I think BlackBerry should stop just focusing on Enteprise customers, as they are also indivduals like many others who are buying BlackBerry.

And I have seeen in many Mnc that organisatons are giving iphone 5s these days to all employess, as its for good rapport too.

Plus as per my observations mostly BlackBerry users are not using their security features, so why BlackBerry is always emphasizing this and keeping its cost high.
    Well I am not a celebrity whose nude pics will be taken by any.

I had purchased Z10 thinking my search for ph has come to an end, but I think it will go on.

Plz provide ur inputs.
    09-07-14 11:40 AM
    It's a mistake to think BlackBerry needs to stop focusing on security in order to be able to cater to customers. They can do both. In fact, it's a huge mistake to believe customers don't need security, or that they two things are mutually exclusive. Slowly people will learn to value data security as they have come to value car safety, even if it requires unfortunate "hacking", or data breach events as we have seen lately.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 11:51 AM
    Yes. It's time to broaden the focus so that smart INDIVIDUALS get included in the compliments, the congratulations, the "you so right to be BlackBerry buyer" talk...

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 12:03 PM
    I think BlackBerry should stop just focusing on Enteprise customers, as they are also indivduals like many others who are buying BlackBerry.

And I have seeen in many Mnc that organisatons are giving iphone 5s these days to all employess, as its for good rapport too.

Plus as per my observations mostly BlackBerry users are not using their security features, so why BlackBerry is always emphasizing this and keeping its cost high.

I had purchased Z10 thinking my search for ph has come to an end, but I think it will go on.

Plz provide ur inputs.
    Samsung and Apple can spend more money in a month on marketing than BlackBerry has in the bank. That ship has sailed. They could never go toe to toe with them.

The only thing they can do is exploit their niche - which is clearly enterprise and security.

What else can they do?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1xxx
    09-07-14 12:03 PM
    BlackBerry can't make money on hardware. As much as we love or blackberrys they need to look at services to become profitable for now. The low end market is showing promise with that Foxconn partnership but is not enough for them to go consumer focus and try to compete with the big boys.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 12:06 PM
    I agree focusing only on enterprise is wrong since those are the customers that upgrade their phone once every 3-5 years
    09-07-14 12:17 PM
    I agree focusing only on enterprise is wrong since those are the customers that upgrade their phone once every 3-5 years
    They aren't trying to make most of their money on phones... why is that so hard to understand? They are more of a software company these days.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-07-14 12:21 PM
    They aren't trying to make most of their money on phones... why is that so hard to understand? They are more of a software company these days.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Service company rather.

John Chen clearly stated that BlackBerry is not only a phone company now.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Thunderbuck like this.
    09-07-14 12:25 PM
    Security and hub are the main reasons I use BlackBerry, and frankly hub isn't enough of an advantage to pay more and inconvenience myself on the app front.

When BlackBerry stops emphasizing security, I stop using BlackBerry. However, I live in one of those countries like China and North Korea whose government is very aggressive about spying on its citizens.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 12:52 PM
    So what's your plan to compete with Apple and Android with 1/100th of the budget?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1xxx
    09-07-14 01:06 PM

Plz provide ur inputs.
    What else would you suggest BBRY to focus on in order to stay afloat? I'd like to know your suggestion because you are telling BBRY to stop focusing on BBRY's strongest feature and market segment.
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 09-08-14 at 06:31 AM.
    David Tyler likes this.
    09-07-14 01:21 PM
    However, I live in one of those countries like China and North Korea whose government is very aggressive about spying on its citizens.
    Live in the States, do you?

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    Furell, bungaboy and sbmd like this.
    09-07-14 02:47 PM
    OK so. Hypathetically speaking BlackBerry stop focus on Enterprise Customers and Security stuff...

In which direction do they go...
    Competing for end users against Apple and Samsung?

In fact most companies now don't make any money off the hardware, it's the service contracts and software that they make the money on. Unless your Apple of course, they just have the nack for pricing devices out of the water and selling because of their marketing drive. BlackBerry just don't have that but once they start making the money and getting in to a stable position they will push marketing.
    09-07-14 02:56 PM
    What the duck else would you suggest BBRY to focus on in order to stay afloat?
    Exactly -- and emphasizing enterprise customers and security is _exactly_ what Chen said he would do. There has to be a discriminator -- a reason for people to buy BlackBerry instead of an iPhone or one of the many Android variants.

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    Thunderbuck and bungaboy like this.
    09-07-14 02:57 PM
    Dumbest thing iv read in a long time

Why ME?
    wincyUt, sbmd, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    09-07-14 03:06 PM
    I choose BlackBerry because of the security. iOS is an example of a mobile OS where user experience trumps security. Apple will build in security only if they can make it convenient for the user. In the end security suffers.

BBOS and BB10 are examples of mobile OSs where security trumps user experience. As a result the user experience isn't going to be as good on BlackBerry unless the user values security highly.

When BlackBerry is able to deliver convenience in a secure way they will do it: picture password.

