Thank you for the feedback. However, extended search is not showing web searches. Also, when I open maps from a search term, it only shows a blank page.
    This?

Blackberry Usability-img_20150427_112239.png

Not sure what you mean about maps. Maps sucks though, can't even get directions between 2 known points (plan route) if location is disabled.

What os are you running (type myver to find out)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    04-27-15 10:29 AM
    What utter twaddle, Drop the HUB? You sir belong in an asylum.

Why Blackberry? Because I can!
    04-27-15 10:47 AM
    Umm, no. Having used them, they simply work.
    Uum no. Having used them they simply suck!

Why Blackberry? Because I can!
    04-27-15 10:48 AM
    I agree with some of your comments but to say that BB10 is not usable is a bit of a stretch.

2) triage button makes deleting mails a simple tap.

3) email send at the top is not stupidity. IOS has email send button at the top. It's really a matter of preference and apparently you're used to WP which has it's send button at the bottom

4) the Hub is the best part of the OS. If you want to individually view your emails, then swipe your hub to the left and choose the account you want to view one at a time. Pinch to zoom is also a good feature to view your unread items. You can also color code your accounts in the hub.

5) I agree BBM should be uninstallable. So should iMessage in IOS, OneNote of WP8, and other bloatwares in Android. The thing is most phone OS do include apps that we sometimes don't use but can't uninstall.

6) I don't get your issue with the settings.

7). Swipe up to go to home menu.

10) small is relative and again a matter of preference. Try changing font size of display (but it does change everything not just the text entry)

11) I agree.

13) some apps really are suppose to run in the background. It's now up to you to set the permission. Apps that don't run in the background close when you click X.

14) See my comment in number 4).

The other issues are trivial and is no way making the phone not usable.

BTW what phone are you using? A Z30? A Passport?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 10:49 AM
    I have some empathy for you, being forced by work to use a device you didn't choose, and are not familiar with. There are plenty of people on this forum who choose BB, but their work forces them to use Android or Apple and their feelings seem to be much like yours.

Personally I think it's about what you are used to. I'm used to BB10 on the oldest of the BB10 devices (the Z10) and I wouldn't have raised many of the items you listed.

For example Number 7; I dislike home buttons. A home button just takes up space on the face of a device and is a clumsy way of moving around a device's functionality (my opinion). Ask yourself, Do you expect to use one on a laptop? Is a laptop easy to use? On BB10 you get a virtual button on screen that lets you do the next expected action, instead of just "going home".
    04-27-15 10:52 AM
    Yes, been through all of this.

Maybe I should just ask - when you get 2000 messages a day across email, text, social, phone, etc., how do you organize it?

Posted via CB10
    If you get this many every day I guess you have a major headache on any of the popular operating systems =D
    ssbtech, niss63 and DrBoomBotz like this.
    04-27-15 11:00 AM
    The only way to make it usable is to basically disable the hub and drop into each account separately. Now on other platforms, my home screen had a separate icon for each account. In 1 second I could assess what needed to be done.
    Posted via CB10
    In the hub you can swipe from the left edge and you get a seperate tab for each thing, without having to use the home screen.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    04-27-15 11:05 AM
    1- I agree this would be nice. One of my top requests and something you could replicate with BBOS
    2- Not sure how Windows phone works with 2 taps for deleting emails, but BB10 is very simple. When you are done looking at an email and return to the list, you have the option of delete (or anything else you choose to put there) ready for you simple tap. If you come back later and those options aren't active, you simply tap the upper-right "check list" icon and delete can be touched for anything you want. You can also pitch to view only unread items if this helps show the few you might want to delete.

3 - Other email platforms do this same thing, and it's most likely for one logical reason: to prevent you from accidental sending the message before you are ready. Putting the "launch missile" button next to the "turn on the light" button is also a recipe for disaster. Some might argue that having the send button so close to the others is pure stupidity.

4- Get rid of Hub? What? The hub can be customized in any way you like. You can quick display any account you want...OR....just see a feed (like Flipboard, etc) of various things in the order they happened. This way, you could quickly see various recent communications in one place even if they weren't' from the same type of method. You could pitch to see only unread from any type as well. No one else has this available and it's amazing.

5- how much memory is BBM using? What do you mean "close it"? You don't ever have to open it if you don't want. It can be completely invisible.

6- Too many places to get to things? That's a problem? That's called options. Windows (Microsoft) also has multiple ways to get to the same destination. Some prefer one method, some prefer another. However, there's really only a couple ways to get to settings, and either of them require a swipe from the top. What other ways are confusing you?

7- I agree on this as well....which is why I have a Classic. It HAS a home button, and it's awesome. Beyond that, though, gestures aren't really required any more than on any other platform. You can always use on-screen buttons for many things that also work with a gesture.

8- They have this.....you just apparently don't have that phone. It's called the Classic and has a home button too.

10- which text input box?

11- Could you be more specific other than "horrible"?

12- That's a great idea, but you only have to spell your child's name wrong once and then tell it to add to dictionary. Not the end of the world.

