App world is a cluttered mess? This is definitely a geeky techy nerd rant.

The only truly major issue I agree on are the contacts issues. I am able to fix my issues but most won't and it would be quite frustrating.

Other items like custom led color profiles would be nice to have bit it's not rage inducing.
    06-25-14 04:16 PM
    Yea but you can get the z3 at 200 with no contract and it is new. Go by a new iPhone out of contract and see what you pay.
    06-25-14 04:33 PM
    i definitely want bbm and messages like quick reply notifications in facebook and google talk. other than that i have no problems with apps other than contacts
    06-25-14 04:48 PM
    Blackberry Protect! I hate Link I don't want to use my laptop or 3rd party app to backup my calendar, contacts and remembers etc. Just want the old Protect back that backups every day!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 04:58 PM
    If you go into the meeting with all those points, I think you will not get a good response.

Keep it shorter and more to the point. Have specific use cases. I have no idea what is meant by no sync with Gmail and outlook. One is a mail service and one is an app.

Bugs fixes are not feature requests.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 04:59 PM
    Would be nice to remind them of all the stuff people posted and commented on https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/nextgen/ideas
    I think they are already compiling lots of feedback into their future releases!

Posted via CB10
    actually I completely forgot about that site. I will ask them whats up with it, ask to compare it to beta zone and who looks at it exactly.
    endevour likes this.
    06-25-14 05:19 PM
    Hub:

* No Native / Built-in PGP/GPG Support without BES.
    * Need Full Interactions for Encoding/Decoding my eMails as I send and receive them. Since 14 Months, I can't read my eMails on this Device -.-

But hey my Contract ends April next Year so I am glad I can switch to a Device which finally allows me to read my eMails.

Telephony / Contacts:
    * Built-in Black-/Whitelist to Block specific Numbers (Marketing Spammer, Stalker etc.)

Via CB10 App / [email protected]+296 Hybrid
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    06-25-14 05:24 PM
    App world is a cluttered mess? This is definitely a geeky techy nerd rant.

The only truly major issue I agree on are the contacts issues. I am able to fix my issues but most won't and it would be quite frustrating.

Other items like custom led color profiles would be nice to have bit it's not rage inducing.
    If you were a developer you would know. Its almost impossible to find useful app unless you type in the exact name. In google play and itunes you can do a search that is kind of close and it will get it.

I bet if you search tumblr it won't show all "tumblr clients" even if it's in the name or description. Or the good cleints will be at the bottom and the garbage is at the top.

or type flickr.

or type "app for" 99% of those are generated apps that take your money. Crackberrians know not to buy them but someone new to BB10 won't.

should i go on? BlackBerry only cared about quantity (# of) apps in BB world they couldn't give two sh*ts about quality which is what got them into that mess.There was no problem on BBworld for BBOS..
    06-25-14 05:26 PM
    Yea but you can get the z3 at 200 with no contract and it is new. Go by a new iPhone out of contract and see what you pay.
    again stop defending, no it's not 200$, it's 270-280$ (with no LTE, at that price it will be 400$ with LTE). iPhone isn't marketed to lower economies, the Z3 is. There is no reason why they are launching the Z3 at the same price as the Z10 in india.

The quality of the hardware and specs of the iPhone is much higher then the Z3 in every aspect almost. So it's a very unfair comparison.

Chen said it's going to be 200$ and it's not. Stop defending

anyways, this thread isn't about the Z3. I shouldn't have said anything about it. lol
    Sergiu1337 and Doggerz like this.
    06-25-14 05:28 PM
    Hub:

* No Native / Built-in PGP/GPG Support without BES.
    * Need Full Interactions for Encoding/Decoding my eMails as I send and receive them. Since 14 Months, I can't read my eMails on this Device -.-

But hey my Contract ends April next Year so I am glad I can switch to a Device which finally allows me to read my eMails.

Telephony / Contacts:
    * Built-in Black-/Whitelist to Block specific Numbers (Marketing Spammer, Stalker etc.)

hopefully this helps, but yes it should be a native thing for a business phone

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=CA&lang=en
    06-25-14 05:39 PM
    Contacts is broken for me. Evernote app is brutal, syncing to remember loses even more functionality.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:41 PM
    BlackBerry maps just needs to work again. It's been down for three days for me.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    06-25-14 05:42 PM
    BlackBerry maps just needs to work again. It's been down for three days for me.

what country do you live in?
    06-25-14 05:44 PM
    Contacts is broken for me. Evernote app is brutal, syncing to remember loses even more functionality.

Posted via CB10
    Evernote is made by Evernote themselves but the Remember app is a little too basic, I agree with you there.
    iBorek likes this.
    06-25-14 05:45 PM
    Canada. On Rogers Z30. Buddy is on Telus using Z10. Same issues.

06-25-14 06:06 PM
    hopefully this helps, but yes it should be a native thing for a business phone

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=CA&lang=en
    Thanks I am aware of this App as well as of PGpgp. None of them work with my GPG Keys unfortunately. And as I have a bad experience with stolen keys in the past, I prefer not to use a 3rd Party App at all.

