I don't need to preach to the choir here I know ... but there is something we all know about yet so many haters or others preferring different platforms and heavily analysts and blogs fail to respect.

So I ask you all ... BlackBerry Elitists, Fans, Canadian countrymen/citizens and delighted users of BlackBerry's across the globe ...

What makes a BlackBerry, a BlackBerry?! This is my second part in a series I'll be posting.

I'm waiting .... yes that's valid, so is that and that too ... BUT!

At the VERY core of what makes a BlackBerry truly a BlackBerry ... even before Email ... is ... THE KEYBOARD!

Why are so many still preferring some models over the other, why so many BlackBerry users haven't switched to the touchscreen phones of the competition or from BlackBerry (yet)?

It's ALL about the KEYBOARD!

It's the single part where we put the petal (productivity) to the Metal (the OS/Email/BBM/etc). After all the device got it's fame in it's pager rennaisance days specifically and solely due to it's keyboard!

Some may stray you and say ... it's a legacy ideal ... " a keyboard is a keyboard is a keyboard". Simply inform them ...

Every year BlackBerry has consistently evolved their IP Patents with respect to physical keyboards, and implemented those almost every year since the very first 850/950 pagers! Consistently advancing the keyboards design, look & feel, feedback and travel ... if you think about it this TRULY is a renaissance a real Tour de Force not just a simple one of product effort!

The most iconic that comes to memory are as follows:
    850/950
    6230/7290 The BlueBerry
    7100t/v/x
    8700 'EDGE'
    8800 series (return of the Mac)
    8100 Pearl (An error that welcomed the Consumer line: Camera, MicroSD Storage)
    8300 Curve (series)
    Storm 9500/9530 & Storm 2 - Haptic Touch Feedback

Yet BlackBerry didn't stop there. Even when those users of old lost faith due to growing pains with keeping up with media consumption with new competition. They NEVER forgot their roots!

This is self evident with the:

BlackBerry Porsche Design P'9981

BlackBerry Z10 - this ushered real innovation in autocomplete efficiency, BlackBerry 10 Peak and Flow gestures, and Deleting not just a space, or letter at a time but entire words (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 as many fingers as you can fit on the screen).

Today we now see real artistic innovation where art molds function ... where the traditional phrase 'Form meets Function' is really applicable in daily use.

Porsche Design P'9983

Porsche Design P'9983 Keyboard
    Glass-like keyboard is presenting the keys in 3D with LED backlit is goin to really reward the 'lifestyles of the rich and famous'
    (ok corney on that last part but you get the idea)

Within 2 days BlackBerry is going to announce, introduce the world to REAL Innovation ... the culmination of their efforts for almost 2 decades of continuous keyboard innovation of hardware and recent endeavors of software based keyboards ... leap frogging the competition.

I personally believe BlackBerry Security begins the moment you choose your device:
    Confidence that your personal & corporate data remains secure safe,
    Confidence that what you're inputting into the device can be relied upon as accurate as possible using the correct business terms for Finance, Legal, etc.

When you get down to it ... the assurity of data input ... where using your thoughts to generate results, not just consuming data relies first and foremost with the keyboard.

So BlackBerry ... when you choose to introduce the BlackBerry Passport ... show the world your legacy, your heritage, your future of the spirit of BlackBerry ...

BlackBerry Keyboard

Tell them why the keyboard is STILL supreme today:
    AutoText (now Shortcuts)
    Keyboard Shortcuts
    BlackBerry innovation

I want the world of smartphone users from this day forth to a) know WHY BlackBerry was, is, and will continue to be the WORLD standard in enterprise mobile messaging, and b) the world will no longer be made fools for believing that the modern BlackBerry is still making the 8300 Curve series highlighted by Apple in their latest WWDC!!

PS: I would've LOVE to have a huge quote list of what users have stated on this forum and over the internet why they LOVE the BlackBerry keyboard, yet again maybe we already know that.
    09-22-14 08:02 PM
    Cool write up. I get used to keyboards, physical and on screen on both my Z10 and Q10 .. love them all. Now passport.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    09-30-14 04:41 PM
    Really great article. Said it all

Sent from my Q10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    10-01-14 10:21 AM
    Thank you guys ... much appreciated
    10-01-14 12:47 PM