It would be nice if there was support for BlackBerry on Ubuntu so I could use Blackberry link with my Z10 instead of having to revert to windows all the time. Any one know of any way round it any open source apps out there ?
    03-02-13 07:23 AM
    Not for Z10, no. There does exist Barry for 7.1 and previous, but the developers for that acknowledge that they have no Z10 support for the time being.
    03-02-13 09:37 AM
    There's nothing official but you can use SMB over WiFi. As long as my phone is in the house I can find it in my network shares and move files back and forth. Heck of a lot nicer than JB's MTP that was on my Galaxy S3 that my Z10 replaced...
    lactose likes this.
    06-02-13 09:14 AM
    Hi

I'm a contributor of the Barry's project. If you are used to use a BBOS maybe you know this project and all my contributions.

I have developed the open sync module too to sync evolution address book and calendars with the BlackBerry.

For BB10, I seems unuseful. Indeed, BB10 is based on the cloud solutions.

As far as I have installed OwnCloud project on my Linux desktop and I use it to sync / save all my PIM data (address book, calendars...)
    OwnCloud provides WebDAV support too. And that's why I have written PlayCloud and add WebDAV support in my application.

Now I'm contribute and provide patches so as to OwnCloud works well with BB10 and PlayBook.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto and dosto like this.
    06-02-13 11:11 AM
    Nicolas, I'm not sure I understand completely. Do I have to use two different cloud services and sync between them?

Also, what is SMB?
    06-02-13 07:10 PM
    Nicolas, I'm not sure I understand completely. Do I have to use two different cloud services and sync between them?

Also, what is SMB?
    Server Message Block - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    06-02-13 07:16 PM

Also, what is SMB?
    Not at all...

OwnCloud supports :
    - carddav
    - calldav
    - webdav

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 01:04 AM
    Hello, I use owncloud on my own server for calendar and address book. My calendar gets added to the phone but not all events are added and the address book won't sync because the blackberry doesn't support long url names. I use lighttpd webserver and all the patches to owncloud use apache. Htaccess files so I can't seem to get it to work any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 06:48 AM
    Hello, I use owncloud on my own server for calendar and address book. My calendar gets added to the phone but not all events are added and the address book won't sync because the blackberry doesn't support long url names. I use lighttpd webserver and all the patches to owncloud use apache. Htaccess files so I can't seem to get it to work any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you will be interesting in :

http://www.progweb.com/2012/05/playb...pour-le-cloud/

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 07:31 AM