Wanted to write these words long time ago.. but it seems that the anger wasn't yet ready to explode.. it did now..
    Never seen a company leave out its' loyal customers like BlackBerry.. first the Play Book then OS 6,7 and recently the OS10 clients..
    Facebook, Dropbox, LinkedIn, WhatsApp and even BBM... these are among what I use that have gone till now... don't know if there are other apps that joined the party.. how could they do that??? Even BBM : not even a notice pushed to BB10 users with their lousy migration rules???!!!!!!
    And to their surprise: we customers are still clinging to our beloved OS BB10 and trying to work around this fight against us with all what we can think of... everyone is thinking of a way to still manage to operate these apps one way or another!!!! And again : to their surprise: some are succeeding and sharing their work- around ideas with others..
    Not even backstreet companies have done that harm to their customers like BlackBerry did.. to these officials of the company that I once loved: YOU ARE GOING DOWN NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES...HISTORY SAYS THAT...

Posted via CB10
    Qorax, YesAndNo, Flatman and 4 others like this.
    01-20-18 09:35 AM
    Okay, cool.
    LSDBerry likes this.
    01-20-18 09:49 AM
    lol

Posted via CB10
    01-20-18 10:54 AM
    Developers leave - not much BlackBerry can do about that.

BB10 lost billions of dollars, and frankly, was supported a lot longer than I thought it ever would be.
    01-20-18 11:00 AM
    Feel better now?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    01-20-18 11:10 AM
    And to their surprise: we customers are still clinging to our beloved OS BB10 and trying to work around this fight against us with all what we can think of...
    The only harm here is self-inflicted, since you're only delaying the inevitable by piling on workaround after workaround.
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-20-18 11:13 AM
    The only harm here is self-inflicted, since you're only delaying the inevitable by piling on workaround after workaround.
    I agree that searching for workarounds is delaying the inevitable.. you are absolutely right in these words... but excuse me : am I supposed to simply throw away my phone (and it happened that I liked it together with it's OS) and simply go the market and get another one.. is it that simple!!!!
    Is it common sense for an app like BBM to not post a notice to its BB 10 accounts informing them of the migration rules set??? Is it common sense or fair enough for someone who with a Passport wakes up to find that he cannot even use or open BBM on his or her phone...
    No Sir, we are not the ones who are doing the harm... we are only trying to be last man standing there.. everyone for his or her reasons...
    Just give me one example of Samsung, iPhone or any brand who has left out it's customers on their product like we Blackberrians had suffered..
    You personally were one of the volunteers who dedicated a good deal of your time (if I am not mistaken) @ the official BB support serving and helping many (and I am one of them) with their issues... don't you feel that all of that have gone in vain..
    Regards..

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and rayporsche like this.
    01-20-18 11:42 AM
    Wanted to write these words long time ago.. but it seems that the anger wasn't yet ready to explode.. it did now..
    Never seen a company leave out its' loyal customers like BlackBerry.. first the Play Book then OS 6,7 and recently the OS10 clients..
    Facebook, Dropbox, LinkedIn, WhatsApp and even BBM... these are among what I use that have gone till now... don't know if there are other apps that joined the party.. how could they do that??? Even BBM : not even a notice pushed to BB10 users with their lousy migration rules???!!!!!!
    And to their surprise: we customers are still clinging to our beloved OS BB10 and trying to work around this fight against us with all what we can think of... everyone is thinking of a way to still manage to operate these apps one way or another!!!! And again : to their surprise: some are succeeding and sharing their work- around ideas with others..
    Not even backstreet companies have done that harm to their customers like BlackBerry did.. to these officials of the company that I once loved: YOU ARE GOING DOWN NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES...HISTORY SAYS THAT...

Posted via CB10
    They were fired or resigned years ago. Current management did a better job keeping BB alive from bankruptcy to keep supporting BBOS and BIS. Unfortunately BB10 was the money pit that should have never been created. Should have kept BBOS and BIS going like they have now, and just added BBAndroid. If BB had done that, you might see BB as possible top 5 Android player.
    Even that is probably past tense since other major Android OEMs have since fallen.
    Bbnivende, Carjackd and gallouly like this.
    01-20-18 11:51 AM
    I agree that searching for workarounds is delaying the inevitable.. you are absolutely right in these words... but excuse me : am I supposed to simply throw away my phone (and it happened that I liked it together with it's OS) and simply go the market and get another one.. is it that simple!!!!
    Is it common sense for an app like BBM to not post a notice to its BB 10 accounts informing them of the migration rules set??? Is it common sense or fair enough for someone who with a Passport wakes up to find that he cannot even use or open BBM on his or her phone...
    No Sir, we are not the ones who are doing the harm... we are only trying to be last man standing there.. everyone for his or her reasons...
    Just give me one example of Samsung, iPhone or any brand who has left out it's customers on their product like we Blackberrians had suffered..
    You personally were one of the volunteers who dedicated a good deal of your time (if I am not mistaken) @ the official BB support serving and helping many (and I am one of them) with their issues... don't you feel that all of that have gone in vain..
    Regards..

