My Z10 is operating fine - it is receiving texts, phone calls, emails. The screen looks fine and I can connect it to Blackberry Link with no issues. It has the latest OS update installed. However, I cannot get the screen to respond to my touch. I have tried: turning it off and back on, taking the battery out and putting it back in, updating the software and pushing the on/off button and mute button in various combinations to see if I had somehow locked the screen unknowingly.

Have I locked myself out unknowingly? Or is something else going on? I did discover a small crack in the screen a week ago - could that be part of the issue? Other than the crack, everything looks as it should on the screen.

Can you help me out, Crackberry World?
    09-21-17 03:24 PM
    Crack bad... unlike some devices, the Z10 won't work with a cracked screen.

Time to move on... or pay to replace the digitizer or even the whole screen... https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...berry-z10.html either is pretty cheap at this point... less the labor, which Youtube could show you how.
    09-21-17 03:57 PM
    The crack broke the contacts to the digitizer. Given that you can't effectively replace the digitizer, you need to replace the whole screen assembly. It's not very hard and the part isn't very expensive - likely $30-40. Watch some YouTube videos...
    09-21-17 07:34 PM
    The crack broke the contacts to the digitizer. Given that you can't effectively replace the digitizer, you need to replace the whole screen assembly. It's not very hard and the part isn't very expensive - likely $30-40. Watch some YouTube videos...
    Etrade had the Digitizer for about $5, but have no clue how it would install.... I'd buy the whole assembly as you suggest as it's only about $15 at this point.
    09-22-17 03:19 PM
    You would need a machine that costs nearly $1000, several specialized supplies, and a good amount of skill. If you did that for a living, then it would be worth it. For anyone else, a digitizer by itself is worthless.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-22-17 03:26 PM