Hi,

My issue:

Ever since BlackBerry World's payment services have been shutdown I have been unable to download the paid apps that I own.

- Instead of there being a grey 'Download' button on the app page it says a price (still on a grey button).

- When I have experienced this in the past, clicking the price would make me confirm my BBID password and the app would download with no issue, not charging me. Upon verifying my BlackBerry ID credentials now I am given the error message in red text "Invalid Price (AW35005i)".

- Apps that I currently have installed that also have the issue show an Open button stacked on a similar Price button in BlackBerry World.

- In total 169 of my apps are affected.

BlackberryHelp on Twitter directed me to BlackBerry telephone support, this has so far been fruitless despite numerous attempts to contact a human by myself and Vodafone's Technical Support team.

Actions taken:

- I have performed BlackBerry World refreshes with no luck, I have a Z10 running 10.3.3.3057.

- I have checked my sisters Passport and she can access all of her apps fine (including ones that I cannot download).

- I have used the BlackBerry World Recovery Tool.

My Question:

Does anyone else have the issue, has anyone found a solution or does anybody recommend a more effective means of contacting BlackBerry's Technical Support?
    Last edited by oystersourced; 04-19-18 at 10:23 PM.
    04-19-18 10:14 AM
    Update:

Thank you all for your contributions, I have listed a couple of workarounds, in order of ease of use.

Workaround 1. Instead of opening up an app's page, find the app in the Available list of My World in BlackBerry World on your phone. Do not click the app's name as this will take you to the app's page, instead click the arrow button next to the app name and the download should begin

Workaround 2. Login to the BlackBerry World website on your PC and access My World, this lists all apps that you own in a grid pattern. Click the Install button next to the app you wish to download, this opens up the particular app in BlackBerry World automatically on your phone. NB: The payment button still displays but if you wait then the download should automatically initiate.

I hope one of these workarounds are helpful to some for the time being.
    Last edited by oystersourced; 04-21-18 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Updated based on following replies.
    hoppysfave and Vladislavt like this.
    04-19-18 11:35 AM
    Update: I have found that if I use the BlackBerry World website on PC to access My World, I am able to click Install which opens up the particular app in BlackBerry World on my phone. The payment button is still there but if I wait the download automatically initiates.

I hope that's helpful to some for the time being.
    Are you saying your using the browser on your phone? How would you get it from your PC to your phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-18 11:52 AM
    Are you saying your using the browser on your phone? How would you get it from your PC to your phone?

Posted via CB10
    Go to the BlackBerry World website on PC: https://appworld.blackberry.com
    Login* and click My World - this will load all of the apps that you own in a grid pattern.

Each app should have an Install and Uninstall option, click Install. Instructions are given from this point on the screen, check your phone and BlackBerry World should launch to the app's page.

At this point you can close the notification on the BlackBerry World website, looking back on my phone the app downloads automatically.
    04-19-18 01:25 PM
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-18 09:43 PM
    I can't even open BlackBerry World!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-18 09:44 PM
    I can't even open BlackBerry World!

Posted via CB10
    Search the forums for the BlackBerry World Recovery Tool, I tried to use this for the issue discussed in this thread without luck however it may solve your problem. The tool reinstalls BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-18 09:54 PM
    Hi,
    Does anyone else have the issue, has anyone found a solution or does anybody recommend a more effective means of contacting BlackBerry's Technical Support?
    I have the same issue since recently and it's very frustrating. Not just because I need to download the apps (having just switched BB10 phones) but also because some of them cost money.

So my questions are:
    1) How do we get around this?

2) What is the best way of contacting Blackberry, in the maze of broken links on their site?

I have no intention of leaving this as is and forgetting about the apps.

The trick with the PC-opened page of Blackberry World did not work for me as I tried it earlier. The PC page says "Downloading this item can only be completed on your BBOS smartphone. Please visit this item in BlackBerry World on your device. To receive an email with a link to the item, you may use the form below. "

Filling in the form does not send any link - a popup appears saying "There was an error processing your request. Error code: 502"

Could you describe the steps you took to use the PC page of Blackberry World, in detail?
    @oystersourced : more specifically, could you share the exact link you click to get the app to open on the phone? Maybe we can construct it somehow manually for different apps.
    Last edited by xubabi; 04-20-18 at 01:39 AM. Reason: added pc page details
    04-20-18 01:07 AM
    I'm having the same issue and it's really frustrating. Thank you for taking the steps to get to the bottom of it. I'll try the PC method you spoke of.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-18 01:37 AM
    Hi - I wanted to share a method that worked for me after digging in the forums

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13168343

I realized my error. If you click to look within the app's information you get a price instead of a download option.

Just click on the arrow next to the app name in the original available app list. You can't redownload from within the app's page itself.

Posted via CB10
    hoppysfave likes this.
    04-20-18 01:57 AM
    Hi - I wanted to share a method that worked for me after digging in the forums

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13168343
    Thank you, this works well. Usually I open the app page so have been a bit blind to the presence of that button. I'll update the original posts when back on PC.

NB: I don't know why you received an error message on the BlackBerry World website on PC, the steps I posted above where pretty much step-by-step.

Posted via CB10
    hoppysfave likes this.
    04-20-18 06:50 PM
    I had this same exact issue. Open BlackBerry World, then go to My World and open the Available apps section. Download apps from here.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-18 07:20 PM
    Search the forums for the BlackBerry World Recovery Tool, I tried to use this for the issue discussed in this thread without luck however it may solve your problem. The tool reinstalls BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, tried to download the tool but says this is not available in your country.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-18 06:07 AM
    Thanks, tried to download the tool but says this is not available in your country.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps using a vpn in that case to mimick being elsewhere will prevent. A few free vpn compatible with BB10 (IKEV2) available.

Posted via CB10
    fereidun likes this.
    04-28-18 07:28 AM