Hi guys,

My BB World is not showing automatically updates to the apps that are installed on my Q10. I need to run BB World and check the updates manually. Any solution to this or is there a setting that I might have disabled accidentally?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 09:37 PM
    Dont same for different OS Device using , different Country.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 10:09 PM
    It just takes a while. It might not show them right away, but it eventually will.

Passport on Wind
    12-12-14 10:14 PM
    When you are inside app world scroll down from the top, go into settings and click refresh, app world will close down and then re open it and your updates (if any) should appear

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-12-14 10:30 PM
    It hasn't done it for me in a very long time. I just go in and check every once in a while.

Posted via CB10
    Kurt Fathul likes this.
    12-13-14 12:55 AM
    Yes, it is a bit troublesome to actually go to settings of appworld and refresh it manually to be notified about updates. I thought it was just me experience this, but looks like some are also experiencing this. Has there been work around or is BlackBerry actually aware of this problem?

Posted via CB10
    Kurt Fathul likes this.
    12-13-14 10:02 AM
    There is no problem. App updates DO show up automatically. Like I said, it just takes a while.

We see updates here on crackberry, and go look for them, if you had just waited it out, it would eventually show up.

We're all just jumping the gun.

Do you know how I know it works? I know people who never update their apps. People who still use bbm versions before timed messages.

Passport on Wind
    12-13-14 01:53 PM
    There is no problem. App updates DO show up automatically. Like I said, it just takes a while.

We see updates here on crackberry, and go look for them, if you had just waited it out, it would eventually show up.

Do you know how I know it works? I know people who never update their apps. People who still use bbm versions before timed messages.
    It is not about jumping the gun IMHO. If it works, it should work universally because unlike firmware OS updates where it depends on the carrier, apps updates do not depend on carrier.

I know we see the updates here on crackberry but how many updates can crackberry cover? Not everyone installs the same apps too. Can't possibly wait for crackberry to tell there is an update to all apps on my phone.

Sorry mate but your claim about knowing how it will work does not solve the problem for many of us here.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 08:08 PM
    The funny thing is opening the My World tab where it is running the checking initially always show there is no updates, but upon clicking the Refresh button, it then shows the updates. Maybe something to do with caching? I thought this is supposed to be 'headless' too?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 08:24 PM
    It is not about jumping the gun IMHO. If it works, it should work universally because unlike firmware OS updates where it depends on the carrier, apps updates do not depend on carrier.

I know we see the updates here on crackberry but how many updates can crackberry cover? Not everyone installs the same apps too. Can't possibly wait for crackberry to tell there is an update to all apps on my phone.

Sorry mate but your claim about knowing how it will work does not solve the problem for many of us here.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. It's true they don't cover all the app updates.

And the ones that don't, eventually pop up to update.

Passport on Wind
    12-13-14 10:07 PM

Passport on Wind
    Don't think so. The last few have not.

BlackBerry hates America!
    12-14-14 06:59 AM
    Well, I tried not checking appworld for any updates for 4 days and guess what, no notification! When finally checking for updates today because I am looking for BlackBerry Blend update, I got 15 new app updates! So much for productivity with this appworld. Those that said it will eventually show up, forget about it if you have to wait weeks for updates to appear in notification! I can understand if it takes some few hours even up to 24-48 hours to appear but for 4 days and possibly more and nothing appears if not checked manually, well this is just not good at all.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 11:02 PM
    We see on Crackberry articles about updates that haven't shown up in BlackBerry World because Crackberry gets to see them prior to the actual release, sometimes thru BlackBerry World and sometimes thru the developer. But within a couple of days the updates always show up.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 01:43 PM
    Looks like this problem could somehow be related to OS version IMHO because it happened when I was on 10.3.1.1151 but now with 10.3.1.1949 the BBW updates are showing up nicely again (I did full restore after upgrading OS, so yes the old settings got restored).

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 10:54 AM