I have just been online and have read some fascinating articles on BlackBerry.

Mr Chen really has worked his magic!

The company is going to be a BIG BIG player and I would honestly invest in some shares.

Especially after the NSA and GCHQ sim hacking plus Blackberry's acquisition of secusmart.

Check the following article out!

BlackBerry is poised to make a stunning comeback in 2015 | SiliconANGLE

Did anyone also hear about the usa NSA trying to hack the German chancellor's phone?

It was locked down using BlackBerry Z10s and secusmart! The Germans bought around 40,000 Z10s!

Posted via CB10
    der_mit and RazzBerry like this.
    02-24-15 04:06 AM
    the german thing is old news. also, consumers dont give a flying **** about security. keep dreaming buddy

edit: the day big app developers keep developing for blackberry, blackberry will fly.
    Georgiegeorge and boi2012 like this.
    02-24-15 04:54 AM
    But enterprise and government DO care an those are the markets BBRY has repeatedly said they're focusing on.

I don't know if BlackBerry will make a "stunning" comeback in 2015, but their earnings reports have been successively better since Chen took the helm.

Z10 via CB10
    02-24-15 05:02 AM
    But enterprise and government DO care an those are the markets BBRY has repeatedly said they're focusing on.

I don't know if BlackBerry will make a "stunning" comeback in 2015, but their earnings reports have been successively better since Chen took the helm.

Z10 via CB10
    Trust me. I know people working inside BlackBerry. As a matter of fact I'm getting secusmart for my Z10. I like my privacy unlike android and ios where they milk all your personal data.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 05:09 AM
    Trust me. I know people working inside BlackBerry. As a matter of fact I'm getting secusmart for my Z10. I like my privacy unlike android and ios where they milk all your personal data.

Posted via CB10
    How could I get securesmart myself?

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and miker476 like this.
    02-24-15 05:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    now the only problem is, you have no idea how phone calls work lulz you cant encrypt your phone calls. also agencies have their own servers set up at the datacenter of ISPs. they dont even need your phone to tap it. even with secusmart. your normal phone calls wont be encrypted as normal phones wouldnt be able to decrypt it without using secusmart themselves. you are a high profile ***** at best. btw i said consumers. becoming a big player, a turnaround would require gaining market share back. a few thousand government devices wont help that. secusmart also wont help the slightest if you use cloud storage hosted by others, use facebook etc etc. secusmart is a seperate infrastructure thats secure as long as you are reaching hosts that are part of that infrastructure... if blackberry was so secure, why would they need a seperate infrastructure? because blackberry can only be as secure as much as they are involved in transmitting data... once data left your device no matter how secure your device is if other parties are not secure.

edit: point is, consumers wont ever be protected as long as they are using the ISP infrastructure and public cloud services and blackberry will never be a big player as long as they are only focusing on enterprise. enterprises can be secured using their own infrastructure private encrypted voice channels, but the consumers wont be protected. an encrypted network wont be safe if everyone has access to it unless everyone has a seperate private key for every single contact and the same applies to other parties too. but thats a ***** to implement

Edit2: if only phones would be fast enough to generate a private key and a public key in less than a second then you could have a new key generated for every single initiated conversation and implementation would likely become less of a *****
    Last edited by dvarnai; 02-24-15 at 05:52 AM.
    02-24-15 05:31 AM
    now the only problem is, you have no idea how phone calls work lulz you cant encrypt your phone calls. also agencies have their own servers set up at the datacenter of ISPs. they dont even need your phone to tap it. even with secusmart. your normal phone calls wont be encrypted as normal phones wouldnt be able to decrypt it without using secusmart themselves. you are a high profile ***** at best. btw i said consumers. becoming a big player, a turnaround would require gaining market share back. a few thousand government devices wont help that. secusmart also wont help the slightest if you use cloud storage hosted by others, use facebook etc etc. secusmart is a seperate infrastructure thats secure as long as you are reaching hosts that are part of that infrastructure... if blackberry was so secure, why would they need a seperate infrastructure? because blackberry can only be as secure as much as they are involved in transmitting data... once data left your device no matter how secure your device is if other parties are not secure.

