Off topic: but can Blaze post on what's going on with BBM 2.6 and iOS? It still hasn't released.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    12-21-14 07:45 PM
    I've already done my part. I have no intention of going into great detail what that means exactly so I'll leave it at that but like I say, I've addressed it where I could in hopes to help everyone involved in the situation. eg: Sacha, BlackBerry and us as users of the services.
    Thanks Blaze and Sacha. I have all of my family and a few friends on BlackBerry because I told them their information was secure.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and MBrettH like this.
    12-21-14 07:56 PM
    Subscribed
    Hopefully BlackBerry can get their act together

Posted via CB10
    anon(9208252) and Mecca EL like this.
    12-21-14 07:59 PM
    Thanks for everything you've done Sacha. It really sucks how BlackBerry is going about all of this. They shouldn't out a freeze on your account, especially for the donations. I hope in the end everything works out.

Don't give up.

I thought I was abducted by aliens but it turned out to be the Peevishlicious Crew.
    anon(9208252), Mecca EL and moody like this.
    12-21-14 07:59 PM
    Would it be possible to give a generic description of the security vulnerabilities?

What can we do to protect ourselves while waiting for BlackBerry to fix the security vulnerabilities?

E.g.:
    "Don't buy any app from BBW?"
    "Don't use BBM?"
    "Don't add any account on your BB OS 5, 6, 7, and 10 devices?"
    "Don't use BES 5, 10?"
    "Sell the phone and move to other platform?"
    Last edited by joeragan; 12-21-14 at 08:40 PM.
    12-21-14 08:28 PM
    Thanks Sacha for keeping us all informed.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:32 PM
    They have a serious lack of respect for developers... this is probably their biggest problem these days...

Posted via CB10
    The only lack of respect for developers came from the guy who was handing out free codes for their paid apps without permission. And yes that's the OP. Sorry to break up everyone's praise fest but your poster child is far from innocent in this whole thing.

Posted via CB10
    Undbiter65 and MBrettH like this.
    12-21-14 08:43 PM
    Came here to be nitpicky and say that I think purchases of Sachesi on BlackBerry World were sales rather than donations, but that other than that I agree with his post and think it's unethical, if not illegal, for BlackBerry to hold back the amounts paid for his app, and that they should return it to BlackBerry World and fix the security holes.
    12-21-14 08:43 PM
    Came here to be nitpicky and say that I think purchases of Sachesi on BlackBerry World were sales rather than donations, but that other than that I agree with his post and think it's unethical, if not illegal, for BlackBerry to hold back the amounts paid for his app, and that they should return it to BlackBerry World and fix the security holes.
    Just as its illegal to give free codes for someone else's paid app right?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:46 PM
    The only lack of respect for developers came from the guy who was handing out free codes for their paid apps without permission. And yes that's the OP. Sorry to break up everyone's praise fest but your poster child is far from innocent in this whole thing.

Posted via CB10
    The audacity...
    12-21-14 08:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 09:03 PM
    Just as its illegal to give free codes for someone else's paid app right?

Posted via CB10
    U don't know the story

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 09:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well if the codes are that easy to get, maybe there is a good lesson for people to learn.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 09:10 PM
    If I've read correctly, besides the cold shoulder BlackBerry has shown xsacha, there's the bigger issue of whom these exploits affect. Is it only developers who can have their personal information compromised or anyone with a BlackBerry ID?

I can understand why someone would want to keep this vulnerability secret using an NDA but I find it hard to understand why they would be so slow to fix it. Perhaps good security experts are expensive? Maybe this is one of those "Keep a backdoor open for us or else" demands from the spy agencies.... Oh the frustration!

Anyway, thanks for all your work and bringing this out in the open, xsacha. It's sobering to know that even us BlackBerry users shouldn't feel completely secure; all platforms have some unknown vulnerability waiting to be exploited. I hope this gets resolved.

Maybe you should approach them as a security contractor and offer to fix these exploits for them...
    12-21-14 09:16 PM
    Hmmmmmm

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 09:17 PM
    U don't know the story

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 09:18 PM
    Every day I lose more and more faith in Blackberry. If it keeps going like this, I'll drop them like a rock.

I'm really sorry to hear about your funds being held, I paid for the app because it's fantastic and because I've benefited from your work.

Blackberry really needs to get off their high horse, this is why they have the lowest marketshare.

Regardless, we support you and anything that happens.

Passport on Wind
    12-21-14 09:27 PM
    Pretty sad state of affairs for a company who thinks the world is going to trust their software to save the business.

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007, Ealaionta and dejanh like this.
    12-21-14 09:31 PM
    Xsacha: Nobody likes to be told that their baby is ugly. Understandable but I would hope that BBRY would be more receptive to the type of information you are presenting. Sounds like they were but their position has obviously changed. Hopefully they come to their senses and a more professional response would be in order.

You make all our devices better with your tools. The community thanks you and appreciates your efforts. BBRY pick up your game!
    zephyr613, Mecca EL, moody and 3 others like this.
    12-21-14 09:48 PM
    I just wanted to say thanks for the stuff you have done and subscribe at the same time!

Posted from my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    Mecca EL and moody like this.
    12-21-14 10:10 PM
    I think the NDA was an opportunity in disguise. Sign the damn thing see where the rabbit hole goes.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    12-21-14 11:07 PM
    My support to you Sacha. Hope it will be resolved for you ASAP.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:23 PM
    I thoroughly agree to opinions placed by other mates in the thread about the apathy on part of blackberry...

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    12-22-14 01:36 AM
    I think the NDA was an opportunity in disguise. Sign the damn thing see where the rabbit hole goes.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    Really bad advice. He'd be tainted afterwards and may not be able to continue his past BlackBerry work.
    Any NDA would need to be checked out by a tech savvy lawyer.
    12-22-14 02:45 AM
    Very interesting chain of events. I look forward to seeing where this ends up.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    12-22-14 03:05 AM
227 1234 ...