The new storefront for BB10 apps, games, tools and developer software is now available at https://bbstore.vercel.app/ & https://bbstore.now.sh

.bar files and .apks will be added here.

To add your App or Update an app few instructions below.

Adding App:

Go to https://bbstore.vercel.app/upload

Enter these details
    Name:
    Version:
    Description:
    Developer/Vendor Name:
    Add .bar or .apk file:
    Add Icon file (128px x 128px):

Updating App:

Go to https://bbstore.vercel.app/apps
    Select the app to be edited/updated
    Click on Edit button (Top Right)

You can edit these details
    Name:
    Version:
    Description:
    Developer/Vendor Name:
    .bar or .apk file:
    Icon file (128px x 128px):

The store is built with React JS, Next JS and FireStore as database. It uses static site generation and hence will work on BB10 native browsers. Only feature missing on BB10 native browser is automatic ordering of apps in https://bbstore.vercel.app/apps . This is because CSS4 is not supported on BB10 browser.

The source code is available at https://github.com/qnxdev/bbstore .

To develop web projects, contact me via CrackBerry or email [email protected].
    Last edited by qnxdev; 05-19-21 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Updates
    WES51, Kommandant, sLumPia and 2 others like this.
    08-07-20 12:36 PM
    Good start....

Not sure I'd try hosting the File Manager if it is in fact the one that comes preinstalled on BB10... BlackBerry can be funny about protecting their IP (even if they aren't using it).

The real "cost" for something like that is going to be in the storing of "hopefully" a few GB of data (eventually) and the bandwidth it takes to have those files downloaded, over and over by however many users are going to need this. Sure that's why you don't actually have any files linked. Never mind the time it will take to collect the files and added them to the listings as they tricky in to you or you find them.

If I were you I'd change your outgoing links to open in new tabs... so you don't lose anyone when they click on one of these.

Not sure many can make a living off website building... most hosting companies offer free tools to build really incredible sites these days. Just have to add your own images and copy.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 08-07-20 at 02:52 PM.
    Thomas Jo likes this.
    08-07-20 01:23 PM
    ***Edit, oh I guess you mean this to be a boiler plate website for folks to run their own stores, and not a program manager you plan on running your self? If that's the case, the rest of this post doesn't matter...

--------------------------------

Not sure you should call it BlackBerry Store for two reasons.

1) If you're not selling anything, it's not really a store.

2) If you do sell something, I'm sure BlackBerry is a registered trademark of BlackBerry, thus leaving you open to lawsuits.

Come up with a better name. Bar Tap is my suggestion. Then an easy to remember domain name

Beyond that, good start, hope it continues and does well!

Posted via CB10
    WES51 likes this.
    08-07-20 03:29 PM
    You are awesome!
    08-07-20 05:03 PM
    ***Edit, oh I guess you mean this to be a boiler plate website for folks to run their own stores, and not a program manager you plan on running your self? If that's the case, the rest of this post doesn't matter...

--------------------------------

Not sure you should call it BlackBerry Store for two reasons.

1) If you're not selling anything, it's not really a store.

2) If you do sell something, I'm sure BlackBerry is a registered trademark of BlackBerry, thus leaving you open to lawsuits.

Come up with a better name. Bar Tap is my suggestion. Then an easy to remember domain name

Beyond that, good start, hope it continues and does well!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I just chose the Apple AppStore theme so called it BlackBerry Store. I don't think BB would sue me. I feel that name classy, and suggestions for a new name are always accepted.

There's new update today.
    08-08-20 02:13 AM
    Yeah, I just chose the Apple AppStore theme so called it BlackBerry Store. I don't think BB would sue me. I feel that name classy, and suggestions for a new name are always accepted.

There's new update today.
    You need something to initialize new models from the JSON you use for your views. Automatically link to a router, set icon, index it into search whatever else. Oh react doesn't do models, but I don't know react that well always hated it.
    https://github.com/tastejs/todomvc
    This is a really really great repo. Might help improve your performance and structure.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-20 08:20 PM
    how can i go there

Q10
    08-08-20 11:03 PM
    You need something to initialize new models from the JSON you use for your views. Automatically link to a router, set icon, index it into search whatever else. Oh react doesn't do models, but I don't know react that well always hated it.
    https://github.com/tastejs/todomvc
    This is a really really great repo. Might help improve your performance and structure.

Posted via CB10
    I don't find a problem with performance, because it's Nextjs , and total initial page load is just 100KB, loads in 1 second.
    New apps are to be added to appdata.js in Github repo. I can connect it to mongodb, but I don't have time for it.

Posted with BlackBerry
    08-08-20 11:07 PM
    how can i go there

Q10
    Where exactly?

Use this link to access store.
    https://bb.sz7.me

or

https://bbstore.now.sh

Posted with BlackBerry
    08-08-20 11:08 PM
    Site loaded real fast. As for the .bar installation, that would definitely require Google Chrome add-on "bb10/playbook manager", pending it never gets removed from the repository. Google could screw everyone over and then it would need to be re-written again.
    08-08-20 11:37 PM
    Site loaded real fast. As for the .bar installation, that would definitely require Google Chrome add-on "bb10/playbook manager", pending it never gets removed from the repository. Google could screw everyone over and then it would need to be re-written again.
    You can extract the extension and repack it yourself, stated on the devs site you are free to use the software however you like.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-20 11:50 PM
    Developer.blackberry.com is redirected to developers.blackberry.com.

