I think BlackBerry should never have come into the consumer market in the first place. They were making a mistake when they tried to woo teenagers. It's a wise decision to go back to what they do the best.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    09-08-14 06:08 AM
    I guess I'll have to go get some BES10 for me and my contacts.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 07:23 AM
    I can understand your sentiments as I don't really use the security functions much. So as a lay user it's easy to say ignore it.

Its like saying " Hey amazon quit doing servers and storage facilities , you're in sales ! " Amazon doesn't limit themselves to just selling goods, much like Blackberrys profits aren't driven by phone sales alone
    09-08-14 05:27 PM
    Security is the only thing that has saved BlackBerry from bankruptcy. As some other users have commented, staying alive is half the battle. They may launch a hit product again one say but you can't do that if you aren't solvent in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 09:02 PM
    I think BlackBerry should stop just focusing on Enteprise customers, as they are also indivduals like many others who are buying BlackBerry.

And I have seeen in many Mnc that organisatons are giving iphone 5s these days to all employess, as its for good rapport too.

Plus as per my observations mostly BlackBerry users are not using their security features, so why BlackBerry is always emphasizing this and keeping its cost high.
    Well I am not a celebrity whose nude pics will be taken by any.

I had purchased Z10 thinking my search for ph has come to an end, but I think it will go on.

Plz provide ur inputs.
    I liked the z10 but now I have the Z30 and it blows the z10 out of the water. Like it better than my iPhone 5 even. No regrets.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 09:04 PM
    Security is the only thing that has saved BlackBerry from bankruptcy. As some other users have commented, staying alive is half the battle. They may launch a hit product again one say but you can't do that if you aren't solvent in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    But I suggest that BlackBerry is going in a wrong direction, they are focusing enterprise segment, which is again taken over by apple, which they will never accept. As they have an Enterprise software.

Apple is now very clearly targeting healthcare sector in India, where they are promoting Ipad for doctor for giving patients medication, and its already becoming hit.

When BlackBerry was such a hit in India, they were having wonderful Os 7, with a range of low cost devices -8530 to high end Bold.

Now they have introduced Z3 at high price and had got a lukeworm response.

Even the stores in India, are not keeping and having any boards of BlackBerry on display.

They always go wrong on pricing even after partnering with Foxconn.

Security features comes last to consumers mind, and even BlackBerry is not having enough enterprise share, so whats it doing.
    09-09-14 09:18 AM
    But I suggest that BlackBerry is going in a wrong direction, they are focusing enterprise segment, which is again taken over by apple, which they will never accept. As they have an Enterprise software.

Apple is now very clearly targeting healthcare sector in India, where they are promoting Ipad for doctor for giving patients medication, and its already becoming hit.

When BlackBerry was such a hit in India, they were having wonderful Os 7, with a range of low cost devices -8530 to high end Bold.

Even the stores in India, are not keeping and having any boards of BlackBerry on display.

Security features comes last to consumers mind, and even BlackBerry is not having enough enterprise share, so whats it doing.
    So BlackBerry is over pricing their phones and people are flocking to Apple, the most expensive mobile platform? And BlackBerry should give up security so they can court medical industry?

I think you have an upside down view of the world.

Posted via CB10
    HotFix likes this.
    09-09-14 03:30 PM
    So BlackBerry is over pricing their phones and people are flocking to Apple, the most expensive mobile platform? And BlackBerry should give up security so they can court medical industry?

No what I am saying is BlackBerry should come in low cost segment devices in partnership with Foxconn, which they already have done.

And BlackBerry should accept the fact that bringing devices of same price of apple or samsung in top end, will not give them market share, as poeple in that category dont accept BlackBerry now, and u can look at BlackBerry market share for that.

So dont only focus on top end, bring low cost devices and be in mkt again.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 09:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    They are coming with pricing for passport at appx 750 Usd.
    At top ends only apple and Samsung is selling these days, people are not going for BlackBerry at such great prices as they have their brand name and mkt share.

I am saying as they have partnered with Foxconn they should bring low cost devices in order to again be in the mkt.

And also diverse their focus on consumer mkt too.

They always go for over pricing, which makes me feel annoyed.
    09-09-14 09:42 PM
    They are coming with pricing for passport at appx 750 Usd.
    At top ends only apple and Samsung is selling these days, people are not going for BlackBerry at such great prices as they have their brand name and mkt share.

I am saying as they have partnered with Foxconn they should bring low cost devices in order to again be in the mkt.

And also diverse their focus on consumer mkt too.

They always go for over pricing, which makes me feel annoyed.
    There was a business analyst talking about this on CBC the other day, specifically about Apple market share vs profits. I can't remember the numbers, but even though Apple's market share has been slipping their share of the profits has continued to grow.

BlackBerry has always been primary a service business. There handsets were, and still are a way to get customers to use their BES. If BlackBerry was a handset business they would have gone bankrupt as everyone was predicting. Your asking them to walk away from their profit center to try to make money selling cheap handsets. There are dozens of companies loosing money in that space, selling Android phones so they don't even have the expense of maintaining the OS.

