As a Dev-Ops and recently joining the Blackberry family past year and half, My experience was quite good in BB.

But, One thing that always hounds me -- Terrible good for nothing VPN protocols available for Blackberry.

While IOS,Windows and good for nothing Android users enjoy every VPN protocol, We { BB } are VPN deprived.

Please update your VPN protocols, We IT guys never likes to loose.
    06-14-15 01:01 AM
    How did you get every vpn protocol to work on windows mobile? I only can use IKEv2 or L2TP/IPSec on it..

Dubbed VPN Connect by Microsoft, IKEv2 is particularly good at automatically re-establishing a VPN connection when users temporarily lose their internet connections (such as when entering or leaving a train tunnel).

Mobile users in particular, therefore, benefit the most from using IKEv2, which because of its support for the Mobility and Multihoming (MOBIKE) protocol, also makes it highly resilient to changing networks. This is great news for cell phone users who, for example, connect their smart phones to a WiFi network while at home but switch to mobile data use when out and about, or who regularly switch between hotspots.
    But of course the more the merrier, though it was never particularly stable on my iPhone
    06-14-15 01:56 AM
    If you do anything less than IKE v2, then it's not a real VPN. All others have been compromised already.

Posted via my STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return
    06-14-15 02:18 AM
    You're annoyed that you can only use 256k encryption that allows alternating connections through wired and wireless connections and is ideal for mobile users? What VPN apps are you thinking of building so I can avoid them for the lower grade encryption, lesser security and lack of mobility that they'll offer?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 02:44 AM
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for posting --

To be crystal - The question was not for 'Low Grade encryption tech' - It was about the protocols.

The reason for specifically asking for more as my Q10 restarts while i'm on VPN. So, If they have some issues with IKEV they should be more open to other protocols. Unfortunately, By looking at the OS design, BB10 is stuck for IKEV only.
    04-30-17 03:22 PM
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for posting --

To be crystal - The question was not for 'Low Grade encryption tech' - It was about the protocols.

The reason for specifically asking for more as my Q10 restarts while i'm on VPN. So, If they have some issues with IKEV they should be more open to other protocols. Unfortunately, By looking at the OS design, BB10 is stuck for IKEV only.
    Actually they plumbed in hooks for OpenVPN, but it was so far into the downturn of BB10 that no one ever implemented it.

I maintain my own personal VPN server and support both BB10 using IPSEC and iOS using OpenVPN. For mobile ease of use and the ability to ensure that non-technical users can be secure BlackBerry is much better for many reasons, some of which have already been stated.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    04-30-17 07:56 PM