Why nought in is updating in BlackBerry World. The game, apps such as Gameloft

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 12:09 PM
    Because the platform is dead?
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    10-12-16 12:48 PM
    Gameloft was a big supported of BlackBerry... remember playing several of their games on the PlayBook.

But BB10 was a failure at launch, and so many big developers left right afterward... like Gameloft. They are simply a business, and they have to invest their resources where the most potential is. It was clear from BB10 sales and the Z10 write off that BB10 would NEVER have the userbase that would support that level of investment.
    10-12-16 12:53 PM
    Gameloft was a big supported of BlackBerry... remember playing several of their games on the PlayBook.

But BB10 was a failure at launch, and so many big developers left right afterward... like Gameloft. They are simply a business, and they have to invest their resources where the most potential is. It was clear from BB10 sales and the Z10 write off that BB10 would NEVER have the userbase that would support that level of investment.
    Because no one outside of CrackBerry or BlackBerry Fans know about bb10.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) #ILoveBB10Apps #ILoveBB10
    TheBlkGuyFrmWrk likes this.
    10-12-16 01:11 PM
    Because no one outside of CrackBerry or BlackBerry Fans know about bb10.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) #ILoveBB10Apps #ILoveBB10
    True at this point... but back in the Spring of 2013, there were plenty of folks that did know about BB10 and BlackBerry new OS. They waited (and waited), they took it for a spin, and then they moved on... They had one chance to make a good impression, and BB10 was a buggy Beta release at best back then, and didn't run Instagram nor Candy Crush (the big apps of that time), so it was a failure. Thus any developers that had been on board, left. Still plenty of Apps in BBW that have a release data of early 2013.
    10-12-16 02:16 PM
    True at this point... but back in the Spring of 2013, there were plenty of folks that did know about BB10 and BlackBerry new OS. They waited (and waited), they took it for a spin, and then they moved on... They had one chance to make a good impression, and BB10 was a buggy Beta release at best back then, and didn't run Instagram nor Candy Crush (the big apps of that time), so it was a failure. Thus any developers that had been on board, left. Still plenty of Apps in BBW that have a release data of early 2013.
    I don't think people testing BB10 cared about Instagram or Candycrush. The OS was not so bad, but Link didn't work. Also, the OS is less mass appeal by nature. It would have taken more for it to catch on with a more sophisticated audience.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 03:41 PM
    Yeah and exactly who comes out with a brand new OS that works flawlessly without any problems? Android was released in September*23, 2008, 8 years ago and it still isn't as smooth running or stable as BB10. I didn't even consider trying android until it matured enough by 2013. I'm pretty sure BB10's problems were the lack of advertising and the downward spiral the were already on. Instagram wasn't the big deal it is today either. Candy Crush? Please...

It comes down to first out of the gate and who's got the money to float.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 03:07 PM
    Yeah and exactly who comes out with a brand new OS that works flawlessly without any problems? Android was released in September*23, 2008, 8 years ago and it still isn't as smooth running or stable as BB10. I didn't even consider trying android until it matured enough by 2013. I'm pretty sure BB10's problems were the lack of advertising and the downward spiral the were already on. Instagram wasn't the big deal it is today either. Candy Crush? Please...

It comes down to first out of the gate and who's got the money to float.

Posted via CB10
    True! Its about whose got the money to float ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-16-16 10:27 PM
    It is easy to stop or end anything thats once good. But it is difficult to make such a good thing.

To BlackBerry CEO

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 07:28 AM