If what you want is a cheap Android phone, there are lots to buy. If you want BB10 you are going to have to pay what it costs to have BB10 devices made.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 04:30 AM
    Consumers deserve security and YES BlackBerry should focus on consumers

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 04:36 AM
    There was a business analyst talking about this on CBC the other day, specifically about Apple market share vs profits. I can't remember the numbers, but even though Apple's market share has been slipping their share of the profits has continued to grow.

BlackBerry has always been primary a service business. There handsets were, and still are a way to get customers to use their BES. If BlackBerry was a handset business they would have gone bankrupt as everyone was predicting. Your asking them to walk away from their profit center to try to make money selling cheap handsets. There are dozens of companies loosing money in that space, selling Android phones so they don't even have the expense of maintaining the OS.

If what you want is a cheap Android phone, there are lots to buy. If you want BB10 you are going to have to pay what it costs to have BB10 devices made.

Posted via CB10
    I dont want andriod ph, I am already having Z10.

But I just want that they should bring some device by which they can again gain some market share.

Though I still like Os 7 more than 10
    09-10-14 06:19 AM
    Balance is the key.

@Geenaxion Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1154
    09-10-14 06:51 AM
    Balance is the key.

@Geenaxion Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1154
    BlackBerry Balance.. which we want now! (non-BES)

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 07:09 AM
    I think BlackBerry should embrace security and bring it to the regular consumer. I'd like to see a cloud BES that consumers could subscribe to on a monthly/yearly basis. Open it up to all the mobile platforms and increase its revenue. I know I'd enjoy having access to better encryption and the eBBM suite.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 07:17 AM
    BlackBerry Balance.. which we want now! (non-BES)

Posted via CB10
    I think BlackBerry should embrace security and bring it to the regular consumer. I'd like to see a cloud BES that consumers could subscribe to on a monthly/yearly basis. Open it up to all the mobile platforms and increase its revenue. I know I'd enjoy having access to better encryption and the eBBM suite.

Posted via CB10
    If you want Balance, or you want cloud BES go sign up for it: BlackBerry preparing BES10 Cloud launch, sign up links have now gone live | CrackBerry.com

I did. I have Balance on my Z10 and all the BES security features I want. It is free for the next few months, then it will be subscription. But at least you will then know what Balance does, and does not do for you, and if you really need BES security features.
    09-10-14 09:49 AM
    I think BlackBerry should stop just focusing on Enteprise customers, as they are also indivduals like many others who are buying BlackBerry.

And I have seeen in many Mnc that organisatons are giving iphone 5s these days to all employess, as its for good rapport too.

Plus as per my observations mostly BlackBerry users are not using their security features, so why BlackBerry is always emphasizing this and keeping its cost high.
    Well I am not a celebrity whose nude pics will be taken by any.

I had purchased Z10 thinking my search for ph has come to an end, but I think it will go on.

Plz provide ur inputs.
    And what are your suggestions? Ignore the segment of the market that is actually buying most of your phones? You also forget that BES licenses are what is most of the services revenue. Do you want to give that up too? Enterprise is what is paying the bills and you want to stop focusing on that?

Also, people might take you more seriously if you took the time to correct your spelling.
    09-10-14 10:01 AM

How many companies are using an Apple MDM solution. Oh, that's right none.. So what enterprise software does Apple have that you think it does? Giving an iPad to a doctor has nothing to do with Enterprise. What controls the security and management of that device? Apple doesn't have anything. If you want to say that Apple is using IBM as it's Enterprise software, then clarify that. But we haven't seen anything from IBM and Apple in the Enterprise market other than talk.
    09-10-14 10:07 AM
    I dont want andriod ph, I am already having Z10.

But I just want that they should bring some device by which they can again gain some market share.

Though I still like Os 7 more than 10
    But you don't seem to be willing to pay for a BlackBerry OS. You can say that if they made a less expensive phone they would sell more and that would pay for BB10 and OS7 development and support, but history stands against you. BlackBerry can't remain in the handset market by selling loss leaders. If they are going to stay in the handset market it will have to be as a boutique seller targeting a niche where people are willing to pay more for a different kind of product.
    09-10-14 10:07 AM

I guess you missed this article

NANTHEALTH INVESTMENT

California-based NantHealth, whose cloud-based platform is already set up at about 250 hospitals and connects more than 16,000 medical devices, said it sees the tie-up with BlackBerry allowing it to expand its base of services.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A3E0SE20140415

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 11:27 AM
    Blackberry knows it can't make money at the low end. At best it can run a break even there but in doing so it would tie up cash flow, and that can be death to a struggling business.

Yes the high end is dominated by Apple. They are aware of this too. But this still do a few things better than apple, for some specific niche markets. This is the only place they can focus if they want to stay in the device business.

They realize that Apple is trying to close in on these niche market but the race is not won at this point. Security remains strongly in BBRY's corner.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 09:30 AM
    Nowaday when I walk into a meeting with an investment bank, CFO, etc he's most likely to drop a Blackberry OS7 Bold, iPhone (latest model) or Samsung S5 on the table...
    Am I the only one who finds it a little concerning that the leaders of the financial world are using their cell phones like Pokemon cards?

Posted via CB10
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    09-17-14 06:26 AM
    I never agree with BlackBerry to stop work in Enterprise.

In the whole World BlackBerry is the only Flag which is best in Enterprise & Security.
    I wish BlackBerry to be remain in Enterprise for sure.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 08:52 AM
48 12