Even my cheap and old Samsung Device with BADA OS had more Options in Version 1.0.
    Please BlackBerry: Do something finally! I don't want a insecure Android or WP thing. I still hope there will be a Solution til Spring 2015. I know You can do better!

@KHEHL:
    I know this will not happen anyway but maybe you can tell them, that it would be great to know what they plan for OS 10.4 and beyond. They could publish a List of things already planned when 10.3 is finalized / published. That way, we can complain about things still not on the List.

They don't need to talk about secret projects. But right now, they are still too secretive even about Standard Stuff, which the "Enemy" already has.

It would also be good on a Marketing Point of View, to let People know, that BlackBerry is still working on improving the Experience not only for Business User.

Good Luck with that Meeting.

06-25-14 06:11 PM
    Canada. On Rogers Z30. Buddy is on Telus using Z10. Same issues.

Weird im in the loo on rogers and I haven't had any issues yet

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 06:32 PM
    I should correct myself btw. Just started fighting with BBLink again. Now my new folders are also pushed to Internal Memory, before I was sure it used the SD. And wireless sync just seems to have stopped working. Oh well, go get 'em!

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    06-25-14 06:34 PM
    @beermusik haha I cant ask about 10.4 just current issues is what im going for

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 06:34 PM
    I should correct myself btw. Just started fighting with BBLink again. Now my new folders are also pushed to Internal Memory, before I was sure it used the SD. And wireless sync just seems to have stopped working. Oh well, go get 'em!

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Hah

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 06:35 PM
    Contacts:
    You should be able to copy any field like phone number, email or address to clipboard without using a 3rd party app.

Phone App:
    You should be able to paste a number in the phone app and edit from the middle, beginning, anywhere you place your cursor.....uhmmm, an actual cursor would be a great idea too! This is useful for adding a country code to a number in the dialler, since the smart dialling function is a bit dumb, or you just want to edit the last dialled number
    06-25-14 06:37 PM
    I agree.
    06-25-14 06:47 PM

BlackBerry Protect is useless now unless you lost your phone.
    - needs the back up and restore to cloud option like before.
    Needs to Backup & Restore:
    Browser Bookmarks, Tags, names,
    ALL PIM - man if you need to explain what PIM is - you need to SMACK UPSIDE the HEAD whomever at BB asks you to define it and tell them their job IS IN JEOPARDY!

P.I.M. Personal Information Management:
    Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Tasks, and Alarm. (that is PIM)

Remember needs to sync with Outlook and Google Notes, maybe even OneNote DIRECTLY.
    Unless someone has told you ... Remember is an app that uses ...
    a) Link to do local sync.
    - We live in a connected world, I've already seen what local backup and restore from Legacy BBOS has done with 25 devices first hand when migrating from BBOS (encrypted).
    b) Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2010 does this via BES10 (however I'm unsure if a service account is required).

Documents To Go: BlackBerry's version of Docs2go is featureLESS compared to any other OS.
    Why is there STILL no FULLY Documented steps in what features CAN be used and HOW to execute them by OS version? Yes many power users are on these boards yet nobody, NOBODY can point to a FULL comprehensive and exhaustive list. To be honest I feel BlackBerry should sell Documents2Go and ASAP while it still has some worth and work directly with Microsoft to get MS Office integrated at a basic level or their Office Suite downloadable as a free options in BBWorld, with extensive options as paid add on. Also making this available for enterprise wide purchase.

File Manager: Slow to load Cloud services pictures even on LTE. Needs more Cloud services.
    - it's not 100% reliable to sync to my computer. I'm always guessing before i open it. it works 90% of the time though.
    - I have a friend that can't sync her Z30 to her Macbook at all, I've tried as many ways as I could.
    I'll agree File Manager's API makes cloud connections somewhat slow, but LTE where I live and on my new carrier (Toronto, Bell Mobility) I've seen improvements over Wind Mobile's HSPA, or Rogers HSPA.
    Not sure what you're having reliable sync with your computer ... maybe some details about your PC's specs, are you using a hub or docking station or direct USB connection? Have you set your OS specifically in BB10's Storage settings? There is a lot we don't know, but if it's universal then bring this up.

Voice Control/Universal Search (now Intelligent Assistant) needs to be more of a personal assistant like (Contana and Google NOW [Siri is also lacking like BB10 but who knows with iOS8]).
    - Features from EasilyDo need to be Incorporated since this is a business/productivity phone. Or at least should be.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...easilydo&hl=en
    ^ requires heavy licensing from Nuance Communications Inc. go for it!~

Link:[/B] can't even automatically sync to SD card
    Damn software needs a fraking OVERHAUL!
    To be honest I want an enterprise version for migrating several users from BBOS to BB10. Something that'll strip local PIM and other content such as Call Logs, SMS/MMS, and Media from BB ID, because you cannot remove BB ID in any efficient way.
    - what makes matters worse is when corporations create new SMTP domains and the legacy ones are no longer used/routing external emails ... BBID Forgot Password emails will never arrive, further compounding the problem.

