate Calender/Remember in to Hub itself? As a tab in Hub along with facebook and twitter, that gives me a more convenient way to look in to all the info in toto.
    2. Make locked screen info in to more informative one like showing graphically the next 24 hrs from calender, including appointments and tasks, missed tasks, time-date-weather info, key system notifications and warnings. Make BB10 most productive even without unlocking. That makes sense.
    06-26-14 01:55 AM
    Oh did I mention the Currency symbol? That should definitely be mentioned: the default currency symbol should change depending on your region. Or be able to be changed manually like on legacy devices.

It makes no sense for the world outside of CAN/US to be forced to do an extra step to get to your local symbol. Being enterprise focused and all...

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Banco and anon(5818411) like this.
    06-26-14 02:23 AM
    Supa_Fly1 kindly grab your hands on youtube app on iphone. The overall experience is so much faster and better (better caching too ) than browsing the youtube mobile site.
    Please plase don't make this a non-issue because it is!

Browser
    - switch to mobile/desktop mode from overflow menu (similar to android)
    - load adobe flash plugin on demand (similar to android)
    - keep history per tab even on browser close or tab reload (similar to ios)
    - improve memory management (inactive tabs are being cleared from memory)
    - optimize cpu usage
    - instant forward and backward when moving from history in a tab (same as ios)

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 02:41 AM
    • PGP + S/MIME encryption for all email accounts
    • Encryption in the file manager (especially needed for cloud files)
    • Add multiple work accounts (BES) on one device
    • Forward as attachment
    • Granular Android app permissions
    • Mock data for apps permissions (native+android)
    • Different email flags (quickly added via qwerty shortcuts)
    • Multi-touch select in the Hub
    • Move notes between accounts in Remember
    • Encrypted notes support in Remember
    • Interactive script blocker in the browser
    • Extension framework in the browser (just use the Firefox or Chromium one so that we have access to already available extensions)
    anon(5818411) and cbosdell like this.
    06-26-14 06:21 AM
    This has been addressed before: you can have your device PIN-locked through your carrier/BB. Every PIN is unique and locked to a device, so that leads to the same result you mention, nothing can be done with the device after that.
    Sure it may not be as easy, but in a way it is more thorough and much harder (impossible) to get around by going through your carrier for this. That is probably why they do not give that option to do it yourself, extra certainty/security.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    IMHO the problem arises on Factory-unlocked phones. If the phone is carrier-provisioned then it makes sense. But what about sold at stores that are unlocked from the start?

Q10 | Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3247 | Globe PH
    06-26-14 07:09 AM
    @ofutur

Always about the security eh? I love it haha

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-26-14 09:33 AM
    The "pictures " app needs work. 2 biggest issues I have apart from the delay in displaying pictures properly when swiping through pix are
    1) when we long press on a pic the option to "select" more is all the way at the bottom just next to delete. It would make more sense to have this as one you see 1st given the option to "set as" and "share" are always shown (on 10.3) no need to long press.

2) why are videos in the "pictures app given there is "videos" app!?

3) also there is no option in the "camera " folder to show most recent pix first. Have to scroll through years if pix in my case to find the pic I took 2 days ago.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    06-26-14 04:35 PM
    1. Email - grey out last email accessed so you can more easily find the email you are looking for.

2. Remember - more folder sort/display options. Now only 9 fits on the screen and can not be sorted. No sub folders. Need share option to easily share via email etc. Ability to embed pictures in the text rather than just adding them at the end of the entry. There is also a font/word wrap problem when you rotate to landscape and back to portrait. App should be accessible in the hub.

3. Calendar - dealing with appointments need work. Now they can only be deferred 30min each. If you have say 6 upcoming/due appointments you must defer each individually before you can use the phone - even if you are on a call where you can't hand up before closing them. I would like a snooze all option plus max snooze time higher than 30 minutes.

4. Keyboard - you can bring up alternative letters with a long press, but not numbers and often used symbols - this is a major usage irritant when for instance entering postal codes.

5. Ability to print to a network/wifi printer would be great.

6. Browser - better bookmark options.

Z30)++
    06-26-14 08:03 PM
    not even Chen is making the right moves look at the price of the Z3 in India. It`s going to be just as much at the Z10 with no LTE and cheaper hardware. How does that make sense?

Like wtf is the guy thinking..

Since he is a so called "software" guy then he needs to start at the ground up starting with the half as*ed core apps but I haven't seen a core app updated in months other then BBM.
    Just 10 full time people, adding features to core apps and updating 1 app weekly would keep me happy.

What is BlackBerry Sweden currently doing?