13: Some apps are headless for a reason. They aren't meant to be "closed", they operate in the background without cluttering your frames. is there something in particular you were noticing?

14- this is a repeat of another item you mentioned above. You can choose to access pretty much everything except emails without ever going to the hub if you prefer this more archaic method that Steve Jobs gave us.

15- Um, it does do this. Which phone and carrier are you using? Some have reported different results on quick search, perhaps due to something the carrier did.

16- This has nothing to do with your phone. If you typed Lowes on the web.....the web does what the web does. Blame your search engine.

17- You can put them anywhere you want, but you can't leave spaces. If you want that, you can install an app this puts in invisible icons to fill those spaces.

It is great to have a secure and possibly powerful platform, but the pain of using it has driven many away.
    Did you take a survey, or is this just your frustration talking?

If I had any other choice, I would be gone as well. Go use a Windows Phone and see how smooth and effortless managing communications is. Go use an android and see how you can tailor it your way. Go use an iPhone and see its simplicity (and limitations). Blackberry can be good once more, but it has to not give people migraines in its operation.
    Been there, done that. I don't' agree at all for any of them. They are a total mess. Which I why I think you don't fully grasp the potential in your hands yet.

Blackberry is not different in terms of handling communications than it was before, so I'm not sure what you mean by "good once more". It's always had the Universal Inbox....now they just call it The Hub instead.

What is giving you migraines? Please be more specific so others could help.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    04-27-15 11:20 AM
    Yes, been through all of this.

Maybe I should just ask - when you get 2000 messages a day across email, text, social, phone, etc., how do you organize it?

Posted via CB10
    With this thing called The Hub....which can also magically search across everything in the hub for things even if you can't remember which of the various methods it arrived on...instead of opening 5 different icons and performing the same tasks over and over, and not having any way to compare timelines for arrival of messages between them.

If I get a call at 1pm, then a text at 1:05, then a BBM at 1:10, then a Twitter message at 1:15, then an email from account 1 at 1:20, then another text at 1:25, then an email from account 2 at 1:30.....they are shown in the order they all arrived. Assuming I look at all of these methods equally in terms of their importance, I can quickly see what's recent, and decide what to do. If account 1 isn't important, or twitter isn't important, I can remove them from the feed and just go there occasionally. But, honestly I put everything in the hub. If someone just communicated with me....why do I have to check which door they are knocking on? I just check the same door every time. (Although some don't get to knock...they are muted...some are not).
    Last edited by redlightblinking; 04-27-15 at 11:52 AM.
    04-27-15 11:37 AM
    Would it help if it were painted gold? What if it were called the iHub? Would that make it better?

In all fairness I must admit. If my job handed me an iPhone or WP I'd be a little bent.

BleedBlk-
    Reed Richards likes this.
    04-27-15 11:44 AM
    In response to the questions - Z30 w/10.3.1.2726.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 11:47 AM
    This?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150427_112239.png 
Views:	656 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	349742

Not sure what you mean about maps. Maps sucks though, can't even get directions between 2 known points (plan route) if location is disabled.

What os are you running (type myver to find out)

Mine only shows the last five icons.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 11:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Are you on Verizon by any chance? A while back the Classic users were discovering that Verizon units didn't show the search engine icons during search...mine is one of them. However, now I find that if I type most phrases the "search" icon (magnifying glass) comes up first and if I touch that it quickly goes to my default search engine (google) and the result is there. Occasionally....and I can 't figure out why....I don't get the icon, just suggestions in the phone like emails or contacts. So, I must add the word "search" to my query and it quickly does the google search. For the most part, though, it works very fast. Something pops into my head....I just type it on my Classic keyboard and in moments I'm seeing it on the web. Or if I type a name...I'm seeing the options to contact them.
    04-27-15 12:11 PM

So, how would you setup the hub to manage this many streams and effectively do so with the minimal taps/actions?

Posted via CB10
    I have 7 e-mail accounts on my Q10 ( 2 work, 2 Non-Profit/volunteer, 3 personal) Each are listed /identified separately in list. I also have a couple of social feeds listed there as well. If I can do it on a Q10, it can be done on any BB10 device.

I agree that with a high number of accounts the hub can be a little busy. I use the hub as my reference point, but generally look at each account individually. The BlackBerry "spark" lets me know when I have communications in each account. Being able to organize, view, and respond to all my accounts on one device is one of my favorite things about Blackberry OS. It was in OS7 and it is in BB10. It is easily the best communication tool I have to consolidate and respond to all of my information in one spot.

Give it some time.

Q10/10.2.1.2156 Waiting for my Passport
    04-27-15 12:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    *edit: it doesn't show maps?*

Open assistant, swipe down from the top > settings > decide search settings > extended(tab)

Web search options aren't listed there?

Blackberry Usability-img_20150427_133053.png

If they aren't, open the browser > menu > settings > display > reset search engines

Or go to www.duckduckgo.com and press menu > add search

Any luck?