Calendar/Email:
    - No seamless solution to sync with Gmail and Outlook, the 2 most used emails.
    - Calendar multiple reminders. Very basic functionality and SMS is too (.700 sdk sms got much better).
    ^ you KEEP saying Outlook ... but you NEVER mention if you're using Outlook to directly connect to an Exchange or Gmail setup. I think right there is your issue ... Google is going to futher drive away from any connection/reliance on anything Microsoft and I honestly think you should as well going forward in the next few months/years. You already KNOW Google's M.O. ... they've already killed their ActiveSync implementation so going forward you need to be prepared. Make sure you specifically state your issue with 'Outlook' in FULL with your particular setup .. ports used and all, else BB is not going to dedicate ANY resources to this!

BlackBerry App World is a cluttered mess
    ^ Man I 1000% agree .. you can thank Alex Saunders, Marty Malik and the rest of whomever pushed for Android apps to be ported and NO proper checks done for device compatibility (Q-based devices).
    - Native, Cascades, Qt4.5/5.x, and WebWorks apps ONLY PLEASE!
    - Offer a way for developers with Ported Android apps to be integrated into Amazon's app store without registration by them. Amazon has HUGE resources here ... let them work for BB for once!!

YouTube is just a wrapped up HTML5 site for a widely used app/site it needs more work
    ^ This is as it SHOULD BE!
    >> Why the HELL does a web-based service which doesn't require an app to get all features NEED to be requested to be an application?
    Let's See:
    Logon,
    Save Password,
    Favourites & custom favourites list, and ability to share these lists or mark private,
    HTML5 or Flash based videos (those that have yet not been converted)
    Just about everything else you can do on your desktop browser you can do in the BlackBerry 10 Browser!
    > Have I missed anything here on this particular point?
    > There are applications that for instance strip ads ... THAT ads value! I'd rather BB focus on the browser as a whole to improve speed, rendering, codec support, and browser features specific to being a browser - like sync'ing bookmarks (IE over Link), or importing/exporting to/from Chrome, FireFox, and Safari ... heck integrate THIS into BBProtect for the fully mobile user.

HUB
    - Not even a dark themed HUB to go with the rest of the OS.
    - Accompli is ripping features off it and making it better soo it should be getting updated in 10.3 not just the UI change like we have now
    * There seems to be a bug in Bell Mobility's current BB10.2.1.2941 with Hub and BES10 & Balance.
    - If you have any SMS currently on your BB10 device ... and from the Lock screen (with a password) invoke to open a new corporate based Email where you have to enter your Password ... The Hub which jumps about 2 times trying to do it's thing ends up opening an SMS (the most recent one, read/not) ... which if you got a booty call ends up being quite embarrasing when trying to show off your device to corporate users whom you've just migrated (I had that today but it was their device that had the booty call)!!

PS: You just smile at the executive maybe share a nod or a wink, and quickly move on through your quick tutorial

Bridge not fully functional, hoping blend will fix this

BBM
    - BBM groups is terrible, messages are always getting mixed up and i get notifcations for already read messages
    - BBOS this was never a problem. This app definitely isn't anywhere close to being as reliable as BBOS.
    Dear lord ... clinging again to BBOS. How about treating BB10 and it's applications on it's own merits and then specifically pointing out features missing. I think you'll find better response and productivity from BlackBerry. Less wasted time trying to research what you're referring to.

Guys please be very specific not generic when it comes to mentioning BBOS features ... and BBOS was VERY VERY buggy in 7.x hence the reason to abandon it.

Note: The reason why I'm so hard on BlackBerry with this stuff is because this is supposed to be a business/enterprise, Utility and Productivity phone. They have been saying iPhone has been a toy for years and really it has more tools then BB does. iOS8 will bring the same experience like interconnected app activity and Bridge like function called Handover but is better.The Only thing they will have missing is the HUB but they have a Email like alternative called Accompli
    I'm curious what specifics in your day DO YOU use your BB10 device as a business/enterprise user?
    Sincerely ... I see this argument far too often and I'll agree but it's hard to see your point of view when there is no point of reference, see what I'm saying?

Over the past year I've been B*TCHING for BB to highlight one of their own executives or a top executive amongst their esteemed clients to really SHOW how powerful/efficient BB10 can REALLY be ... not just vs the competition but also against themselves (legacy BBOS).

PROPER THREAD ... Good start.
    Pesonally I've just submitted to their internal dev team so some of these they're already working on.
    anon(5818411) and dibbis like this.
    06-25-14 10:58 PM
    Too sleepy to read through the thread so if these two have been mentioned then oh well, I'm mentioning again.

Back up to SD card for contacts, calendar and Remember. Would be awesome. I have contacts on Google right now be we all know how secure Google is.....

Your list is already pretty darn thorough.

Good luck!!!

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.296 & Z30STA100-3/ 10.3.0.296
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    06-25-14 11:28 PM
    For Blackerry Protect - can't we have a feature to actually lock out the phone similar to iOS. The phone is rendered unusable until it's deactivated by the original user.
    06-25-14 11:42 PM
125 1234 ...