LOL, nice try. Yes, I have found the triage setting which consumes a wide portion of the screen. I currently leave it turned on for one touch delete. The select more option requires you to 1) hold down on the first message, 2) wait for the delay, 3) click select more from the menu 4) select messages 5) select delete. Conversely, on WP, you tap the left edge of the message and it is selected while simultaneously bringing up the select more check boxes. You run down the list checking the ones you want. You hit delete.
    Same with BB10. You just hit delete for the ones you want to delete. Done. You don't even need to select them first....then touch delete (to delete all selected), because you're already done. It's actually faster as it requires less touches than what you just described. If you delete something you didn't want...you have a few moments to undo it.

How is the send button at the top the best when my hand and fingers are at the bottom?
    Asked and answered already; because you don't accidentally hit "send" before you are ready to send. Just like on many other platforms or clients. I'm sure there are a lot of WP people complaining how "stupid" it is that the send button is so close to all the other keys they are using to compose the message. But if you have a classic (oh, those sweet buttons) your problem is solved again. Just two squeezes of the menu button and away it goes. First squeeze brings up menu with Send highlighted, and second squeeze actually selects the highlighted "send" action which then sends it. Super fast and efficient, and very had to accidentally send a message before you are ready.
    04-27-15 02:47 PM
    Would love to, but required by company to use it. We are going backwards: ActiveSync -> Good -> BES.

Posted via CB10
    Actually you are going forward

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    nycspaces. likes this.
    04-27-15 02:52 PM
    In many ways, Android *is* a roll-your-own OS given the degree of customisation possible, particularly with rooted devices.

But it's also reduced to a stuttering mess far more frequently and in far more situations than OS10.

Sticking with a subset of native apps and embracing the subtle indicators and gestures and workflow implied by the hub has yielded an increase in productivity AFAIC.
    04-27-15 03:02 PM
    And well, I think, 2000 emails/calls/texts/notifications... is a bit overstated?
    If you have 20 hrs day (which you don't) it still would be about 100 of these per hour, all 20 hours. Or two per minute.

It's just unrealistic

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    04-27-15 03:07 PM
    LOL, nice try. Yes, I have found the triage setting which consumes a wide portion of the screen. I currently leave it turned on for one touch delete. The select more option requires you to 1) hold down on the first message, 2) wait for the delay, 3) click select more from the menu 4) select messages 5) select delete. Conversely, on WP, you tap the left edge of the message and it is selected while simultaneously bringing up the select more check boxes. You run down the list checking the ones you want. You hit delete.
    You are just bitter you had to switch and it shows very much so in this post.

As you say, on WP you tap each message once and then tap the delete. And, on BB10 you tap the triage icon and then tap each message once to delete them. If you leave triage turned on, you don't even have to tap the triage icon. So... you are comparing tap each message once then an additional tap to delete them with the hugely more time consuming and far more steps necessary method of tapping the triage icon and then tapping each message once. As far as I can tell that is either one extra tap or one less tap depending on if you leave the triage menu open or not.

It sounds like you just want your WP back, thus looking for any minor reason to complain about how unusable BB is, and we are getting to hear you whine about it. Sorry, but everything you said, even the good points, has fallen on deaf years because you fail to see any of the benefits.
    HabsFan9860 likes this.
    04-27-15 03:56 PM
    You bring up some good points and some I don't agree with like the hub. Hold onto your hat cause I'm sure a blasting will be coming about how wrong you are.
    I agree with some of his points, but not the armchair executive way he went about it. :-)
    kbz1960 and anon(9188202) like this.
    04-27-15 04:01 PM
    and hopefully improve BB to the point of being a usable platform ....

.... Users should be able to ...

... Having the email send at the tope is pure stupidity ...

.... Get rid of Hub. It clutters communications ...

.... Limit gestures. A simple home button would be much more efficient ...

... but there should only be one interface ...

... Text message threading is horrible ...

... Sad...

... Go use a Windows Phone and see how smooth and effortless managing communications is .≥..
    I'm not sure whether to nominate you for the "armchair executive" post of the week; or the "I like to act as though my personal opinions are facts" post of the week. Yeesh

... but the pain of using it has driven many away ...
    Or slap you with a glove for making my poor stats prof roll over in his grave with "I feel this way, so therefore the entire universe must think this way" thinking.

I actually think a lot of points are suggestions I'd like to see implemented too.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    04-27-15 04:09 PM
    And well, I think, 2000 emails/calls/texts/notifications... is a bit overstated?
    If you have 20 hrs day (which you don't) it still would be about 100 of these per hour, all 20 hours. Or two per minute.

