Isn't updating and maintaining Os is BlackBerry job. I trust BlackBerry do better on that.
    Sachesi and DBBT software allows for non-destructive updating, as well as additional options for maintaining BB10 devices that Link and Blend don't. Without them everyone would have to depend on official software to update devices; plus Mac users would have to wait for their specific carriers to provide update because they can't use exe autoloaders.

Posted via CB10
    moody and Wigley458 like this.
    12-28-14 07:30 PM
    Sachesi and DBBT software allows for non-destructive updating, as well as additional options for maintaining BB10 devices that Link and Blend don't. Without them everyone would have to depend on official software to update devices; plus Mac users would have to wait for their specific carriers to provide update because they can't use exe autoloaders.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that would be horrible for smartphone users to wait until an update comes out in order for get it.

Oh wait....

That's every smartphone sold nowadays besides for BlackBerrys people should have patience to get things.

How many users had Android L on devices it isn't out on?
    Very Few

How many iPhone users had iOS 8 before it was released for previous devices?
    Not too many.

It's because it's normal not to have something that hasn't come out.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 12:07 AM
    Sacha, sorry you found out the hard way about politics in the business world. It may be that someone's feelings were hurt or someone important got their hand slapped. You still rock...
    Unfortunately the title of this thread alone by itself seems hurtful to BlackBerry...maybe you could edit it to look a little more positive so they ain't so mad...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10 on10.3.1.1154
    12-29-14 12:25 AM
    Yeah that would be horrible for smartphone users to wait until an update comes out in order for get it.

Oh wait....

That's every smartphone sold nowadays besides for BlackBerrys people should have patience to get things.

Very Few

Not too many.

Posted via CB10
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. There were quite a few folk that had Android L and iOS 8 before it was released. I know this b/c I own a Nexus 7 and my godson owns my old iPhone 5, so I personally knew of MANY people on BOTH platforms that had the software early. Check the other forums. That happens across ALL platforms.

If YOU don't care about getting updates early, that is your prerogative, just don't bother with it. If others care, whether they are right or wrong, that is THEIR "problem". They are not hurting you in ANY way.

You are NOT AT ALL wrong in stating that people need to learn how to wait for things. The hypocrisy here is that everyone has things in life that they don't want to wait for; that they "jump the 'gun' on", so just because this particular issue may not be yours, or mines, that is no reason to ridicule and/or belittle those that want the updates early.

This is not yet a one-world government, meaning that people still have the right to be different. If you are going to criticize what they are doing, at least come armed with the FACTS, as opposed to speculation.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by GPuba; 12-29-14 at 01:59 AM.
    12-29-14 01:48 AM
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. There were quite a few folk that had Android L and iOS 8 before it was released. I know this b/c I own a Nexus 7 and my godson owns my old iPhone 5, so I personally knew of MANY people on BOTH platforms that had the software early. Check the other forums. That happens across ALL platforms.

If YOU don't care about getting updates early, that is your prerogative, just don't bother with it. If others care, whether they are right or wrong, that is THEIR "problem". They are not hurting you in ANY way.

You are NOT AT ALL wrong in stating that people need to learn how to wait for things. The hypocrisy here is that everyone has things in life that they don't want to wait for; that they "jump the 'gun' on", so just because this particular issue may not be yours, or mines, that is no reason to ridicule and/or belittle those that want the updates early.

This is not yet a one-world government, meaning that people still have the right to be different. If you are going to criticize what they are doing, at least come armed with the FACTS, as opposed to speculation.

Posted via CB10
    First off I do know many as well on Android and iOS before they were released.

But percentage wise of BB10 users to iPhone users of people who are running software that isn't get released is a landslide.

I don't care if people want leaked software on their device and risk the device.
    I am also running 10.3.1.1154
    I just don't understand the people who are complaining about bugs in an OS that hasn't come out.

Posted via CB10
    Traxxmy and GPuba like this.
    12-29-14 03:05 AM
    I just don't understand the people who are complaining about bugs in an OS that hasn't come out.
    Nobody likes to read excessively whiney posts. But whether BlackBerry admit it or not, "leaks" are also a handy source of economically priced wider QA. People should moan and encourage improvement. It's a positive.
    12-29-14 04:11 AM
    Nobody likes to read excessively whiney posts. But whether BlackBerry admit it or not, "leaks" are also a handy source of economically priced wider QA. People should moan and encourage improvement. It's a positive.
    Pointing out bugs and complaining about them is a difference.
    Like the Fixes and Findings threads those are finding the bugs and pointing them out to BlackBerry so they can fix them for the next Software Release.

Posted via CB10
    GPuba likes this.
    12-29-14 05:15 AM
    Like the Fixes and Findings threads those are finding the bugs and pointing them out to BlackBerry so they can fix them for the next Software Release.
    People like a moan. It's a stress reliever...
    12-29-14 05:46 AM
    First off I do know many as well on Android and iOS before they were released.

But percentage wise of BB10 users to iPhone users of people who are running software that isn't get released is a landslide.

I don't care if people want leaked software on their device and risk the device.
    I am also running 10.3.1.1154

Posted via CB10
    You are absolutely correct. We are on the EXACT same page. I misunderstood what you were trying to say (didn't read between the lines), thus I must sincerely apologize. I stand corrected.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 06:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Completely agree.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 06:02 AM
    BlackBerry is an organised company and they definitely will not take people complaint on forums about Os that is not mean for end users. BlackBerry is multinational company with thousands of employees so they will have their own internal system and departments to handle this. That is why sachesi can avoid being pulled from BBW until recently even though there is a lot of discussion about it in forum. They didn't know about it and QA in BBW think it is just ordinary app until there is complaint in BlackBerry forum it is escalate to higher level.
    12-29-14 06:07 AM
    You are absolutely correct. We are on the EXACT same page. I misunderstood what you were trying to say (didn't read between the lines), thus I must sincerely apologize. I stand corrected.

