Does WE McCloud integrate with the File Manager in BB10? If so, is there a BB10 app for it?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    No it does not, so it wouldn't be of much interest to you. Furthermore, I use an android app to access it which does integrate into the Share function of BB10 but I can see that coming to an end eventually as it did with my Playbook about a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-18 03:46 PM
    So long as the user turns off BlackBerry Protect prior to the BBID servers being shut down, it will be possible to reload the software, but it won't be possible to restore apps from BlackBerry World. So the user will be stuck with the stock apps in BB10.
    stock apps and user data can be restored without the need for Blackberry Limited-provided services right now.

This is news to me. Let me get this straight, you guys are saying that if one turns off Blackberry Protect before 2020, it's possible to do a reload via the autoloader, and then continue to use the Blackberry device with stock apps?
    12-11-18 05:31 PM
    This is news to me. Let me get this straight, you guys are saying that if one turns off Blackberry Protect before 2020, it's possible to do a reload via the autoloader, and then continue to use the Blackberry device with stock apps?
    That is precisely what I am saying. This is tested and confirmed; one does not need a Blackberry ID in order to use the device with stock apps (plus any native BARs which developers have or will make available for sideloading of course).
    12-11-18 05:49 PM
    Yes. Plus any sideloaded bar files and compatible installed apks.
    12-11-18 05:52 PM
    May I ask how one goes about getting rid of the BBID?

Q10 Powered
    12-12-18 05:27 AM
    what do you mean by "getting rid"?...

Posted via CB10
    12-12-18 07:15 AM
    May I ask how one goes about getting rid of the BBID?

Q10 Powered
    You disable BlackBerry Protect on the device, then remove the device from Protect online.

You can then run an autoloader or do a factory reset. Don't enter a BBID on first setup.

You will, of course, immediately be locked out of BBM, and will no longer have access to your purchased apps on BlackBerry World.
    12-12-18 09:26 AM
    You disable BlackBerry Protect on the device, then remove the device from Protect online.

You can then run an autoloader or do a factory reset. Don't enter a BBID on first setup.

You will, of course, immediately be locked out of BBM, and will no longer have access to your purchased apps on BlackBerry World.
    Thank you Conite. I have made note of these directions for later use. I appreciate your assistance.

Q10 Powered
    12-13-18 11:27 AM

I believe the second step is unnecessary. Once you disable BlackBerry Protect on the device, the only reason to log on to the BlackBerry Protect Web site is to confirm that it's indeed turned off. There are no actions to take online, and you do not need to delete your BBID to successfully reset your device or use an autoloader.

You will receive pop up messages to add a BBID forever, but they can be ignored without consequence.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

12-13-18 01:26 PM
    I believe the second step is unnecessary. Once you disable BlackBerry Protect on the device, the only reason to log on to the BlackBerry Protect Web site is to confirm that it's indeed turned off. There are no actions to take online, and you do not need to delete your BBID to successfully reset your device or use an autoloader.

You will receive pop up messages to add a BBID forever, but they can be ignored without consequence.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

I wasn't suggesting deleting the BBID online (worst thing ever).

I've seen BlackBerry Protect re-enable on a device (during a reboot) before when it was kept enabled online. It's rare, but I've seen it 1st hand.
    12-13-18 01:31 PM
    I wasn't suggesting deleting the BBID online (worst thing ever).

I've seen BlackBerry Protect re-enable on a device (during a reboot) before when it was kept enabled online. It's rare, but I've seen it 1st hand.
    Yes, absolutely confirm that BB Protect is indeed off on the server via the Web site before resetting or using an autoloader!

I didn't mean to imply that you said to delete the BBID. That's something I've seen other people say, and I wanted to be clear.

Last time I checked I noticed it's impossible to turn off BB Protect on the server. That's smart, as it effectively prevents that being done remotely.
    12-13-18 01:37 PM
    That is precisely what I am saying. This is tested and confirmed; one does not need a Blackberry ID in order to use the device with stock apps (plus any native BARs which developers have or will make available for sideloading of course).
    Yes. Plus any sideloaded bar files and compatible installed apks.
    Interesting. I will be trying this myself and will report back.
    12-13-18 05:11 PM
    On that date your BlackBerry will explode!
    12-14-18 08:24 AM

I can confirm that I have noticed the same action on my Z30 and Classic.

Also, I noted in the past...

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13262064

that I was able to shut off BB Protect without connection to BBID servers, then reset by autoloading and set up my phone without entering a BBID.

My point being that, sometime after Dec 31, 2019, and when the BBID servers are ultimately shut down, you should be able to reset the phone and/or install an autoloader, provided that the local phone BB Protect is turned off immediately prior to reset.
    Last edited by hvacdon; 12-14-18 at 01:37 PM.
    12-14-18 01:14 PM
    So today I turned off Blackberry Protect on my phone, (without being connected to the internet), and then simply ran the Autoloader.

Works a treat...

So basically it seems (as others are also saying) that even if Blackberry shuts down its BBID servers come 2020, (and nor do we turn off BB Protect before then), then the phone should still work fine if one wanted, and one was satisfied with stock apps.

Obviously you'd need to sideload the bar files for any 3rd party native BB10 apps you'd want/need (as long as developers release them).
    hvacdon likes this.
    12-16-18 02:42 PM
    So today I turned off Blackberry Protect on my phone, (without being connected to the internet), and then simply ran the Autoloader.

