03-13-15 03:27 AM
227 ... 56789 ...
tools
    What a dumb decision on their side
    Mecca EL and moody like this.
    12-24-14 01:12 PM
    Remind folks how they can "donate" to support your great software. Screw BB and their nearsightedness. It will only take one major breach and all their bragging on BES will go down the tubes. Merry Christmas to all...except the weasels at BB
    Mecca EL, moody and Wigley458 like this.
    12-24-14 01:12 PM
    Big mistake, BlackBerry.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-24-14 01:14 PM
    What in the WORLD is going ON?!?!? This is INSANE.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    12-24-14 01:15 PM
    [INFO]Its the Holiday season. Let's skip the bickering, please![/INFO]
    Mic_JP and john_v like this.
    12-24-14 01:28 PM
    Absolutely insane.
    I have a friend I'm visiting tomorrow who knows one of the C level folks, I see if he's willing to bring it up with him.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and 00stryder like this.
    12-24-14 01:42 PM
    I was going to write a long rant, but frankly, all I can say is this: I've not been this disappointed in BlackBerry in a very long while.
    Mecca EL, moody and RA-HA like this.
    12-24-14 01:45 PM
    Blackberry have, on Christmas day for me, reneged on this agreement. They are now saying they will permanently remove Sachesi from Blackberry World. Also, they will remove my vendor account.
    There are no terms breached or quoted but they have the right to remove anyone they want without reason as it is their own marketplace.
    So, I will informally agree to a Christmas Day truce. I will respect their wishes and I will no longer report any security concerns to Blackberry, as I have identified that it was reporting these issues that has upset them.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    Xsacha, I genuinely feel that your information could protect BlackBerry customers by exposing just how vulnerable BlackBerry systems are. It upsets me to hear that BlackBerry has reneged on an agreement it had with you. Are you represented by legal counsel? A good legal and media strategy might be the correct course of action to protect your interests and to resolve this situation.

BlackBerry has few factors keeping it alive, and its reputation for security is probably the most important of those resources. It sounds to me that the truth of what's happening might prove that BlackBerry is not as secure as its partners and customers have been led to believe. Maybe it's time for the truth you've found to be made public.

iPhone 6+ / iOS 8.1.2 / T-Mobile USA
    Last edited by eyesopen1111; 12-24-14 at 03:09 PM.
    12-24-14 01:47 PM
    Xsacha, I'm not sure what sort of mood you're in after what you've been through, but I hope that you realize that you can bring BlackBerry to its knees any time you want. I genuinely feel that you are in a position to damage or destroy the company as you please--in a perfectly legal fashion--so it's really a question of how much mercy you have.

BlackBerry has few things keeping it alive, and its reputation for security is probably the most important of those resources. It sounds to me that you can damage or destroy that reputation by revealing the truth of what's happening.

Maybe all you need is the right legal and media strategy to get what you want.

iPhone 6+ / iOS 8.1.2 / T-Mobile USA
    Karma is a very unpleasant lady. I would not suggest anything that would damage the company. But I would urge great pressure from Dev.

Stay classy but bring pressure to bear.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    LazyEvul and kbz1960 like this.
    12-24-14 01:52 PM
    Clearly whoever you have been talking to last, would rather have all vulnerabilities publicly disclosed without having fixes in place. Just mention whoever this smart person was and publicise exploits at will. As long as you didn't have to hack anything, you should be safe.

BlackBerry seems to be just another clueless corporation, with layer after layer of unwillingness. It's not your job to be peeling them away. From what you written so far it seems you have went out of your way to act in their best interest. No other discourse left to but disclose your findings.

At least that way your knowledge won't go to waste, and problems might end up being fixed. No one should get to blame you if they don't. Entirely up to your will. Do as you see fit.
    12-24-14 02:08 PM
    Blackberry have, on Christmas day for me, reneged on this agreement. They are now saying they will permanently remove Sachesi from Blackberry World. Also, they will remove my vendor account.
    There are no terms breached or quoted but they have the right to remove anyone they want without reason as it is their own marketplace.
    So, I will informally agree to a Christmas Day truce. I will respect their wishes and I will no longer report any security concerns to Blackberry, as I have identified that it was reporting these issues that has upset them.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    Thanks for the update, Sacha.

I am beyond puzzled as to what is going through the mind of the person at BlackBerry who is calling the shots on this.

This is the repayment they give you after you graciously disclosed security problems to them and we're given assurances of better communication? Sickening!

As I said before, I'd count my lucky stars as a web programmer if someone privately disclosed security flaws about my code to me. This is absolutely asinine on their part, Sacha. You have not done anything wrong and yet, here they are pulling your apps and essentially stealing your hard earned donations.

I think I speak for most people here at the CrackBerry community when I plead with you to not let this sour your ambitions to develop BlackBerry solutions. You have made top notch applications that should be celebrated by our community and the top brass at BlackBerry. I am sorry you are not getting the response you rightfully deserve. For what it's worth, let me personally say "Thank you" for all of the work you have done for us.