edit: point is, consumers wont ever be protected as long as they are using the ISP infrastructure and public cloud services and blackberry will never be a big player as long as they are only focusing on enterprise. enterprises can be secured using their own infrastructure private encrypted voice channels, but the consumers wont be protected. an encrypted network wont be safe if everyone has access to it unless everyone has a seperate private key for every single contact and the same applies to other parties too. but thats a ***** to implement

Edit2: if only phones would be fast enough to generate a private key and a public key in less than a second then you could have a new key generated for every single initiated conversation and implementation would likely become less of a *****
    I think you need to look at end to end encryption and then get back to me

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 06:06 AM
    How could I get securesmart myself?

Posted via CB10
    Well for consumers it's listed on their website for 2790 ish Euros per device. Pricey but indeed worth it.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 06:07 AM
    I think you need to look at end to end encryption and then get back to me

Posted via CB10
    In order for an end to end encryption to work for phone calls with Securesmart, the other party's device that you're going to be calling must also have Securesmart installed in their device. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 06:12 AM
    In order for an end to end encryption to work for phone calls with Securesmart, the other party's device that you're going to be calling must also have Securesmart installed in their device. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, but he's the high profile guy here lol. If he wants to waste 2800 eur for something that won't work for normal calls it's up to him

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    02-24-15 06:15 AM
    I just use https://whispersystems.org/ (RedPhone).

Obviously you need RP to be installed on both phones.
    02-24-15 07:16 AM
    Yup, but he's the high profile guy here lol. If he wants to waste 2800 eur for something that won't work for normal calls it's up to him

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    I can afford it due to my line of work.
    Jealousy is not good lol

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 07:42 AM
    They've been extremely lucky with results since Chen took the job,each Quarter they pull off some sort of savings,and contribute them to the Cash on hand,they sold real estate,they managed to save on royalties paid out,they got a boost from the debentures they issued and of course they laid off thousands of employees,all this was done because they are in trouble.They have to make new revenues because they are getting less Service Activation Fees from Carriers each and every Quarter,BES has to replace these ,hopefully hardware will contribute but who really knows,last ER they claimed production woes for crappy Passport #'s,I really would wait before investing in BB until after the next ER and possibly the one after that,I don't think BES is gainig traction right now,we'll see.You do realize that because the CDN dollar is trading much lower these days that the stock price would actually be around 20% lower on the TSX ,not good at all.
    Oh, and there was 1 Q that they benefited from Hundreds of Millions in tax credits,lol
    Last edited by jojo beaconsfield; 02-24-15 at 08:35 AM.
    02-24-15 08:03 AM
    Now somebody is looking like they've been researching all aspects of the company and not a typical pump and dump JUST based off of one expensive solution so they can afford it.

There is a specific thread on the boards regarding investing in BlackBerry and it's been VERY active with deep insight to all aspects of trading and BlackBerry as an entire company, so have a look over a few weeks there everyone.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    02-24-15 08:07 AM
    This article had a few stunning inaccuracies or contradictions of their own terms.....

......What followed was a spectacular fall from grace as the company missed the smartphone pivot and all but collapsed in the space of just a few years.......

Missed the smartphone pivot? I think they meant "missed the touchscreen / App revolution".

......"Things got so bad the company was forced to abandon plans to sell itself last year for lack of a buyer."........

This is an assumption. It could also be that they simply changed their mind because it was a bad decision to make that announcement to begin with, which was vague anyway. Plus, Chen came along.

...........BlackBerry failed to make the pivot from email device to smartphone. Apple’s iPhone was first released in 2007, and within three years it overtook BlackBerry as the number one smartphone by market share. .............

From email device to smartphone? My 9900...released in 2011, has apps. It has a touchscreen. It can go to any website. It has GPS. It has NFC. It has wifi hotspot. It has a music player (and video player).