04-27-15 12:32 PM
    Blackberry Usability-img_20150427_133327.png

This is what I am seeing.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 12:33 PM
    Are you on Verizon by any chance? A while back the Classic users were discovering that Verizon units didn't show the search engine icons during search...mine is one of them. However, now I find that if I type most phrases the "search" icon (magnifying glass) comes up first and if I touch that it quickly goes to my default search engine (google) and the result is there. Occasionally....and I can 't figure out why....I don't get the icon, just suggestions in the phone like emails or contacts. So, I must add the word "search" to my query and it quickly does the google search. For the most part, though, it works very fast. Something pops into my head....I just type it on my Classic keyboard and in moments I'm seeing it on the web. Or if I type a name...I'm seeing the options to contact them.
    Yes, I am on Verizon. I also found that my default search had been set to Verizon.
    04-27-15 12:41 PM
    *edit: it doesn't show maps?*

Open assistant, swipe down from the top > settings > decide search settings > extended(tab)

Web search options aren't listed there?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150427_133053.png 
Views:	519 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	349771

If they aren't, open the browser > menu > settings > display > reset search engines

Or go to www.duckduckgo.com and press menu > add search

Any luck?

I have a classic. Did what you said. No search engines listed at all. Reset search engines has no effect, just screws up my browser search.
    04-27-15 12:47 PM
    Yes, I am on Verizon. I also found that my default search had been set to Verizon.
    This MUST be a Verizon issue. Apparently it extends beyond the Classic.

You can change the default search engine by doing this....

How to change the default search engine in BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    04-27-15 12:48 PM
    No problem. As a veteran, I love a good flame fest.

Posted via CB10
    But you've only been a member for 18 hours and all of your posts seem to be in this thread.

In your OP, you say you've been forced onto BlackBerry but you later refer to functionality from prior BlackBerry OSes.

Something seems astray here.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    04-27-15 01:10 PM
    Some valid points. Most of it doesn't make any sense though.
    So you've been using the phone for 2 weeks handling thousands of emails and still haven't discovered the triage for deleting emails in 1 touches of the button?
    Or another way. How about you push select more and tap all the emails you don't want. Exactly the way WP does. 2 weeks later you still seem to be lost on basic phone functionality.
    Send at the top? It's best place for safety reasons as others said. I wish they did the same for text or BBM actually...

I suggest spending some more time with BB10. You're either terribly bad at handling tech devices in general or had started on BB10 yesterday and not 2 weeks ago.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    04-27-15 02:10 PM
    But you've only been a member for 18 hours and all of your posts seem to be in this thread.

In your OP, you say you've been forced onto BlackBerry but you later refer to functionality from prior BlackBerry OSes.

Something seems astray here.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    Sorry to have not posted my entire lineage. I have been a mobile device manager since 2005. This background has had me manage BES servers and BlackBerry devices for many years. When the companies I supported moved to Exchange 2007, 2010, and 2013 the BES demand dropped significantly. Began working with ActiveSync and native integrations of other platforms.

Just recently, corporate decided there would be no more BYOD and forced all back to BES. So, here I am.
    04-27-15 02:22 PM
    Open help. Read up.

** That is an exercise in frustration too. My Classic locked up today and I went to the BB Help site and a search for "Reset" in all three of the overlapping (redundant) areas did not turn up any useful information. I stumbled on the instructions how to reset only by accident.

BB10 is miles ahead in many ways, if you are willing/able to familiarise yourself with it.

** I'm about 5 weeks into ownership, and still struggling to make my peace with the device. And I'm saving up a lot of notes for a similar rant. The fundamental problem is poor UX design, just poor functional flow. Many things could be made much more simple, more intuitive, more consistent from screen to screen without losing the essential advantages of the OS and system design.
    04-27-15 02:25 PM
    Some valid points. Most of it doesn't make any sense though.
    So you've been using the phone for 2 weeks handling thousands of emails and still haven't discovered the triage for deleting emails in 1 touches of the button?
    Or another way. How about you push select more and tap all the emails you don't want. Exactly the way WP does. 2 weeks later you still seem to be lost on basic phone functionality.
    Send at the top? It's best place for safety reasons as others said. I wish they did the same for text or BBM actually...

I suggest spending some more time with BB10. You're either terribly bad at handling tech devices in general or had started on BB10 yesterday and not 2 weeks ago.

LOL, nice try. Yes, I have found the triage setting which consumes a wide portion of the screen. I currently leave it turned on for one touch delete. The select more option requires you to 1) hold down on the first message, 2) wait for the delay, 3) click select more from the menu 4) select messages 5) select delete. Conversely, on WP, you tap the left edge of the message and it is selected while simultaneously bringing up the select more check boxes. You run down the list checking the ones you want. You hit delete.

How is the send button at the top the best when my hand and fingers are at the bottom?
    04-27-15 02:26 PM
    None of your points are good, op. If you prefer ios' childish, antiquated os and home button you should use it, but don't show up here with suggestions on how to **** up BlackBerry just because your employer is professional enough to insist on BlackBerry. You probably should get another job.
    04-27-15 02:46 PM
94 1234