SMH. How can you not search the internet while driving blackberry voice?? The only time I would use voice to search the internet is while driving!!

Major lack of sight by BlackBerry here. I definitely want to see improvements in voice. I really like Androids implementation especially with the Mic button icon right on the keyboard for while driving to input text in chat field.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 09:43 AM
    SMH. How can you not search the internet while driving blackberry voice?? The only time I would use voice to search the internet is while driving!!

Major lack of sight by BlackBerry here. I definitely want to see improvements in voice. I really like Androids implementation especially with the Mic button icon right on the keyboard for while driving to input text in chat field.

Posted via CB10
    Mic button for chat fields is located on period button for BB10. And why wouldn't VC work while driving?
    03-12-14 10:34 AM
    Iuno, I clicked the middle button (between volume keys) tried to do a Google search for a YouTube video to play in my car while driving (to listen of course) and it wouldn't let me.

As for the above the period that's great and all but when driving I don't really want to click and hold the period. Also what I liked about the way android does it is after it types it up it has a button titled delete which let's you delete the whole msg it typed up via voice, so you can repeat it, much easier than swiping to delete. Also, when you select mic it remains open so you can continue using the Mic rather than having to press and hold in period again. Just a few things!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 03:42 PM
    Iuno, I clicked the middle button (between volume keys) tried to do a Google search for a YouTube video to play in my car while driving (to listen of course) and it wouldn't let me.

As for the above the period that's great and all but when driving I don't really want to click and hold the period. Also what I liked about the way android does it is after it types it up it has a button titled delete which let's you delete the whole msg it typed up via voice, so you can repeat it, much easier than swiping to delete. Also, when you select mic it remains open so you can continue using the Mic rather than having to press and hold in period again. Just a few things!

Posted via CB10
    If you use VC to send it gives you the chance to edit by voice, but not if you have the app open using the mic button on the period. As far as it not working while driving, is it that it can't make out what's being spoken? Or something else?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 07:02 PM
    No it literally says it cannot do it while driving (some safety precaution)

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 09:02 PM