In the second sentence it says iPhone overtook BlackBerry as the number one smartphone....even though in two previous sentences it claimed BlackBerry wasn't even making a "smartphone".

.......BlackBerry threw a last ditch Hail Mary with the release of its first touchscreen device, the BlackBerry Z10........
    First touch screen device? Um, I can think of at least 3 touch screen devices, including the 9900 I mentioned, that came before the Z10. The Storm (and Storm 2) and the Torch 9810 and 9850 (one was a slider).

And this is a friendly to BlackBerry article. The biased ones are way worse.
    Last edited by redlightblinking; 02-24-15 at 08:44 AM.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    02-24-15 08:29 AM
    Dvarnai,

Your spelling, punctuation and grammar is absolutely atrocious! :|

Using words like lulz?! That is horrific.

I can understand why BlackBerry articles are bias because the NSA and GCHQ would not want users to have this level of encryption.

My fear is that my personal life and data is vulnerable and I will pay the premium to be safe and secure. This is why I have stuck to BlackBerry for years because I am a very clued up guy. I phones and androids are effectively trackers which monitor everything!

Countless efforts have been made to sink BlackBerry but yet they are still here and I am so proud of Mr Chens work!

I can see new BlackBerry devices being rolled out with secusmart off the shelf! Wow that would be great!

For me being secure and encrypted makes me feel good and comfy with my life.

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry and D3C0D3R like this.
    02-24-15 10:23 AM

P.S. ~ I agree with Ferrari430Spider
    Ferrari430Spider likes this.
    02-24-15 12:02 PM
    when your girlfriends knockers be floating all over the Internet then I think you might be worried slight and give a ****
    ....and that's a big assumption. The average Crackberrian probably still lives in the basement. I doubt many need to worry about naked selfies of their significant other.

With the off chance they do... my apologies.
    02-24-15 12:32 PM
    Everyone! Sit down with your legs crossed, close your eyes and let's practice Qigong to soothe thy anger. Breath in slowly and hold your breathe and push it all the way down to your belly. Keep holding it there for as long as you can. Now breathe out slowly. Do this for half an hour a day.

Okay is everyone feeling much better?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 02:07 PM
    My predictions are that Mr Chen will embed the secusmart technology into upcoming Blackberry's

* hope Mr Chen reads this lol*

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 02:13 PM
    My predictions are that Mr Chen will embed the secusmart technology into upcoming Blackberry's

* hope Mr Chen reads this lol*

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure he will... for a price. But again secusmart is only good for conversations with other secusmart devices. So say within a corporate or government setting where interagency conversations need to be kept confidential. Think Chen realize that BlackBerry need a way to compete with the Black Phone and the Boeing Black smartphone (what is it with Black). This will be an option, but not a standard feature.
    02-24-15 03:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    I hate to rain on your parade but the NSA can hack anything they want, so you dropping $3k on Secusmart won't help because they will crack that encryption too. They employ supercomputers the size football fields..they cracked the Sim card encryption in less than an hour..probably will need same time to crack Secusmart.
    Just accept the fact that there is nothing out there that is NSA proof ...NOTHING
    02-24-15 04:14 PM
    I'm a consumer and I care, greatly, about security and my friend, who loves android, didn't until I explained why security is important.

I don't think it's that they don't care about security. I think it's that most people don't know any better.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 04:42 PM
    I hate to rain on your parade but the NSA can hack anything they want, so you dropping $3k on Secusmart won't help because they will crack that encryption too. They employ supercomputers the size football fields..they cracked the Sim card encryption in less than an hour..probably will need same time to crack Secusmart.
    Just accept the fact that there is nothing out there that is NSA proof ...NOTHING
    Just curious how you know this.

Also, what if you're concerned with computers a little less large than what the NSA has? Won't Secusmart be good against most hackers....just not the NSA?
    02-24-15 04:45 PM
    I started to clean up comments in here and then I decided, you know what... nahh.

For a bunch of people discussing some arguably grown up issues, some of ya have a lot of growing up to do.
    nhanken likes this.
    02-24-15 05:47 PM