Posted via CB10
    So they should have continued to lose billions of dollars for you?
    glwerry and hplovecraft like this.
    01-20-18 12:12 PM
    As far as I know, Samsung and Apple haven't lost more than half of their customers in the course of only a few years.

In my mind, it was BlackBerry that was screwed by their customers in the great migration to the iPhone that began in last half of 2007, and was solidified when the iPhone began natively supporting EAS the following year.

Sure, you can fault BB for their lack of response to that development, but once you lose enough customers, the few that are left don't really matter anymore.

BlackBerry is a for-profit company. Not a charity

So, go ahead and yell at the clouds all you want. As long as it makes you feel better.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-20-18 12:30 PM
    Let it go. It's just a phone. It doesn't define who you are as a human being.
    Mecca EL, gallouly and Jon Wiggy like this.
    01-20-18 12:36 PM
    Apple ticks off their customers all the time (charging port, purposely slowing devices, earbud thing, "you're holding it wrong" reception issue). But people are loyal because of the entire ecosystem. BlackBerry never had that.
    01-20-18 01:52 PM
    You call yourself a BlackBerry customer, but really you're just an owner of an old device. To BlackBerry you are a former customer, since you're no longer buying from them.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-20-18 02:51 PM
    Can you email your BBM info from an android/apple to your BB10 phone and then start a new BBID so that you can use BBM again. I know that's a work-a-round and I know you're trying not to do those but unfortunately that's our only choice now days. I enjoy my BB10 phones to date and fortunately I don't use a lot of apps.

I'm wondering about that trade-in program, Have a verizon Z10 and Q10 to trade in as long as I can trade-in for a GSM phone. Anybody have any info on that yet?

Posted via CB10
    gallouly likes this.
    01-20-18 03:16 PM
    So they should have continued to lose billions of dollars for you?
    For me and millions more.
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-20-18 04:29 PM
    I'm wondering about that trade-in program, Have a verizon Z10 and Q10 to trade in as long as I can trade-in for a GSM phone. Anybody have any info on that yet?
    No, no one knows anything more than the original announcement said. It may never happen.

But even if it does happen, if you think BB is going to credit you any significant discount for your 3-4 year-old phone, you will be VERY disappointed. I expect that Priv and DTEK owners may be offered $50 off of MSRP, and likely nothing for BB10 phones, but that's just a guess.

If you are looking to upgrade, your best bet is to sell your phone privately and upgrade yourself. You will almost certainly save more money and you won't be waiting on a program that may never come, and may not apply to you if it ever does.
    Qorax likes this.
    01-20-18 04:36 PM
    BB was already out of money - they had to borrow $1.25B just to survive. So, whether you really believe they somehow owed it to you to be criminally negligent with the company's last bit of money, it was never going to happen.
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-20-18 04:40 PM
    That’s a incredibly shortsighted attitude. If Blackberry had gone down that path, it would have meant an even earlier end to BB10.
    Mecca EL and Carjackd like this.
    01-20-18 04:42 PM
    If you are looking to upgrade, your best bet is to sell your phone privately and upgrade yourself.
    Or keep it and collect them as a piece of history.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-20-18 04:45 PM
    They were fired or resigned years ago. Current management did a better job keeping BB alive from bankruptcy to keep supporting BBOS and BIS. Unfortunately BB10 was the money pit that should have never been created. Should have kept BBOS and BIS going like they have now, and just added BBAndroid. If BB had done that, you might see BB as possible top 5 Android player.
    Even that is probably past tense since other major Android OEMs have since fallen.
    Resistance is futile. All must submit to mighty Google.

Posted via CB10
    Jake2826 likes this.
    01-20-18 06:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.....
    01-20-18 06:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apple fanboys would disagree with that. 😀
    01-20-18 06:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Or just avoid Google again and buy an iOS, Sailfish, or Tizen device?
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-20-18 07:24 PM
    As much as I was a BlackBerry OS and BB10 loyalist, the nature of technology is that it moves on, and the most popular ecosystems evolve and survive. Off the top of my head, I can also think of other situations where devices/OSs are no longer supported... didn't Apple/iOS just kill a bunch of 32-bit apps with their latest updates? Will old apps for ancient versions of Android work with Nougat/Oreo? The nature of technology is change, and I enjoy the changes as they come. That being said, I never keep a device for more than 18 months max, so I may be more immune to the rapid pace of change.

Again, I did, and still do, love BB10, and agree that it was the 'best' OS for me at the time. There is a reason that I still carry a BlackBerry logo-ed device, even if it's built by another company. I do not like that my PlayBooks did not get BB10 as promised, nor do I like the abandonment of BB10. However, I am willing to move with the 'new' BlackBerry devices running Android.
    pdr733, lloupez and gallouly like this.
    01-20-18 07:55 PM
    Apple ticks off their customers all the time (charging port, purposely slowing devices, earbud thing, "you're holding it wrong" reception issue). But people are loyal because of the entire ecosystem. BlackBerry never had that.
    I called Apple service and the rep must have spent an hour or more with me. I had the same experience with BlackBerry but that was when I had a 9900 and they had a Texas Call Centre. BlackBerry once had good service. I gather that Google offers that level of service for the Pixel.
    01-20-18 08:18 PM
277 123 ...