(Sorry for 2nd post, but I thought the topic was different enough)

During the email survey, it asked what BB needed to do for me to recommend their phones to friends, etc. Here were my answers. Anyone have better suggestions?

1 Make a high-end touch screen replacement for the Z10 and Z30.
    2 Integrate the Google Play Store directly, not just through Amazon.
    3 Move to direct-to-consumer update distribution, like 10.3.1.
    4 Add environmental sensor (temperature, humidity, barometer) to new devices
    5 Rewrite the PHONE app, so you can hang up a phone call with one click (takes up to 5 steps: wake up screen, exit current app, switch to active apps, reopen phone app, click End Call)

Jim
    02-05-15 09:16 AM
    2 Integrate the Google Play Store directly, not just through Amazon.

When will people understand that Google Play Services IS NOT on BlackBerry's power to go on and implement?

3 Move to direct-to-consumer update distribution, like 10.3.1.

Like every other company does! No. Wait. It's only Apple. Only Apple can do it because only app has the volume of devices to do it.

5 Rewrite the PHONE app, so you can hang up a phone call with one click (takes up to 5 steps: wake up screen, exit current app, switch to active apps, reopen phone app, click End Call)

I just have to take the phone off my face and hit the huge red buttom on 10.3.1. Just a heads up.

There is way too much to go on here, but I agree with some of you suggestions. When did you get this? What email sent you and where in the world are you?
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    02-05-15 09:21 AM
    Very valid points.
    02-05-15 09:22 AM
    I've got Z10 running 10.2.1.2976 on Verizon. Live in Jax, Florida and got a email titled 'BlackBerry Feedback Survey' from [email protected] that I usually wouldn't click, but for some reason this one seemed legit.

For #5 above (hang up call takes 5 steps), try it this way - while on a call, put call on speaker or headset. Then, switch to internet. Then, talk for a while so the screen goes to sleep. Now, try to hang up that call in under my 5 steps. This happens to me several times a day, and I've been caught saying something after thinking the other party hung up. The key I think is that the phone should never sleep while you are on a call.

For all the others, remember it just asked me what I wanted. Not whether I thought they could or couldn't be delivered.

Jim
    02-05-15 09:39 AM
    Actually, 10.3.1 kind of solves your problem. Although, I haven't tested it all the way to when the screen times out, but there is now an "active call" bar at the top of the screen whenever you leave the phone app while still on a call. Tapping the bar while using any other app will go straight back to the phone app.

But, I agree that the screen should never time out while on an active call.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 10:24 AM
    Joel,

Glad to hear it. Now I'm looking forward to 10.3.1 even more - can't wait to play with Blend, too! (Note - this is my daily driver, so no chance of loading a leak)

Jim
    02-05-15 10:38 AM
    I wonder if that's a survey BlackBerry has ordered or some other kind of stuff...

Still, just makes my points on the other thread stick.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 01:39 PM