I bought a Classic last month which wasn't updated with the BlackBerry World update. Wonderful.

I can't get DBBT or Sachesi to recognize/connect to my device. I can't get my Windows 10 laptop to recognize it in Device Manager. Link doesn't recognize it. My PlayBook Chrome extension won't connect. I've turned on and off several times the SMB1 file sharing, but no luck.

I feel like I've tried everything. What else can I do? I have to get the computer to recognize the device so I can sideload the .BAR file using one of these methods. I really wish there was a better way.
    11-23-20 06:18 PM
    I bought a Classic last month which wasn't updated with the BlackBerry World update. Wonderful.

I can't get DBBT or Sachesi to recognize/connect to my device. I can't get my Windows 10 laptop to recognize it in Device Manager. Link doesn't recognize it. My PlayBook Chrome extension won't connect. I've turned on and off several times the SMB1 file sharing, but no luck.

I feel like I've tried everything. What else can I do? I have to get the computer to recognize the device so I can sideload the .BAR file using one of these methods. I really wish there was a better way.
    Have you factory reset it yet?
    First thing I'd do is run an autoloader to clear up any possible kinks, then you need to run through the setup steps and actually connect to a network, so the device can check for updates etc, as it has to do that before any of those programs will recognize it.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-23-20 06:23 PM
    Well, egg on my face . . .

I forgot to use the IPv4 in my PlayBook extension, not the the IP. With that, I was able to sideload and get it working. Remember, kids, don't be stupid.
    mh1983 likes this.
    11-23-20 07:10 PM
    Well, egg on my face . . .

I forgot to use the IPv4 in my PlayBook extension, not the the IP. With that, I was able to sideload and get it working. Remember, kids, don't be stupid.
    Lol, glad you were able to figure it out.
    11-23-20 09:03 PM