I don't think there is much more I can say on this than all that. This entire saga is just a black eye for BlackBerry in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, Wigley458 and eryvile like this.
    12-24-14 02:10 PM
    This is pretty messed up.

Any way you will be putting the app up to sideload?

It's ok if you're not, just wondering.

I will also be requesting a refund on the app, and instead donating it to you.

Thanks for all your hard work so far.

Passport on Wind
    12-24-14 02:35 PM
    Hopefully you will be able to put this aside at least for the holiday season, so I wish you merry Christmas and God bless you!

Posted with Q5 Pigeons
    12-24-14 02:38 PM
    Sacha, I'd contact @henryhoggard who was credited with finding the MITM vulnerability in downloading apps in BBWorld and see if his experience working with BB was similar to yours in regard to the NDA and your concerns about not being able to disclose if BB continues to sit on it. He could probably answer alot of questions for you. He may also be able to provide contacts who would work with you in less rude manner.
    12-24-14 02:40 PM
    Blackberry have, on Christmas day for me, reneged on this agreement. They are now saying they will permanently remove Sachesi from Blackberry World.
    I will respect their wishes and I will no longer report any security concerns to Blackberry, as I have identified that it was reporting these issues that has upset them.
    Disappointed to read this. It would obviously be nice to hear BlackBerry's perspective on all this, but they seem to lack the necessary communication skills.

TBH, contrary to what other replies have suggested, maybe it's time to cut your losses with BB and more on to something more productive for yourself and where your efforts will be appreciated. If you continue, you may just end up becoming a battered wife.

Hope you can relax and have a nice Christmas anyhow.
    12-24-14 03:16 PM
    Reporting them to the public and their lack of concern over fixing said issues makes more sense anyhow.

It's not even about "damaging" the company in a revenge fashion. ALL bb10 developers should be pissed off and if they stopped supporting the platform that makes total sense.
    Mecca EL and LazyEvul like this.
    12-24-14 03:49 PM
    Happy holiday Sacha

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 06:27 PM
    Most of you are fools. All you're getting is one side of the story. Quite often there is WAY more happening behind the scenes than you might think. I don't know this "xsacha" fellow or what he does, but it seems to me that he thinks he's above the law. Keep drinking the kool-aid folks.

Posted via CB10
    Traxxmy likes this.
    12-24-14 10:00 PM
    Most of you are fools. All you're getting is one side of the story. Quite often there is WAY more happening behind the scenes than you might think. I don't know this "xsacha" fellow or what he does, but it seems to me that he thinks he's above the law. Keep drinking the kool-aid folks.

Posted via CB10
    You say you don't know who xsasha is or what he's done for the CB (and BlackBerry) community, and yet you feel that you have the right to judge him and assume he's above the law? Which law, exactly?

I will say that you are right in pointing out that this is only one point of view, so truthfully there probably is a lot more to the story than what we've been told. But if you did know what xsasha has done/tried to do for both BlackBerry consumers and the company itself, perhaps you'd reconsider your position on the "kool-aid" drinking.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Fine. If there are two sides, let the other side tell their story. In the meantime, many kudos to xsacha for everything he's done for the CB community.
    D3C0D3R, Heinz Katchup and moody like this.
    12-24-14 10:31 PM
    Was just waiting to see how many pages of posts there were before some BB corporate shill opened his mouth...Gee, who am I going to give the benefit of the doubt to...xsacha or the company that screwed over all us PlayBook owners?
    12-25-14 12:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lol even the biggest BlackBerry fan cannot defend this behavior... ( BlackBerry)

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 01:18 AM
    Sacha has arguably done more for BB10 users than any single non-employee, and dare I say this, more than some people who are employed by BB. Ever used/heard of Sachesi?

As for "one side of the story," BB's welcome to share its side. Do you think they don't have employees who are registered forum members?
    12-25-14 02:11 AM
    Sacha has arguably done more for BB10 users than any single non-employee, and dare I say this, more than some people who are employed by BB. Ever used/heard of Sachesi?
    What have he done for BlackBerry community? The sachesi tools which of course heard before but not useful to me. It just a firmware tool. He didn't involve in Os development so how can he done for more for bb10 users. As for security BlackBerry have their own security teams. I even barely know him until the bar downloader tool.
    Last edited by Traxxmy; 12-25-14 at 02:37 AM.
    12-25-14 02:25 AM
    What have he done for BlackBerry community? The sachesi tools. It just a firmware tool. He didn't involve in Os development how can he done for more for bb10 users. As for security BlackBerry have their own security teams. In fact I barely know him until the bar downloader tool. I can't think of any reason to thank him.
    I just loved reading your book: "How to Start a Flame War and make Enemies in Record Time"

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    RA-HA, jpvj, zephyr613 and 9 others like this.
    12-25-14 02:29 AM
227 ... 56789 ...