SD card is now useless
    see post #50 -- I quoted from Conite's post by mistake!
    06-21-17 10:43 AM
    In order to fix a problem it has to be replicated reliably, not intermittent. I don't think anyone was able to replicate the issues that were reported.
    I do not know if apps installed via Cobalt Google Play perfectly working on 10.3.2 and then unusable in 10.3.3 can be considered a replicable issue, but I have found no 10.3.3 user so fare able to have an app like TuneIn Radio (just as an example) work properly after upgrading to 10.3.3 on a PPSE. The internet connection problem of some apps in 10.3.3 IS indeed a big problem. The only solution I seem to have, being unable to downgrade, is buying a brand new PPSE, which I tried, but it is out of stock everywhere. I Know I can only blame myself for upgrading (via a clean autoloader install by the way), but I strongly discourage anyone, not badly needing this NIAP thing, to get this otherwise damn useless upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 11:11 AM
    I do not know if apps installed via Cobalt Google Play perfectly working on 10.3.2 and then unusable in 10.3.3 can be considered a replicable issue, but I have found no 10.3.3 user so fare able to have an app like TuneIn Radio (just as an example) work properly after upgrading to 10.3.3 on a PPSE. The internet connection problem of some apps in 10.3.3 IS indeed a big problem. The only solution I seem to have, being unable to downgrade, is buying a brand new PPSE, which I tried, but it is out of stock everywhere. I Know I can only blame myself for upgrading (via a clean autoloader install by the way), but I strongly discourage anyone, not badly needing this NIAP thing, to get this otherwise damn useless upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Cobalt's tools are workarounds for unsupported Android apps. I'm 100% certain that there was and will be no effort by BlackBerry to maintain support for that.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-21-17 11:23 AM
    Cobalt's tools are workarounds for unsupported Android apps. I'm 100% certain that there was and will be no effort by BlackBerry to maintain support for that.

I think Cobalt's tools are the only way of making the android runtime in BB10 worth being there... but yes that's a different story.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-17 11:35 AM
    I think Cobalt's tools are the only way of making the android runtime in BB10 worth being there... but yes that's a different story.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, with the dominance of Google Play Store and Services, the other options have been degraded.

I think that the usefulness if the Android run time (which was never that great) is waning fast. I think that it's time for most BB10 users who want Android apps to switch platforms or double carry. But I don't think that 10.3.3 is as much to blame as the age of the runtime.

BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-21-17 11:41 AM
    You seem to have a number of unrelated and unique problems.

Either it's something you're doing, or your device needs repair.
    I started having all these issues after 10.3.3 but!

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2205
    06-21-17 03:09 PM
    I have two PP OG. One with the full Cobalt package, one pure BB10. Updated both via Blitz. Have not one issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 03:24 PM
    This reminds me of the blue LED issue that only reared its ugly head when people updated from 10.2.1 - causing the device to reset on every boot.
    Those were a few folks who installed a leak though, and the phones were instantly security wiped. I'm with brookie, this seems like an SD issue, possibly corrupted during the update, or the security enhancements are more sensitive to bad sectors.
    06-21-17 09:45 PM
    Those were a few folks who installed a leak though, and the phones were instantly security wiped. I'm with brookie, this seems like an SD issue, possibly corrupted during the update, or the security enhancements are more sensitive to bad sectors.
    That actually happened to a huge swath of folks - most of them never knowing what a leak even was.

A wack of Z10s had the issue.
    06-21-17 09:48 PM
    That actually happened to a huge swath of folks - most of them never knowing what a leak even was.

I think it was refurbs, mostly.
    06-21-17 09:51 PM

I think it was refurbs, mostly.
    Far as I knew it was all refurbs, with an Easter egg, that when a leak was loaded, kicked them in the booty.
    06-21-17 10:24 PM
    OTA and all working good.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 11:41 PM
    You seem to have a number of unrelated and unique problems.

Either it's something you're doing, or your device needs repair.
    Am wondering what sort of repair can help my device? This BBM issue I told sounds like a software and appears after 3-4 weeks of loader installation (never did a back-up or restore). And next issue is its not just for my PPSE, also for my friends Z30 and leap. I donno if they are facing totally same as mine, but they too have frequent signal drops and touch being not responsive time to time!