Posted via CB10
    No need to apologize I should have been more clear.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by benbraun322; 12-29-14 at 01:04 PM.
    GPuba likes this.
    12-29-14 06:51 AM
    That is why sachesi can avoid being pulled from BBW until recently even though there is a lot of discussion about it in forum. They didn't know about
    Sorry, I don't believe that and would be shocked if BlackBerry were *so* out of touch with their products and market. They didn't pull Sachesi because it suited them. Now they are using it as a beating stick...because it suits them to do so.
    12-29-14 07:20 AM

Oh wait....

Very Few

Not too many.

Posted via CB10
    You're not wrong about the waiting, but that's for normal cases. There's users that had updates go wrong, or those that can't backup/restore with Link? Or people that have issues and would like just a couple bars to install but not the whole OS? Sachesi and DBBT aren't just for vanilla updating, they do quite a bit more.

Posted via CB10
    raino, moody and Wigley458 like this.
    12-29-14 12:51 PM
    Sorry, I don't believe that and would be shocked if BlackBerry were *so* out of touch with their products and market. They didn't pull Sachesi because it suited them. Now they are using it as a beating stick...because it suits them to do so.
    Indeed, BlackBerry is known to frequent these forums - they'd have to have their heads pretty far up their rear-ends to not know about Sachesi.
    moody and baarn like this.
    12-29-14 01:01 PM
    Indeed, BlackBerry is known to frequent these forums - they'd have to have their heads pretty far up their rear-ends to not know about Sachesi.
    If this were true.. you could have called them 'LazyEvil' :-p

Posted via CB10 - BB Z10 / 10.3.1.1154
    12-29-14 01:04 PM
    You're not wrong about the waiting, but that's for normal cases. There's users that had updates go wrong, or those that can't backup/restore with Link? Or people that have issues and would like just a couple bars to install but not the whole OS? Sachesi and DBBT aren't just for vanilla updating, they do quite a bit more.

Posted via CB10
    Oh trust me I totally agree.

xSacha made an amazing app and helped out so many of us personally including myself.

Sacha got me into learning how to develop for BlackBerry 10 he inspired me.

Also...I am running 1154 on my Z30

I'm a bit of a hypocrite but I'm not complaining about software bugs I know it's a leak and I'm completely aware of the repercussions.

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    12-29-14 01:08 PM
    Do you have a source for that? Maybe a little context?

I REALLY have trouble taking your statement at face value. It just doesn't make sense for a CEO to ever say that.

Posted via CB10
    too bad for you cause that is what he said when he presented the first BB 10 show way back when on the first release. I am not going to dig for it.
    what was in () was my opinion only with ??

Sacha, sorry you found out the hard way about politics in the business world. It may be that someone's feelings were hurt or someone important got their hand slapped. You still rock...
    Unfortunately the title of this thread alone by itself seems hurtful to BlackBerry...maybe you could edit it to look a little more positive so they ain't so mad...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10 on10.3.1.1154
    why, are you afraid to hurt blackberry? They did not go gentle with sacha.

I find the title spot on.
    12-29-14 04:22 PM
    No need to apologize I should have been more clear.

Posted via CB10
    Apologies on CB... I think I may have the wrong site!

Anyways in terms of this topic, best left alone to be honest by xsacha now. BBRY need to put an effort in getting these holes patched because xsacha has made it clear there are more people using it to get apps, and even the paid ones. Its in BBRY's best interests to get this fixed because it will tarnish the only thing they have left, that being security. I can see exactly where xsacha is coming from because of his brand loyalty to BBRY and their inability to listen and actually showing that anything is being done. For someone who put work and effort into finding and reporting these, I respect that he went this far to make it apparent to them it's an issue. I would be pretty annoyed if I did all the effort and actually trying to protect a brand I love and they just don't give a crap.
    12-31-14 05:48 AM
    Any word on if these holes have been fixed?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 05:05 AM
    I don't think you'll have news about it
    01-01-15 10:11 AM
    I don't think you'll have news about it
    Agreed stuff like this would be kept under wraps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-01-15 01:47 PM
    Things only get done when it's put in view of the public, still don't understand why people are mad, the 3 exploits he went public with got fixed because it went public.

He's literally helping everyone.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely, tough love man

Clicked & Flicked from my beastly white BlackBerry Passport OS 10.3.1.1154
    01-17-15 09:41 PM
    I haven't read through the original thread that precipitated this, but my gut feeling is that things got out of control once someone at BlackBerry outside of xsacha's usual contacts got involved, perhaps a manager/supervisor who over-reacted. Then counsel got involved and insisted on a NDA, which I can appreciate, but likely did not explain the contents nor leave room for negotiation as to its terms.

BlackBerry should be more collaborative toward a great friend and resource in the community. Sadly, it appears that managers and lawyers at the company are attempting to do their job in a myopic manner without understanding the larger business picture of the company and the mobile device landscape.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    01-18-15 11:20 AM
    An update, if there is one, from xsacha would be great... wonder whether negotiations continued beyond his last update after Xmas.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 02:29 AM
227 ... 78910