BlackBerry has been taken a beaten the past 5 trading sessions, let's get a rally going here before earnings later this week.

I bought more shares on the way down to dollar cost average my cost basis. I'm looking for the stock to hit 14 by earnings release if we beat estimates.

BUY BUY BUY

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 08:13 AM
    I think the entire market took a beating, not just BBRY.
    12-16-14 08:25 AM
    Yeah I also notice that hilke. I think its because of the demand.
    onesilver7 likes this.
    12-16-14 08:36 AM
    er I am showing down 2% ?
    12-16-14 08:40 AM
    Closed up fractionally.

Not bad for a sea of red to have BlackBerry hanging strong though.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 06:47 PM
    BlackBerry has been taken a beaten the past 5 trading sessions, let's get a rally going here before earnings later this week.

I bought more shares on the way down to dollar cost average my cost basis. I'm looking for the stock to hit 14 by earnings release if we beat estimates.

BUY BUY BUY

Posted via CB10
    I used to go in and out of blackberry stock but now I'm in for the long haul. The revenue generators are in place and BlackBerry is gaining momentum. I can see a big gain over the next 6-9 months. Short term is also a guessing game.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 08:17 PM
    I used to go in and out of blackberry stock but now I'm in for the long haul. The revenue generators are in place and BlackBerry is gaining momentum. I can see a big gain over the next 6-9 months. Short term is also a guessing game.

Posted via CB10
    Yep same here.. I've been in and out making good profits.. right now I'm dollar cost averaged in at 10.80.. so I'm either buying more if it dips below support levels or holding it for the long haul.. it's a cash rich company. With IP such as patents worth billions and real estate. On top of the best OS that should be an acquisition target soon

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 09:55 PM
    Yep same here.. I've been in and out making good profits.. right now I'm dollar cost averaged in at 10.80.. so I'm either buying more if it dips below support levels or holding it for the long haul.. it's a cash rich company. With IP such as patents worth billions and real estate. On top of the best OS that should be an acquisition target soon

Posted via CB10
    And yet, it couldn't get an offer for the sum of it's parts when it was for sale. Hmmm!
    12-17-14 08:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    What real estate holding do you see being of the greatest value? I taught BlackBerry was pretty much leasing everything now....

Patents.... value is very speculative and is going down as the patent wars have settled down some. But yeah they are still the biggest "real" value there is.

OS, not worth all that much really, with out a long term ecosystem BB10 is not all that valuable. Look where WebOS is today and it was highly praised.. If anyone does buy BlackBerry... BB10 will most likely be simple killed off. A mobile OS isn't rocket science, it's not like it take five years to make one....

BlackBerry's "value" is in it's current ability to sell both smartphone and in licensing revenues from BES and BIS.... So far sales are still falling and we all know what the future holds for BIS. So it's up to BES to save the day... BBM, QNX and other areas can help, but none of them really bring in the millions like BlackBerry is use to.
    12-17-14 01:55 PM

OS, not worth all that much really, with out a long term ecosystem BB10 is not all that valuable. Look where WebOS is today and it was highly praised.. If anyone does buy BlackBerry... BB10 will most likely be simple killed off. A mobile OS isn't rocket science, it's not like it take five years to make one....

BlackBerry's "value" is in it's current ability to sell both smartphone and in licensing revenues from BES and BIS.... So far sales are still falling and we all know what the future holds for BIS. So it's up to BES to save the day... BBM, QNX and other areas can help, but none of them really bring in the millions like BlackBerry is use to.
    Nonsense. Even Google with all their resources opted for Linux as it takes at least 10 years to optimize an OS. Apple still depends on open BSD and it took over 10 years to bring in important services like printing and Windows file sharing ( and their stack still sucks compared to Samba).

Smartphones are not that important but the ability to create mobile DEVICES quickly is one of BlackBerry 's strong points.

Just remember everyone thought Apple would be dead competing for even a small stake in personal computer market share but all of a sudden you have 2000 songs in your pocket and what they learned with the Newton failure all went into iOS. Biggest Corp in the world...Just sayin' :-)

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    12-22-14 05:56 PM
    Nonsense. Even Google with all their resources opted for Linux as it takes at least 10 years to optimize an OS. Apple still depends on open BSD and it took over 10 years to bring in important services like printing and Windows file sharing ( and their stack still sucks compared to Samba).