In 10.3 all i'm seeing is UI enhancements and little features.. (it's unfinished but still)
    We haven't even seen most of the core apps of 10.3 since their last appearance was on 10.3.0.296.. I'm sure they're working on them (music, pictures, adobe reader, docs2go and so on)

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    06-26-14 08:32 PM
    Honestly I find Story Maker wonderful, it's amazing and simple. More options would be great I guess but for the average user it needs to remain nice and simple.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 08:36 PM
    Facebook a complete joke compared to our competitors (Like iOS and Android)

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 08:39 PM
    Copying and pasting what a fellow BB member complained about for Link.

guys,
    So the title says it all. I have a Z10 and backing it up regularly. Today I had to restore and none of my pictures that I had on my sd card were restored.
    Does the link actually backing up the sd card or do I have to do it manually, or is there any other way how to do that?

----------------------------------------------
    Probably could share that persons experience regarding the lack of backing up information on the SD card using Link.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-26-14 08:59 PM
    I am confused by the Outlook/Remember syncing. I use the desktop version of Outlook 2010 which works through my work's exchange server. My Tasks in Outlook are synced in Remember just using EAS and not even BES. As for Outlook.com, it also syncs via EAS. I only do my email but it works fine most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 09:01 PM
    Honestly I find Story Maker wonderful, it's amazing and simple. More options would be great I guess but for the average user it needs to remain nice and simple.

Posted via CB10
    In 10.3 I actually like that in the picture app it has premade stories based on the same location usong geotagging.

I was very suprised that blackberry implemented that feature actually

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 10:21 PM
    I am confused by the Outlook/Remember syncing. I use the desktop version of Outlook 2010 which works through my work's exchange server. My Tasks in Outlook are synced in Remember just using EAS and not even BES. As for Outlook.com, it also syncs via EAS. I only do my email but it works fine most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    Desktop outlook has issues but the web based works completely fine.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 10:22 PM
    Copying and pasting what a fellow BB member complained about for Link.

guys,
    So the title says it all. I have a Z10 and backing it up regularly. Today I had to restore and none of my pictures that I had on my sd card were restored.
    Does the link actually backing up the sd card or do I have to do it manually, or is there any other way how to do that?

----------------------------------------------
    Probably could share that persons experience regarding the lack of backing up information on the SD card using Link.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    Link does not back up sd card. I can't see a reason why it would have to anyways.

You can go to ny computer then go to thesd card then copy and paste the folders if want to back them up.

Ive actually been taking taking out my sd card to put my musoc on it since link doesnt let you choose to sync to sd card. The only issue with that is I don't know how to make that. M3u playlist type folder so I have to manually do it on my phone.
    Or I use file manager and copy and paste it onto my sd card frpm my computer.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 10:23 PM
    I just want one simple request:

To be able to swipe/peek back to previous page in browser - without hitting that back button. Kind of like Safari does on Mac OS.

If this was available, I wouldn't feel the need to open every link in a new tab which of course would be more efficient for the OS and browser.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 11:59 PM
    What about adding some in house socmed apps : path, instagram, etc

BlackBerry please put more devs to fix these little thingies.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 01:00 AM
    OP - can I make a suggestion?

The suggestions you make are good, but I'd be extremely careful about how you approach the development team if you want them to listen.

Think about it: if someone came to you, and started ranting and raving about how "Everything in this OS seems half a**ed", most people naturally get defensive or tune out because they feel they're being attacked. If you take the approach that some have here about how "everything is awful in every way, all the time and under every circumstance", you'll likely get nowhere except to be viewed like a ranter.

Instead, I'd recommend a subtler approach. Talk about what you like about each app (and yes, I know you'll have to dig for some things like Link), talk about improvements you'd like to see that would help you or things you've really liked on other platforms and why you like them. Then also get into some areas where you'd stalled because of defects, usability. Don't dictate a solution but perhaps offer suggestions.

It's an art, but trust me ... if you go into a meeting with a bunch of proud engineers and start yelling at them about how everything is crap, you're going to get nowhere.
    06-27-14 06:56 AM
    Facebook a complete joke compared to our competitors (Like iOS and Android)
    I use Facebook all the time on all three and I honestly don't get this glorious "feed the hungry children" experience on iOS/Android and "it shall take years off your life" experience with BlackBerry 10. They all seem to work generally the same for me.
    06-27-14 06:59 AM
    there's a big misunderstanding about what the "Product Information Development" team at BlackBerry does. They are the team that is responsible for writing all documentation at BlackBerry. This ranges from the product warranty and warnings found in the box to the developer api documentation found online. They have absolutely no say or input in which features are added, bugs are fixes or anything on the device beyond the help articles.

The feedback in this thread is valuable information for BlackBerry to see, but the OP is sadly mistaken if he feels his meeting will result in anything more than some BB employees empathizing with him.
    06-27-14 07:23 AM
    That may very well be the case, but aside from one or two moderators in the Beta Zone there is hardly a place left for direct feedback.

So I hope at least a portion of what comes to that team makes it back to the appropriate channels.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    06-27-14 09:59 AM
125 12345