Hi,

I bought my Z30 STA100-5 from Shop BlackBerry. I've never gotten 4G LTE with my home provider and I always assumed it wasnt compatible.

However, I now read that Vodafone NZ has band 7, which the STA100-5 supports.

Does anyone know how I can connect on band 7?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 03:56 AM
    If the band 7 network isn't live nationwide, you would need to be in the right markets for it.

I would contact Vodafone NZ and ask them where it is that they have a band 7 LTE network up and running. The frontline reps may not know this, but if I could get someone from engineering, they would.

Edit: looks like up to a point the carrier actually documented upgrades and which networks they are! Check through these to see if you can figure out if you're in a band 7 (2600 MHz) market: Tag: "Network Notice" in "4G and the SuperNet" - Vodafone Community
    Last edited by raino; 08-02-16 at 11:31 AM.
    08-02-16 11:17 AM
    Thanks raino, I knew you'd know.
    I shall have to give them a call, although they are infamous for bad service (the average wait time on their broadband calls is 1 hour).
    08-02-16 03:27 PM
    Coverage issues notwithstanding (2600 MHz is a pretty high frequency,) if the phone is configured properly* there isn't anything to do, really--your phone should automatically detect the 4G network and latch on to it.

*Under Settings>Networks and Connections>Mobile Network>APN, make sure you have the correct APN in your phone. For Vodafone NZ, they seem to be (source):

APN: vodafone
    Username, Password: blank
    Authentication Type: NONE
    If the Vodafone rep swears they have a band 7 network right where you are, check if Settings>Networks and Connections>Mobile Network>Network Mode shows something like 4G & 3G & 2G (or something that has a 4G option there, unlike just 3G & 2G.)

If everything above checks out, it could be a provisioning issue.
    08-02-16 03:45 PM