Works a treat...

So basically it seems (as others are also saying) that even if Blackberry shuts down its BBID servers come 2020, (and nor do we turn off BB Protect before then), then the phone should still work fine if one wanted, and one was satisfied with stock apps.

Obviously you'd need to sideload the bar files for any 3rd party native BB10 apps you'd want/need (as long as developers release them).
    What would it require from server side to put together a Web based system for storing those bar files? And for os10 users to install them directly? Can it be done? Like an aftermarket or community bbworld alternative
    It would be a project I would be interested in, especially from sever side.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-18 11:51 AM
    What would it require from server side to put together a Web based system for storing those bar files? And for os10 users to install them directly? Can it be done? Like an aftermarket or community bbworld alternative
    It would be a project I would be interested in, especially from sever side.

Posted via CB10
    They would need unfettered elevated privileges on your device. If you didn't trust the source 100%, then it would be an extraordinarily bad idea.

It would be a VPN-based setup.
    12-17-18 11:58 AM
    They would need unfettered elevated privileges on your device. If you didn't trust the source 100%, then it would be an extraordinarily bad idea.

It would be a VPN-based setup.
    Whatsoever could go wrong? Everyone PayPal me $100 each for your 2019 annual subscription by 12/31/2018 and I’ll have something up and running by 12/31/2019 for you. I mean it’s CrackBerry, right? This has great idea written all over it from my prospective vantage point...
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 12-17-18 at 01:15 PM.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-17-18 12:51 PM
    Hmmm....good point. I wonder what we could do instead?

I know! Let's all start using devices running an OS controlled by a company who's on record as saying they don't give a damn about user privacy, which has an official app store that gets infiltrated by malware on a regular basis, and which can't even secure its own in-house apps!

Yeah, that's the ticket....
    I think you missed the part about ME running the site and giving ME twelve months in advance, $100, for the promise of SOMETHING, nothing specific. First rule of legal deception is to keep you looking at the wrong thing... For the record, I’m not serious about $100 payments as I wasn’t seriously providing anything. This had nothing to do with BB10 other than poster mentioned this as medium ripe for a scam. It was tongue in cheek based on something another CB member runs as legitimate business that people still frequent and pay money for apps that are literally free elsewhere...
    12-17-18 01:09 PM
    I think you missed the part about ME running the site and giving ME twelve months in advance, $100, for the promise of SOMETHING, nothing specific. First rule of legal deception is to keep you looking at the wrong thing... For the record, I’m not serious about $100 payments as I wasn’t seriously providing anything. This had nothing to do with BB10 other than poster mentioned this as medium ripe for a scam. It was tongue in cheek based on something another CB member runs as legitimate business that people still frequent and pay money for apps that are literally free elsewhere...
    You'll note I deleted the original post, but since you responded (and only because you responded):

I missed nothing. I know you're not serious about $100 payments. However, it seemed like you were slamming the entire concept of having such an alternative distribution method....which, given previous comments on BB10, seems like an opinion you might legitimately hold.

Let's call a spade a spade. The member to which you're referring is, I assume, Nemory. Nemory is known to be a fraud and a thief. There are frauds and thives in all types of businesses; however, the way to deal with them is to call them out, not to slam the entire concept of a third-party service.
    12-17-18 01:13 PM
    You'll note I deleted the original post, but since you responded (and only because you responded):

I missed nothing. I know you're not serious about $100 payments. However, it seemed like you were slamming the entire concept of having such an alternative distribution method....which, given previous comments on BB10, seems like an opinion you might legitimately hold.

Let's call a spade a spade. The member to which you're referring is, I assume, Nemory. Nemory is known to be a fraud and a thief. There are frauds and thives in all types of businesses; however, the way to deal with them is to call them out, not to slam the entire concept of a third-party service.
    In the Christmas spirit, I deleted the first sentence. It wasn’t a slam on BB10, however, a criticism to loading apps from a source that could be used to compromise what everyone considers to be a secure OS, myself included. The original sentence was actually the one thing I’ve always used all BB OSs for, security.

Whether Android/IOS, WP or any BB, an unofficial App Store would be compromised by someone because, just because, taking advantage of CB fans is possible.
    12-17-18 01:18 PM
    In the Christmas spirit, I deleted the first sentence. It wasn’t a slam on BB10, however, a criticism to loading apps from a source that could be used to compromise what everyone considers to be a secure OS, myself included. The original sentence was actually the one thing I’ve always used all BB OSs for, security.
    Then in the Christmas spirit, I'll take your concern in the spirit with which it was intended. Here's to BB10's unparalleled security!

*cue holding hands in the Whoville square and singing*
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-17-18 01:20 PM
    Then in the Christmas spirit, I'll take your concern in the spirit with which it was intended. Here's to BB10's unparalleled security!

*cue holding hands in the Whoville square and singing*
    :-) Amen I’d use emoji but they don’t post from my iPad .
    12-17-18 01:22 PM
    Something is definitely weird here. Once I've turned off Blackberry Protect, if I then restart my phone, Protect is back on again automatically.

This should not be happening.
    12-18-18 10:18 AM
    Something is definitely weird here. Once I've turned off Blackberry Protect, if I then restart my phone, Protect is back on again automatically.

This should not be happening.
    Did you turn it off from the website or on your device?
    12-18-18 10:24 AM
287 ... 34567 ...