Im on Optus. Was on the 10.1 mr but put the new 10.2.0.1047 on. It's pretty sweet, toast notifications are nice, lock screen notifications are nice too. Noticing some cool things such as an attachments button in email hub which shows all the attachments instead of browsing through each email.

It's fast, fluid, installed without a hitch. Only thing was I couldnt restore from my backup. But I had learnt from past experiences and use sms.backup and keep my contacts backed up on sim

I'm really keen to get be buzz with headless app support though

Posted via CB10
    11pts likes this.
    08-04-13 06:22 PM
    Im on Optus. Was on the 10.1 mr but put the new 10.2.0.1047 on. It's pretty sweet, toast notifications are nice, lock screen notifications are nice too. Noticing some cool things such as an attachments button in email hub which shows all the attachments instead of browsing through each email.

It's fast, fluid, installed without a hitch. Only thing was I couldnt restore from my backup. But I had learnt from past experiences and use sms.backup and keep my contacts backed up on sim

I'm really keen to get be buzz with headless app support though

Posted via CB10
    Are you finding any issues with it? How is app compatibility?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 01:56 AM
    For all us Telstra users, just purchase an Optus sim for $2 put it in your Z10 and download the update from Settings, Software Updates. Turn off phone insert Telstra sim and good to go. All fine at this end.
    It's equivalent to updating via Sachesi. May as well save that $2 :P

And yeah, the latest leak is a big step up. No reason not to use it.
    11pts likes this.
    08-05-13 02:27 AM
    Are you finding any issues with it? How is app compatibility?

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes the swipe up to unlock doesn't respond and I have to use the button. Battery life is still really good.

No other issues yet but I'll post back if I find others.

I don't have any android apps side loaded so can't comment on compatability

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 03:35 PM
    To all you Aussies... I have several users there on Telstra, and have tried to support them on a US based BES server, to no avail. They have been using webmail for years, saying that Telstra didn't do BES. Now they want to switch to Android or iPhones, saying that Telstra charge far more for BB data. It doesn't look that way on the Telstra web sites.

Can anyone give me some objective information? Cost is really the main factor.

Thanks for any information.
    08-06-13 05:18 PM
    Telstra certainly do support BES and with it unlimited data through the BB APN.

I had it recently on my Bold 9900. The problem is that sometimes the Telstra staff get it confused with BIS and activate the wrong service on the account.

Make sure they go to a business centre who know what they're on about.
    08-12-13 01:43 AM
    I don't know much about BES and all but I do know at my company historically we've been using only BlackBerrys but for some reason with the new 10 models the IT dept can only deploy the Q10 because something to do with the z10 not being compatible with the server they're currently using. Don't know if this is the same issue your mate is having?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 06:11 AM
    Has anyone checked out the new plans from Optus (no don't work for them) just curious what peoples view is specifically do you think it would encourage people to purchase the Z/Q 10.

Love your feedback

CO
    09-03-13 04:25 PM
    Hey Optus users just quick check to see if anyone has received the 10.2 update as yet?

Thanks

CO
    10-29-13 02:39 PM
    Vodafone has the 10.2 update. I got a $2
    sim Today, will update tonight..

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:48 PM
    Am on Optus but I couldn't wait for their update. Bought a $2- Vodafone Sim and got the update last night. Woke this morning and just had to restart phone. So far, all good.

On my chosen one... z10
    10-31-13 04:36 AM
    I'm running leak 10.2.0.415 was curious if Optus released 424 yet. Thanks for the updates so far guys.

All the best keep posting

CO

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 05:26 AM
    HEY GUYS 424 released on optus this morning for z10.

all the best

CO
    11-04-13 01:59 PM
    CO,

Thanks for the heads up - running through the install as we speak.

Just installed the last of the Optus supplied 10.1 updates a couple of days ago. Thought it might be a while before we receive this but what do you know.

I'll let you know of progress positive or negative.

FB29

-------------------> POST Upgrade

OK, all done now, the whole process took around 2 hours and involved an almost 500mb download.

However, all looks to have gone smoothly. No missing contacts issue as some others have had.

Overall, a pretty smooth upgrade.

Now to make the use of the new features!!

Cheers

FB29
    Last edited by FatBoy29; 11-04-13 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Update
    11-04-13 06:00 PM
    Fatboy

I have the Optus app converted bar and smh converted bar and afr converted bar they seem to work well also just did Qantas app if you want them email me and I will send them to you don't want it out in public just yet just in case

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 03:29 AM
    Installed the 10.2 on Optus. Went very smoothly.

Is sideloading easier on 10.2??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-05-13 05:09 AM
    Griff,

Sideloading is the same i find the easiest way to do it is to use the google chrome extension. Once you have the bar file it is as simple as connecting to your phone and dropping the bar file into the program.

if you want I can do a step by step guide.

all the best

CO
    11-05-13 01:31 PM
    Mate if you have the time a step by step guide would be awesome!

11-05-13 03:37 PM
    Mate if you have the time a step by step guide would be awesome!

Griff,

Give me about a week and ill post something up.

Speak Soon

CO
    11-06-13 01:47 PM
    10.2 official out today for OPTUS Z10/Q10 check software update and down load.

All the best

CO
    01-28-14 01:34 PM
    10.2 allows seamless integration of APK files. Remember to go to App Manager and enable Installing Apps. Then all you need to do is put the APK on your phone there are a few ways to do this the easiest is to go to Amazon and email yourself their store link. Also chrome has an extension that allows you to download most APK's from google play you will need an ANDROID devise code you can get this from blue stacks or check out the SNAP program in the forums.
    01-28-14 01:36 PM
    Griff,

Sorry it has taken so long have been flat out with work.

This is the easiest way to sideload an application to your OS10.

1) if you dont have it get google chrome.
    2) click on the settings 3 bars on side, go to tools then extensions.
    3) scroll to bottom of screen
    4) click on get more extensions
    5) in the search type in Blackberry APK
    6) Click on BB10/Playbook App Manager and install it. Should be automated.
    7) go into the setting screen of your phone then security then development mode
    8) activate development mode and enter a password
    9) plug you OS10 phone into your computer using the usb cable.
    10) click on the chrome extension BB10 that you just downloaded
    11) Take note of the IP address in the development mode screen and enter that into the first box click save.
    12) then scroll down and click on the IP address.
    this should open a security warning click through this.
    13) if you are on the right track it should open a page to enter password enter the password you entered into your phone
    this will open up the main extension screen and list all of you applications now it is as simple as drag and drop.
    14) find the apk/bar file you want to load onto your phone drag it to the box on the right and let the wonderment begin.

Once everything is completed close that screen go back into security setting and disable development mode and then password and remove your password. If you have a password there should be no need for this step.

All the Best

CO

PS if you have any issues let me know
    03-04-14 02:28 PM
    Hey All CO here Again,

For those Optus users the optus APK file works a treat you can get it from Google Play or if you prefer I can provide a temporary link for you to access the copy I have it is a manual load SNAP does not find it.

If you want it let me know

CO
    03-04-14 02:35 PM
48 12