What have he done for BlackBerry community? The sachesi tools which of course heard before but not useful to me. It just a firmware tool. He didn't involve in Os development so how can he done for more for bb10 users. As for security BlackBerry have their own security teams. I even barely know him until the bar downloader tool.
    Unlike you he constantly tries to assist users that are having issues with their devices. Gives us great tools to allow us to update and maintain our OS and generally doesn't drop into threads with half baked opinions like yourself.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154 pin:2BDA5232
    12-25-14 03:09 AM
    Unlike you he constantly tries to assist users that are having issues with their devices. Gives us great tools to allow us to update and maintain our OS and generally doesn't drop into threads with half baked opinions like yourself.

Isn't updating and maintaining Os is BlackBerry job. I trust BlackBerry do better on that.
    12-25-14 03:12 AM
    The only way forward that I can think of is getting in touch with the media. They'd lap it up and have a field day with it. Know that's extreme, but quite frankly when faced with such appalling behaviour what else can we do?

I want them to sort out their attitude to security. The only way this'll happen is if we give them a shock.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 03:16 AM
    It's a shame to hear that Sacha. It's absolutely understandable if you move on to another Platform and / or stop developing Stuff for BlackBerry at all.

Again: Thanks for all you have done over the years.

Oliver

Via CB10 App. STL100-2 @ 10.3.1 Beta
    12-25-14 03:23 AM
    Isn't updating and maintaining Os is BlackBerry job. I trust BlackBerry do better on that.
    In some ways it's a joint venture with the carriers and if you have a lazy carrier or one that does not support blackberry then xsacha's and darcys tools are the only way you will get the OS BlackBerry intended you to have.

What BB10 device do you own and what OS are you running?

Wigley458 and raino like this.
    12-25-14 04:22 AM
    Fine. If there are two sides, let the other side tell their story. In the meantime, many kudos to xsacha for everything he's done for the CB community.
    I doubt there will be a second side of the story ever...
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    12-25-14 09:40 AM
    The only way forward that I can think of is getting in touch with the media. They'd lap it up and have a field day with it. Know that's extreme, but quite frankly when faced with such appalling behaviour what else can we do?

I want them to sort out their attitude to security. The only way this'll happen is if we give them a shock.

Posted via CB10
    I dont think this is the way forward. There is always a door open for negotiations. xsacha and BlackBerry should sit down and talk. Threatening someone makes them more belligerent and revengeful. This will only harm the company whose devices we have come to love and still die hard fans of. I for one would really want to see this resolved with no side upset.
    12-25-14 09:45 AM
    I dont think this is the way forward. There is always a door open for negotiations. xsacha and BlackBerry should sit down and talk. Threatening someone makes them more belligerent and revengeful. This will only harm the company whose devices we have come to love and still die hard fans of. I for one would really want to see this resolved with no side upset.
    Understand your sentiment. And typically I would agree. But I fear BlackBerry are too arrogant to admit they have a problem.

Plenty of such examples...

Posted via CB10
    bhrgvr, Alain_A and Smitty13 like this.
    12-25-14 10:00 AM
    Well, they aren't.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 10:58 AM
    Understand your sentiment. And typically I would agree. But I fear BlackBerry are too arrogant to admit they have a problem.

Plenty of such examples...

Posted via CB10
    THAT IS RIGHT....only way to see it...
    12-25-14 12:37 PM
    They only way to resolve this would be for a hacker to go through this and post in their journal....Then BB would have no choice to fix it when it goes public
    12-25-14 12:40 PM
    I like sacha and I support him. Personally, I would have signed the NDA.

I still want clarification though: if all the security holes we are talking about have to do with the app world vendor portal that is dying a slow death anyway and not the OS or Kernel then I really think that we need to talk about this differently.

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    12-25-14 02:06 PM
    I like sacha and I support him. Personally, I would have signed the NDA.