It's just unrealistic

Even if it is not overstated, the hub is actually the most efficient way to handle it. Given your computation, if he was using another OS ex WP8.1, every minute he needs to open up either the mail app, messenger app, SMS app, etc. So every few minutes he needs to switch between apps in another OS, that's added clicks and more time consuming.

With the Hub, he doesn't need to open different apps. All he needs is maybe pinch to filter unread. The pinch out again. Or maybe swipe to left then click the account he wants to view. It's actually much more efficient.

I have a Lumia 1020 and I can say my BlackBerry handles communication better because of the Hub. I don't get thousands of email/texts/notifications per day but I do get hundreds (from 300-500max depending on how busy a day gets). I have four email accounts which is why I like having everything in one place. I have color coded my email accounts so that with one look I know what account it comes from. I did not color code social accounts, SMS, messaging accounts, etc because they already have a different icon on the hub. Make full use of the Hub and you can see that it's a very simple yet powerful tool.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Zedd88; 04-27-15 at 07:16 PM.
    04-27-15 06:57 PM
    Did you try to use the rules under priority hub? You can set up some really good rules in there to filter what's really important. For all the other ones you can get to them when you have time. My guess is that only some of the 2000 emails per day are that critical that you really need to pay attention to them...

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Usability-img_20150427_201713.png  
    04-27-15 07:19 PM
    I'm not sure whether to nominate you for the "armchair executive" post of the week; or the "I like to act as though my personal opinions are facts" post of the week. Yeesh

Or slap you with a glove for making my poor stats prof roll over in his grave with "I feel this way, so therefore the entire universe must think this way" thinking.

I actually think a lot of points are suggestions I'd like to see implemented too.
    Umm, it was much easier on WP and the fact that Blackberry was in financial risk and is at the bottom of the market share means people are voting with their wallets. Blackberry needs to work toward being able to hand the device to someone completely unfamiliar and them find it usable within 1 hour. There can be many advance capabilities which they discover with time, but core functionality should be that simple and direct.
    04-27-15 07:40 PM
    Umm, it was much easier on WP
    You've said this a few times but haven't explained how. Would you mind going over that?

and the fact that Blackberry was in financial risk and is at the bottom of the market share means people are voting with their wallets.
    What does the first part of your sentence have to do with the second part of your sentence? Beyond that, what does the second part of your sentence I just quoted have to do with anything? Or was that just your way of somehow justifying your comments? People "voted with their wallets" long before BB10 came out because of reaons that had nothing to do with BB10. The people voting with their wallets and subsequently reviewing their purchases of BB10 devices on places like Amazon have rave reviews with very high satisfaction. Perhaps your expectation that you would get a WP OS inside a non-WP was unrealistic.

Blackberry needs to work toward being able to hand the device to someone completely unfamiliar and them find it usable within 1 hour.
    Why? Why do they need to work towards this? And what makes you think that reasonably smart people can't figure it out considering nearly all smart phones operate in the same basic manner? (They all have screens with icons for apps that open and close, etc) My wife isn't a high tech person but picked up my old Q10 and adopted it herself. Now it's her main phone.

There can be many advance capabilities which they discover with time, but core functionality should be that simple and direct.
    Which part of the core functionality isn't simple and direct? Please be more specific.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    04-27-15 08:05 PM
    Umm, no. Having used them, they simply work.
    Lots of us have used other platforms and prefer BB10. What you criticize about BB10 is preferred by many here, accepting that, like marmite, it is an acquired taste.

I have suggested that BlackBerry might do well to put a Home button on BB10 devices like 'training wheels' for the novices... I believe it would help a lot of users get over their initial unease with BB10 gestures, but before long these same users will find the home button on a BB10 device as annoying as many BB10 users find the iOS home button and the three screen-consuming Android home / multitask / back buttons to be. I get that BB10 gestures take getting used to, but it is hard to go back to a home button, harder than learning gestures, I think.

Your complaints about the hub are baffling unless you simply don't know that you can tap the 'Action Overflow' menu on the bottom left of the hub and choose any one account to review.

I use that feature quite often to just see BBMs or Tweets or emails to my professional vs. business accounts. I do not have to switch between apps like an 'email' app vs
    a 'IM' app like on android and iOS. Those devices that require separate apps for different message types are very 2007 because that's when iOS was invented.

regarding bulk message deletion, on BlackBerry it is long press, tap menu item ('select more'), tap every message, lastly tap 'mark read' or 'delete'. Easy peasy. On any os you have to put the device into a 'multi select' mode or suffer the delay of deleting a message before you can select the next one, and then 'exit' multi-select mode by choosing an action for all the selected items. On some platforms you can swipe away each message but I prefer to tap not swipe for every item: it is faster and more accurate to tap than swipe.

