I have tried that tip of fixing via Music Player but when I press on the 3dot icon it is not showing the BlackBerry World option...Can someone help me. Am using a Blackberry Z3 with 10 OS.
    04-16-19 03:52 AM
    I have tried that tip of fixing via Music Player but when I press on the 3dot icon it is not showing the BlackBerry World option...Can someone help me. Am using a Blackberry Z3 with 10 OS.
    Hey blckfngr,

I actually had the exact same problem with my BlackBerry leap. I did fix it by using an autoloader, but before you do that, try these things first.

1. Restart that device 3 times. This seems like a very basic solution, but sometimes basic works. The first time, just do a normal shutdown, then turn the phone back on. If the BBW (blackberry world) still doesn't work, the hold the power button down for 10 seconds. If the BBW still doesn't work, then hold the 2 volume keys down for 15 seconds. If the BBW still doesn't work, then move on to step 2.

2. Make sure that you have an Internet connection (meaning make sure that you're connected to wifi). Once again, sometimes basic solutions do work. BBW will not open if you are not connected to the Internet. If you DO have a functioning connection and BBW doesn't open, try turning wifi on and off, if BBW still doesn't work, then move on to step 3.

3. Okay, if you don't have an application installed on your PC (does not work on a mac) called blackberry link, I would recommend that you download it. It is an old software program developed by blackberry, so the is a 50/50 chance that it will work. Plug in your device and backup your device (just in case). Then press the reload device software button. that will wipe your device clean and reload the blackberry OS software. Then try restoring your device. If BBW still doesn't work (it should by this point) then try a custom restoration (restore everything EXCEPT applications). If that doesn't make BBW work, then move onto step 4.

4. So this is the last suggestion that I can give to you. Download an autoloader (which matches your device model) and simply plug your device in, boot up your autoloader, enter your device password, but be warned, your device WILL be wiped and you cannot restore any previous DATA. Autoloaders work 100% of the time, so BBW will work like new! If you are unfortunate enough to have to get to this step, please reply to me with a quote and I will send you the link to the proper autoloader (don't worry they're safe and official. I probably used the same one).

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-19 09:50 AM
    but be warned, your device WILL be wiped and you cannot restore any previous DATA.
    Really?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-19 09:57 AM
    Really?

Posted via CB10
    I haven't been on BB10 for some time and unless something has changed, you should be able to restore from back up using link so not sure this poster's statement is true. Although, like I said, I haven't been on BB10 for some time.
    04-16-19 10:15 AM
    I haven't been on BB10 for some time and unless something has changed, you should be able to restore from back up using link so not sure this poster's statement is true. Although, like I said, I haven't been on BB10 for some time.
    Provided you can get Link to work, yes you can restore from the backup. There are solutions here on the forum that provide a "fix" for BlackBerry Link problems.
    04-16-19 10:24 AM
    I meant you can't restore any backups with an autoloader. Meaning if there was a problem with a that got backed up, the autoloader can't fix that.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-19 10:29 AM