today I tried calling the 9995551234 and Verizon says its been changed, cancelled, etc. with no replacement number.

Anyone have a new number?

Thanks.
    12-04-14 12:22 PM
    So you connect your car to your device via BT, and can connect to the BB Voice using that phone number as dialed from the car system. It does not seem to have anything at all to do with the carrier.
    12-04-14 01:24 PM
    A Verizon recording says the number has been changed or disconnected. BlackBerry seems to have let it go or changed it.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 10:26 AM
    A Verizon recording says the number has been changed or disconnected. BlackBerry seems to have let it go or changed it.

Posted via CB10
    I think you're confused about how this works. You do not get the phone to call that number as it does not exist. BlackBerry uses that phone as a special internal number. The only way you'll get that to work is by programming that number to be dialed using the cars bluetooth. I set a phone book entry in my car called blackberry with that number. When i say call blackberry on my car it connects via bluetooth to my car and calls that special number. The phone notices the number you're attempting to call and patches it through to BlackBerry assistant. You need to make the call from your cars bluetooth.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 07:59 PM
    You are right INTz. Thank you for clarifying that. My car has an older Bluetooth connection system in it. When I asked it to dial the number, it went to Blackberry control like it was supposed to. Thanks for the great response.
    12-06-14 01:40 PM
    You are right INTz. Thank you for clarifying that. My car has an older Bluetooth connection system in it. When I asked it to dial the number, it went to Blackberry control like it was supposed to. Thanks for the great response.
    You're welcome.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 02:32 PM
    Can you explain what this service has to offer? What benefit does it provide us with?
    12-06-14 11:00 PM
    Can you explain what this service has to offer? What benefit does it provide us with?
    It let's you use the features of BlackBerry assistant with your cars handsfree system.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 11:52 PM