BlackBerry is slowly implementing new features which is awesome, but is anyone else noticing that BB10 is slowly becoming Android? if you look at the customization and other things coming forward with each update,

Or is it just me?!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 11:26 AM
    People keep saying more OPTIONS are always a good thing. So if you can install from BB World and Google Play, isn't that better than just one choice?
    11-10-13 11:28 AM
    It would make sense to emulate features from the world's most dominant mobile OS. Android has things that customers clearly want.

But that doesn't mean BB10 can't keep those things that make it unique.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    walcolm likes this.
    11-10-13 11:30 AM
    At first bb10 was a cross between iOS and Android. But now it looks like it's leaning towards Android in terms of customization and of course apps

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 11:33 AM
    It does cloud the future in terms of how native BB10 devs will proceed. In my opinion -- IF it pans out.

I mean realistically to make sense one will need seamless compatibility -- click and install from the Play Store. And near native performance will need to be achieved. Of course with faster hardware, the performance should be able to keep pace if BB stays on track. So then you have to ask, if one can run most any Android app on BB10 and it is pretty fast, does not crash, etc., then why would developers put a lot of effort into native BB10 apps?
    11-10-13 11:38 AM
    So then you have to ask, if one can run most any Android app on BB10 and it is pretty fast, does not crash, etc., then why would developers put a lot of effort into native BB10 apps?
    If you can get the app, it runs fast and doesn't crash, does it matter that it is NOT native?
    11-10-13 11:48 AM
    So then you have to ask, if one can run most any Android app on BB10 and it is pretty fast, does not crash, etc., then why would developers put a lot of effort into native BB10 apps?
    Well, one option would be to clean up the BBWorld store, clear out all the junk, and use it to highlight very high quality fully native apps. If there was a high enough bar, BlackBerry could even think about minimum guaranteed revenue arrangements for top native developers.

11-10-13 11:57 AM
    If you can get the app, it runs fast and doesn't crash, does it matter that it is NOT native?
    Not to me. I like the Cascades apps a lot. But not so much more as to exclude the flexibility of having access to all the Android apps.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    11-10-13 12:01 PM
    Not to me. I like the Cascades apps a lot. But not so much more as to exclude the flexibility of having access to all the Android apps.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    Thank you. Fully agree with you. By affording BB users a direct and easy method to get Android apps on their BB 10 devices does not make BB 10 more android. It will still be core BlackBerry but with lots more choice.
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    11-10-13 12:16 PM
    Doesn't Google say when developing for Android to use Java and only use C/C++ if and only if it is absolutely necessary?

In that case, then I don't want to see Java take things over at the expense of Cascades/HTML5. It's become irreparably linked with hourglassing, RuneScape and "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." to me.

But if it gets rid of just AIR, then I'm all for it.
    rthonpm likes this.
    11-10-13 12:19 PM
    Other than it being based off QNX, the only other significant feature of BB10 is the hub.

With each release Android is significantly improving performance and stability. There's a reason why all other mobile OSes follow Android's footsteps.
    11-10-13 12:20 PM
    For example, setting default apps is a android feature. These are the sort of things that make be believe that bb10 is following in android footsteps

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 02:18 PM
    For example, setting default apps is a android feature. These are the sort of things that make be believe that bb10 is following in android footsteps

Posted via CB10
    Before the iPhone became popular, BlackBerry didn't have full screen touch. They have to adapt ideas from phones that more people want to buy.

11-10-13 02:23 PM
    Has anyone thought that Google sees the benefits of Cascades and QNX for Android and they are supporting BlackBerry into maturing both operating systems.

Z10 10.2.0.1791 via CB10
    bspence87 likes this.
    11-10-13 02:29 PM
    Didn't bbos have many customization options. Don't think it's turning into android more becoming more what BlackBerry always was.

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    11-10-13 02:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    There were os's with this feature before android aswell.

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    11-10-13 02:36 PM
    It does cloud the future in terms of how native BB10 devs will proceed. In my opinion -- IF it pans out.

I mean realistically to make sense one will need seamless compatibility -- click and install from the Play Store. And near native performance will need to be achieved. Of course with faster hardware, the performance should be able to keep pace if BB stays on track. So then you have to ask, if one can run most any Android app on BB10 and it is pretty fast, does not crash, etc., then why would developers put a lot of effort into native BB10 apps?
    The same reason why people build Native for both iOS and Android instead of having one HTML5 app.

Native will always be better as it will be able to be integrated in the entire OS. I can't see Google Play apps working in the system, or even in the Hub as well as a Native app can!!!!

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    11-10-13 02:39 PM
    Didn't bbos have many customization options. Don't think it's turning into android more becoming more what BlackBerry always was.

If anything, they're all following Windows, cuz that's been around for decades...
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    11-10-13 02:40 PM
    Thank you. Fully agree with you. By affording BB users a direct and easy method to get Android apps on their BB 10 devices does not make BB 10 more android. It will still be core BlackBerry but with lots more choice.
    Precisely.
    These are extra features. These are not Android features replacing BlackBerry 10 features.

Now we just need the Windows Phone Store :P

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    m1kr0 likes this.
    11-10-13 02:42 PM
    BlackBerry is slowly implementing new features which is awesome, but is anyone else noticing that BB10 is slowly becoming Android? if you look at the customization and other things coming forward with each update,

Or is it just me?!

Posted via CB10
    Nothing wrong with more options and choice, keep them coming!! The day it has 400+ security flaws and Laggy then it's android
    11-10-13 03:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    I hope you mean mobile operating systems because default apps are a huge staple of Windows long before Android came out. I don't consider that a bad thing though, options and customization is always a plus in my opinion.
    11-10-13 03:26 PM

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    On the money ^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-10-13 03:37 PM
    IMHO one thing I like about BB10 is it's Duality Nature. You have BB10 as core OS but you also get at least a 90% reliability Android app capability. You have TWO app stores to choose from (hopefully if the rumors are true) but in the end you enjoy the app diversity of Android and the reliability and security of BB10 .

I just hope that the BlackBerry execs do not embrace full Android though

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.2.0.1791 | Globe PH
    Davidro1 likes this.
    11-10-13 03:46 PM
    Added features are always good if it can make your experience more better when using the phone.
    Other phone OS did that too with their own way.
    11-10-13 04:35 PM
    +1. Me too.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 04:36 PM
44 12