Smartphones are not that important but the ability to create mobile DEVICES quickly is one of BlackBerry 's strong points.

Just remember everyone thought Apple would be dead competing for even a small stake in personal computer market share but all of a sudden you have 2000 songs in your pocket and what they learned with the Newton failure all went into iOS. Biggest Corp in the world...Just sayin' :-)

Posted via CB10
    Been following BlackBerry for a long time... think the STORM was the only device that they really managed to create pretty quickly (Verizon made them). And while it was a sales success, it was customer loyalty and support nightmare. I guess they did release the PlayBook in a pretty short time frame... but there is a difference in releasing a product and finishing one.

One reason many BlackBerry devices are accused of being "old" is that they have been in design for so long... sometimes the device gets held up by the software and sometimes it's because the company is being cautious.

And while QNX wasn't a mobile OS... BlackBerry bought them because they did already have an OS to base BB10 on. It took them two years to get from the PlayBook OS at release to BB10 (and it wasn't ready for the light of day).

So I'm not sure in what way BlackBerry has impressed you with their ability to get products out quickly....

(But as they have cut R&D back to 2008 levels... they are going to be even slower at getting out new products. Unless they are just rehashing existing ones)
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-07-15 09:01 AM
    As opposed to Apple, who have released the same basic device forever. Just sayin.

Classically Posted.
    01-07-15 09:05 AM
    If you know anything about OS development, it takes an excruciating long time to get it right. Why do you think Apple and Google leveraged BSD and Linux respectively?

Having an RTOS with secure control over the kernel and bootloader is something Apple and Google and Microsoft don't have... why do you think Boeing and Samsung are partnering with BlackBerry?

I'm sure a lot of the negative propaganda is coming from these very powerful companies. They stand the most to lose in the IOT revolution. I'm thinking since Samsung is huge in the consumer product space, they will eventually buy BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-07-15 10:57 AM
    As opposed to Apple, who have released the same basic device forever. Just sayin.

Classically Posted.
    At least they aren't really releasing two year old hardware and combining it was a six year old form factor.... just saying.

If BlackBerry is right and the Classic form factor is sudden going to get BBOS users to update, kinda proves that some people find it hard to accept change. And that maybe Apple's choice to make only small changes to the iPhone isn't so.... dumb.
    01-07-15 11:48 AM
    Agree actually, IMO the entire "smart" revolution is so new the majority of "average" consumers struggled to learn their first device. In fact, lots of info suggesting most still don't fully understand what they have, (that's the new FUD against BlackBerry actually...calling it complicated), so why change?

I have a Classic (many others too, but that's my new daily driver) and am always on the go ...I need "basic" services like email, web ,call and calendar...that's it, everything else is nice, but rarely used. BlackBerry hit a home run for mid level WORK device.

Classically Posted.
    01-07-15 09:15 PM
    Agree actually, IMO the entire "smart" revolution is so new the majority of "average" consumers struggled to learn their first device. In fact, lots of info suggesting most still don't fully understand what they have, (that's the new FUD against BlackBerry actually...calling it complicated), so why change?

I have a Classic (many others too, but that's my new daily driver) and am always on the go ...I need "basic" services like email, web ,call and calendar...that's it, everything else is nice, but rarely used. BlackBerry hit a home run for mid level WORK device.

Classically Posted.
    Many of the people I know, even some in their teens don't always understand how these "smartphones" work. I asked one of the runners here to stop and take some pictures and email them to me... he didn't know how to do that.

Too be honest, I think a big screen, good camera and a half dozen key apps is all that a lot of people really need... Apple could have put the 5S hardware in the 6+ and most Apple users would have been fine with it, especially if they knocked off $100.

There are probably 25 apps that if BlackBerry had those key apps on their platform at launch... it would have made a huge difference in the perception f the platform. It wouldn't have meet the needs of everyone, but I think the vast majority would have been happy. And it might have given them time to grow the platform. But BlackBerry spent time and money chasing quantity or quality....

I think the Classic own it's own is a great tool and that it will fit the needs of many business people...
    01-08-15 08:52 AM