You may want to use this link:
    https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry_world/
    08-09-20 10:41 AM
    You can extract the extension and repack it yourself, stated on the devs site you are free to use the software however you like.

Posted via CB10
    I have downloaded extension as crx.

I'll add it to store.

Posted with BlackBerry
    08-09-20 12:26 PM
    Nicely done. A new BlackBerry store.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-20 10:03 PM
    I don't think BB would sue me.
    They won't.... they'll send you and your hosting service (or if your on your own server your ISP) a cease and desist letter. Your hosting service or ISP will take that very seriously.

The people in charge of protection BlackBerry's IP will have no choice.... so save yourself some trouble.

One reason CrackBerry stopped allowing files here (Wallpapers, and ringtones).... too much copyrighted materials to deal with the letters from copyright owners.

I'd also sick to using the images the developers used with their apps in BlackBerry World. Yes your Bird10 Icon looks better, but is it too close to comfort to Twitter's copyrighted one?
    08-10-20 10:20 AM
    Unfortunately both of the web-links tend to crash!

Used both links to BBStore by opening them with Browsie Browser and Paper Bird, the browser crash as soon I click on Apps in the menu.

 Classic  Passport  OS10.3.3.3216
    08-17-20 06:22 AM
    Unfortunately both of the web-links tend to crash!

Used both links to BBStore by opening them with Browsie Browser and Paper Bird, the browser crash as soon I click on Apps in the menu.

You'll have to use a modern browser.....
    08-17-20 07:04 AM
    You'll have to use a modern browser.....
    Well as some may expect that the recent introduced BBStore BB10 approach would be in some way dedicated to the BlackBerry OS10 with all its last remaining diehards ;-)

Now some how it would be more than reasonable to enable even the few basic web-browser left to work as a charm with every other normal web-page out there to work at least like intended, to walk around in BBstore and may download the latest non official app to work on OS10, not being forced to use some other invalid browser on this devices to make use of it ;-)
    By the way, the BBstore page did work like a charm a few days ago, s can't see why it should crash now after the weekend, other that there is a bug or a flaw after some alterations r updates on the page itself.

08-17-20 07:24 AM
    Well as some may expect that the recent introduced BBStore BB10 approach would be in some way dedicated to the BlackBerry OS10 with all its last remaining diehards ;-)

Now some how it would be more than reasonable to enable even the few basic web-browser left to work as a charm with every other normal web-page out there to work at least like intended, to walk around in BBstore and may download the latest non official app to work on OS10, not being forced to use some other invalid browser on this devices to make use of it ;-)
    By the way, the BBstore page did work like a charm a few days ago, s can't see why it should crash now after the weekend, other that there is a bug or a flaw after some alterations r updates on the page itself.

Well it’s the BB10 diehards running the BB10 store and I’d have expected they know what they’re doing right?
    Thomas Jo likes this.
    08-17-20 08:05 AM
    Well it’s the BB10 diehards running the BB10 store and I’d have expected they know what they’re doing right?
    Yep absolutely ;-)
    And as we know, the new BBStore is a new project in progress where you expect this sort of things like a crash after a change on the page, therefore a friendly hind to the maker of that project if things brake is fairly common among Beta user and nothing to get fussy about ;-)
    Giving the makers of BBStore a notice only resulting in making things better for next update.

08-17-20 08:13 AM
    Yep absolutely ;-)
    And as we know, the new BBStore is a new project in progress where you expect this sort of things like a crash after a change on the page, therefore a friendly hind to the maker of that project if things brake is fairly common among Beta user and nothing to get fussy about ;-)
    Giving the makers of BBStore a notice only resulting in making things better for next update.

Which you’ve done. Our comments are just sarcasm poking fun at the situation.
    08-17-20 08:15 AM
    Which you’ve done. Our comments are just sarcasm poking fun at the situation.
    This sort of sarcasm put people off and may is funny on FB to attract attention but is pointless as such.
    Just to assure you I'm not a faint hearted person, but I don't like situations where pointless fun is pulled off for no good reason or just for the sake of it, doesn't get anywhere.

08-17-20 08:25 AM
    They won't.... they'll send you and your hosting service (or if your on your own server your ISP) a cease and desist letter. Your hosting service or ISP will take that very seriously.

The people in charge of protection BlackBerry's IP will have no choice.... so save yourself some trouble.
    It is sad this is the only way for Chen's clan to make some money....
    08-17-20 08:47 AM
    A company is legally obligated to act in the best interest of its shareholders. Protecting IP is a key part of that obligation.
    08-17-20 09:01 AM
    IP is a very important part of their revenue, and it's their name. They let one site use it without a licensing contract... that becomes a legal president for others to try and use it.

But it's not just BlackBerry here... but every IP owner that's being infringed on here.
    08-17-20 09:17 AM
129 123 ...