Your comment about BB10 menus needs to be clarified because BlackBerry 10 is the most consistent in menu presentation of any of the platforms, but there are different KINDS of menus the distinctions of which may not be clear. If you are being made to use a BB10 device and have no choice, instead of suffering in confusion, I suggest you read the BB10 developer design guide so you know what the left and right 'side menus' are vs. the 'swipe down' menu: the three different menus are meant to contain (generally) 'data categories' or views, 'commands', and 'app settings': if app developers properly follow the guidelines, all BB10 apps ahould make sense and be consistent. There are rare exceptions, and it may be that there is some cleanup work to be done, but anyone who favours iOS or Android saying that BB10s menus are confusing is a bit rich imo.

BlackBerry has a ways to go in improving the hub further, like being able to have multiple accounts for twitter, Facebook, etc. without having to 'log out' etc., but some of those 'one account per device' limitations are imposed by the app developers, not BB.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 04-27-15 at 08:54 PM.
    Zedi Master and gvs1341 like this.
    04-27-15 08:26 PM
    Yes, been through all of this.

Maybe I should just ask - when you get 2000 messages a day across email, text, social, phone, etc., how do you organize it?

Posted via CB10
    You're kidding, right?

If you receive 2000 messages a day that need your attention, you literally have no time for anything else. At that, you only have a couple of minutes to read and respond to every communication item received.

In fact, you don't have time to ask questions on Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:34 PM
    Say Whaaaat?! The hub is the best thing smoking!!

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    04-27-15 08:52 PM
    While ALL OS's evolve constantly and have pros and cons, these guys believe BB10 is pretty good: The World's Best Mobile OS
    We looked at over 1000 parameters to compare Android, iOS, BlackBerry and Windows Phone in terms of usability and features in order to arrive at a winner
    By Team Digit13 - Aug - 2014
    - See more at: The World's Best Mobile OS | Digit.in

Your Windows OS is rated last by the way.
    deiop likes this.
    04-27-15 09:18 PM
    Umm, I think it was much easier on WP, but what makes me right and someone who prefers how BLackBerry 10 does things wrong? (Other than the fact that I seem to think my personal opinions and preferences are facts)
    Fixed that for ya! :-) Free of charge.

Like I said - I actually agree with your points and suggestions. Just not the armchair head-of-ux way you're going about it. :-)

a
    04-27-15 09:44 PM
    you really don't like the Hub huh?

clutters communications...? clutter suggests lack of labeling, filters, organization, etc- which the Hub has plenty of... you can't possibly get lost in your own Hub. c'mon now.
    04-28-15 12:07 AM
    Sorry to have not posted my entire lineage. I have been a mobile device manager since 2005. This background has had me manage BES servers and BlackBerry devices for many years. When the companies I supported moved to Exchange 2007, 2010, and 2013 the BES demand dropped significantly. Began working with ActiveSync and native integrations of other platforms.

Just recently, corporate decided there would be no more BYOD and forced all back to BES. So, here I am.
    This is sweetest thing I have heard in this thread
    04-28-15 12:39 AM
    Yes, been through all of this.

Maybe I should just ask - when you get 2000 messages a day across email, text, social, phone, etc., how do you organize it?

Posted via CB10
    All my emails are in hub. Rest of the social media accounts, bbm, sms are separate.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 12:49 AM
    This is sweetest thing I have heard in this thread
    where's the audio ?
    04-28-15 12:49 AM
    where's the audio ?
    Oh! Yeah! Wim Mertens is playing Struggle For Pleasure in my head and I am like Wow! this guy's work has gone from BYOD to BES and he is venting his anger here
    extisis likes this.
    04-28-15 03:55 AM
    when you get 2000 messages a day across email, text, social, phone, etc., how do you organize it?
    Curious as to what you do that you get so many messages?
    04-28-15 05:38 AM
    I have everything in the Hub, even phone calls. It's so easy to filter the views, pinch for unread, use Priority Hub, and search the Hub. To search while in the Hub I just type 's' on my Q10 and what/whom I'm looking for.
    04-28-15 05:58 AM

How is the send button at the top the best when my hand and fingers are at the bottom?
    Quick tip...if you rotate the phone (Z10 in my case), you can see the entire message header and the triage options, which seems to address your concern?
    04-28-15 08:25 AM
    Having been recently forced onto BB by corporate edict, I find myself longing for any other platform. But as it stands, I would like to vent and hopefully improve BB to the point of being a usable platform. I know the likelihood of the developers reading this are small, but none the less...
    Before we go any further, what device and OS are we talking about here?
    04-28-15 08:28 AM
94 1234