I still want clarification though: if all the security holes we are talking about have to do with the app world vendor portal that is dying a slow death anyway and not the OS or Kernel then I really think that we need to talk about this differently.

Posted via CB10
    But BlackBerry World isn't dying - they're now marketing it as a hub for business apps for their enterprise customers, who should value security even more than the average consumer. Heck, even if it were 'dying', you can't just leave security holes open until you definitively come out in public and say, 'Alright guys, BBW is closed. Move along.' Because until you've done that, your customers can and will expect you to support the service to the best of your abilities.

Having said that, I believe he mentioned that he found holes in both the OS and BlackBerry World, but don't quote me on it.
    12-25-14 02:12 PM
    if all the security holes we are talking about have to do with the app world vendor portal that is dying a slow death anyway and not the OS or Kernel then I really think that we need to talk about this differently.
    Looks like it is just a hole in the walled garden
    12-25-14 02:18 PM
    Thor said once that OS 10 was not more secure than any other phone. <back door for government> maybe
    12-25-14 02:30 PM
    Good. Then you just let BlackBerry update and maintain your OS, and don't worry yourself over xsacha, or Sachesi, or leaks. You should just avoid this whole forum entirely since you are satisfied w/ BlackBerry updates and maintenance.

I am.... Mrs Peevishlicious
    habs_fan, Pdinos3, D3C0D3R and 9 others like this.
    12-25-14 04:35 PM
    "he's the hero CB deserves, but not the one it needs right now."...
    "he's a silent guardian. a watchful protector."

Into...

BlackBerry and their (lack of) Security-giphy.gif
    Last edited by kevets; 12-26-14 at 09:21 AM.
    12-26-14 09:10 AM
    Thor said once that OS 10 was not more secure than any other phone. <back door for government> maybe
    Do you have a source for that? Maybe a little context?

I REALLY have trouble taking your statement at face value. It just doesn't make sense for a CEO to ever say that.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 02:18 AM
    I don't mean to be rude or anything Sacha but is there a way we can still get the Sachesi app through side loading?

Also I paid for the app and I now want a refund and want to donate the money to you I don't want BlackBerry to have that money they don't deserve it after what they've done to you.
    Do you know how I can get a refund?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 02:43 AM
    I don't mean to be rude or anything Sacha but is there a way we can still get the Sachesi app through side loading?

Also I paid for the app and I now want a refund and want to donate the money to you I don't want BlackBerry to have that money they don't deserve it after what they've done to you.
    Do you know how I can get a refund?

Posted via CB10
    You can request a refund from bbw. Though you shouldn't have to do that b/c once bbw removed his app, they should have automatically issued refunds to everyone.

You can donate to him any time on his Sachesi thread. The donate link is in the OP.
    12-28-14 12:08 PM
    BlackBerry: We know you guys are reading this thread. Don't let this become a PR downfall for you guys. Recover gracefully for we are your most fervent fanbase here at CB. Further backlash here against BlackBerry would be disappointing.
    12-28-14 01:27 PM
    You can request a refund from bbw. Though you shouldn't have to do that b/c once bbw removed his app, they should have automatically issued refunds to everyone.

You can donate to him any time on his Sachesi thread. The donate link is in the OP.
    What are you talking about? I have had apps removed from BlackBerry world and never got a refund. Just don't delete the app from your phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 03:07 PM
    What are you talking about? I have had apps removed from BlackBerry world and never got a refund. Just don't delete the app from your phone.

Posted via CB10
    Therein lies the problem....
    I just upgraded from a Z10 to a Z30 and can't get the app.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    12-28-14 03:15 PM
    Do a backup and restore to your newest device. I have done that from Z10, Z30 and now passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 05:38 PM
    Do a backup and restore to your newest device. I have done that from Z10, Z30 and now passport.

Posted via CB10
    Best NOT to do it, but you could restore that specific app...

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-28-14 06:55 PM
227 ... 678910