Noticed that blackberry world doesn't notify when new versions of apps are available. You need to manually go and check for them. A bit annoying...

Anyone else have this issue?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 03:33 AM
    Its not really a problem for me... Im used to it already
    02-12-13 03:37 AM
    I noticed that as well. but am also used to it so it doesn't bother me.
    02-12-13 03:40 AM
    Yeah anyone can get used to anything I guess my point it for iOS and Android converts, they may not realise this and they might keep running old versions of the apps for ages.

I'm a BlackBerry 10 App developer, so when i push out updates to my app I think the users should be notified when it's available.

Thoughts?

02-12-13 03:57 AM
    Yeah anyone can get used to anything I guess my point it for iOS and Android converts, they may not realise this and they might keep running old versions of the apps for ages.

I'm a BlackBerry 10 App developer, so when i push out updates to my app I think the users should be notified when it's available.

Thoughts?

Yes, this is annoying and appears to happen to several people. (You're not the first to report this.) I'm sure BlackBerry is working on this as app updates are definitely delivered as notifications on legacy BlackBerry devices running Handheld Software 7.x and lower.

The best recourse for you as a developer, is to send your feedback about app updates not appearing as notifications to the BlackBerry Developer Relations team, who will pass it on to the appropriate department at BlackBerry.
    02-12-13 04:17 AM
    Yup already raised a JIRA. but wondered what the crackberry nation thought and if there was a workaround.

02-12-13 04:23 AM
    I've been getting notifications but I tend to be in BlackBerry World a lot lately, do I usually already have the app updated by the time the notification comes through.
    02-12-13 04:29 AM
    Soooo...do you have to go into App World and then you're given notification of an update? or do you have to search for each specific App?

(Sorry, only got my Z10 on Friday and havent installed too many apps yet)
    02-12-13 04:46 AM
    No it seems worse than that; You have to go into BlackBerry world, select My World. Then select check for updates. It is only then that you get notifications for all apps that need uprating.

Not very streamlined...

02-12-13 04:52 AM
    Theres a "My World" option in Blackberry World?

I actually went looking for this last night after thinking about how to check which apps are installed but only had a half hearted look for it!
    02-12-13 05:06 AM
    Theres a "My World" option in Blackberry World?

I actually went looking for this last night after thinking about how to check which apps are installed but only had a half hearted look for it!
    When you open BB World, in bottom left corner tap on square with 3 lines in it. Menu opens on left and My World is last option.
    Then choose the Apps & Games option. Tap the 3 overflow dots in bottom right for Check For Updates option.

Dugganm likes this.
    02-12-13 05:49 AM
    Looks like this has been fixed with the recent BlackBerry world update. good work BlackBerry! Notifications are now pushed to you.

Posted via CB10
    gusanbage likes this.
    02-23-13 04:19 AM
    Yes, it does seem to work now. But like Bla1ze pointed out there is still a delay in receiving notifications.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=775073

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 04:35 AM