06-22-17 02:21 AM
    It's a shame that BB10 is going away. It has been the most productive OS I have used. I run two companies and hammer away 24-7 and it has been great for e-mails, texting, calls, & video calls. I know Blackberry had to go to android but now I feel like all of us still on BB10 have been left out in the cold and they have turned their backs on us. Very disappointed that Chen & Co would do this to us.
    Still rocking 24-7 with my PP SE & Semi Retired Z10 & 64gb Playbook.
    06-22-17 04:15 AM
    If there is a conspiracy, it is probably a conspiracy if incompetence not malevolence.
    06-23-17 09:01 AM
    It's a shame that BB10 is going away. It has been the most productive OS I have used. I run two companies and hammer away 24-7 and it has been great for e-mails, texting, calls, & video calls. I know Blackberry had to go to android but now I feel like all of us still on BB10 have been left out in the cold and they have turned their backs on us. Very disappointed that Chen & Co would do this to us.
    Still rocking 24-7 with my PP SE & Semi Retired Z10 & 64gb Playbook.
    Not Chen's fault the ecosystem was a cash burning failure. Had they kept running the company pro-BB10 or did what Chen did, results for BB10 hardware and software would be the same. Only difference is that BlackBerry Limited would no longer exist outside bankruptcy proceedings.......
    06-23-17 09:10 AM
    The corrupt filesystem in bb10.3.3 after Ota is a known and acknowledged issue. I have a ticket still open on it where support claims dev is working on it but the KB article basically states an autoloader is final fix currently.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...language=en_US

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 05:41 PM
    I think users who've been loyal to BB mobile business deserve to have the bb10.3.3 regressions fixed and/or Blackberry should issue a memo on that matter. So people, waiting for BB10.3.4 can decide whether to get a keyone or dtek?

But they probably won't release such memo until Q4 or so, giving the keyone a few months of road test so institutional/corporate bbry customers have an upgrade path that has been proven for a few months (we'll see!)

That said, should there be a 10.3.4, if fixes are done by outsourcing people who were not originally involved in the development of BB10, or interns with little supervision... no matter how talented they are... it's hard to tell the level of quality that 10.3.4 will have given the scope of products and workflows to be tested.

The more I think of it, the more it feels to me that 10.3.3.2205 will bb10's epitaph?

(keep on reloading the autoloader every month!)

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 09:53 AM
    I think users who've been loyal to BB mobile business deserve to have the bb10.3.3 regressions fixed and/or Blackberry should issue a memo on that matter. So people, waiting for BB10.3.4 can decide whether to get a keyone or dtek?

But they probably won't release such memo until Q4 or so, giving the keyone a few months of road test so institutional/corporate bbry customers have an upgrade path that has been proven for a few months (we'll see!)

That said, should there be a 10.3.4, if fixes are done by outsourcing people who were not originally involved in the development of BB10, or interns with little supervision... no matter how talented they are... it's hard to tell the level of quality that 10.3.4 will have given the scope of products and workflows to be tested.

The more I think of it, the more it feels to me that 10.3.3.2205 will bb10's epitaph?

(keep on reloading the autoloader every month!)

Posted via CB10
    loyalty? I keep seeing this... like people feel owed... maybe if it was a person to person relationship... but this is a company after all.... profits first... always... in this day and age, for big companies, customer loyalty appreciation comes in discounts on overpriced next iteration of their phones... that's about it... and to be honest, I don't even hate on that.... how many times have I seen people hate on their new samsung galaxy 7 and immediately jump ship after buying all 6 previous versions... customers will justify their abandonment...

customer loyalty (to big companies) is an idea only existent because of momentum...
    skrble likes this.
    06-24-17 10:22 AM
    Ya... agree!

It's just that, after announcing 10.3.4... it created expectations about bug fixes?

Usually there's an EOL announcement. It's about time they release it.

Posted via CB10
    joewoo likes this.
    06-24-17 10:31 AM
    Ya... agree!

It's just that, after announcing 10.3.4... it created expectations about bug fixes?

Posted via CB10
    They don't tend to formally announce EOLs. At best it's an update to this page: https://ca.blackberry.com/support/bu...ort-life-cycle
    06-24-17 02:29 PM
    Ya... agree!

Posted via CB10
    No one at BlackBerry leadership has mentioned 10.3.4 in well over a year. At that time they said it would ship at the end of 2016. The BB10 development servers at BlackBerry have seen no activity in months. BlackBerry support forms have been closed. Shop BlackBerry has been closed. When 10.3.3 was delayed we at least would get some basic information on progress. We hear nothing about 10.3.4.
    06-24-17 03:28 PM
    My thoughts exactly!
    06-24-17 07:30 PM
    Far as I knew it was all refurbs, with an Easter egg, that when a leak was loaded, kicked them in the booty.
    Can't say I've ever had that problem on my refurbished Z10 from AT&T. Loaded plenty of leaks over the nearly 4 years I've had this phone.

Although, I'm not sure if this phone really was a refurb, or just sold as one so AT&T could get rid of their stock. This was by August of 2013.

Joel
    06-24-17 07:36 PM
    Is BlackBerry working on a fix on issues they acknowledged found on the latest update they gave? Or have they already ignored and moved on? Users who face issues in 10.3.3 versions are suppose to face it forever?

I'm on PPSE, latest BB10OS, plus Cobalt, in USA, Inc, using Mint Sim, and everything works perfectly. What is supposed to be wrong?
    06-25-17 07:58 AM
93 1234