What ever it was that attracted you to BlackBerry 10, it has never been a secret that security was baked in from the start. Thinking BlackBerry is going to move away from security is like thinking Apple is going to move away from iTunes.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    09-07-14 04:49 PM
    I smell a troll. I suspect the OP knows full well that Enterprise/security are the only two areas where BlackBerry is seen to have any advantage over its competitors at all. Why on earth would they give that up?
    09-07-14 04:51 PM
    Agreed this is either a troll post or someone had a few too many at lunch.
    09-07-14 06:40 PM
    I can believe I just read that...

*facepalm*

Someone could benefit from some research.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-07-14 06:47 PM
    Ok I agree to all of you postings here for security reasons.

This means persons who are buying BlackBerry have an edge over security, and they believe that its one of the most imp feature.

Then how much is the BlackBerry share in the market, less than 1 %.
    Even new lumia windows is ahead of BlackBerry.

So it means rest of the guys in world are not worried for security concerns.

I am a huge BlackBerry fan, bocz of its mails and qwerty keypads.
    But they always focus on Enterprise cust, who are forced to use BlackBerry. Its not their wish. And they keep a second ph too, which is android or apple.

So I want that BlackBerry should focus on its original BlackBerry fans who are loyal like me and keep coming back.
    But they should bring their cost down.

I am just sharing my opinion, and its just an view, nothing right or wrong about it.

So people who are saying me drunken, foolish, plz be open and listening to everyone.
    09-07-14 08:21 PM
    Use the security / business angle while you have advantage in it. Once the company is profitable all of a sudden the image changes then they beef up bbm and channels market a little and they will gain on consumer market. Their biggest problem is lack of apps for attracting many consumers now with 10.3 they can advertise "full" (lol) android compatibility.

1 thing at a time otherwise you spread yourself thin and with a smaller bank that's death.
    Business also complements their MDM services..

Basically answer is while it seems like they are loosing on a big market, they actually are, but they are still lurking and will eventually return. (Assuming handsets become profitable) Helps when all these corporate employees get a BB and start enjoying it as well.. free silent promotions..
    dvarnai likes this.
    09-07-14 08:49 PM
    Ok I agree to all of you postings here for security reasons.

This means persons who are buying BlackBerry have an edge over security, and they believe that its one of the most imp feature.

Then how much is the BlackBerry share in the market, less than 1 %.
    Even new lumia windows is ahead of BlackBerry.

So it means rest of the guys in world are not worried for security concerns.

I am a huge BlackBerry fan, bocz of its mails and qwerty keypads.
    But they always focus on Enterprise cust, who are forced to use BlackBerry. Its not their wish. And they keep a second ph too, which is android or apple.

So I want that BlackBerry should focus on its original BlackBerry fans who are loyal like me and keep coming back.
    But they should bring their cost down.

I am just sharing my opinion, and its just an view, nothing right or wrong about it.

So people who are saying me drunken, foolish, plz be open and listening to everyone.
    If you're really not trolling, I apologize for suggesting you were.

If I'm reading you right, you're suggesting that BlackBerry shouldn't go after Enterprise users because they don't sell a lot of phones and the people that get them for work don't want them anyway. And if the only thing BlackBerry made money on was phones, that would probably make sense.

The way forward for BlackBerry is in its software, though. Its BES software that allows businesses to securely connect to mobile users. The margin for that is huge, and while the new versions of BES allow other phones to connect, the best experience will always be with a BlackBerry phone.

The reasons you give for being a BB fan are "keyboard" and "e-mail". Keyboard phones are seen as quaint and antiquated now, kind of like dial telephones. There might still be a few around, but they're curiosities. And all phones do e-mail now. So given that, what should BlackBerry be doing to keep you happy?
    09-07-14 11:02 PM
    If you're really not trolling, I apologize for suggesting you were.

If I'm reading you right, you're suggesting that BlackBerry shouldn't go after Enterprise users because they don't sell a lot of phones and the people that get them for work don't want them anyway. And if the only thing BlackBerry made money on was phones, that would probably make sense.

The way forward for BlackBerry is in its software, though. Its BES software that allows businesses to securely connect to mobile users. The margin for that is huge, and while the new versions of BES allow other phones to connect, the best experience will always be with a BlackBerry phone.

The reasons you give for being a BB fan are "keyboard" and "e-mail". Keyboard phones are seen as quaint and antiquated now, kind of like dial telephones. There might still be a few around, but they're curiosities. And all phones do e-mail now. So given that, what should BlackBerry be doing to keep you happy?
    Thanks for replying.

I am just suggesting a way, I am not saying this is correct, but I think BlackBerry really sells ph on high margin.

I would want them to play on qty.
    And they have tied up with Foxconn for bringing low cost devices, but Z3 is I think little bit overpriced.

And I fear they willl again bring same over pricing for passport and classic.
    09-08-14 05:41 AM
    I smell a troll. I suspect the OP knows full well that Enterprise/security are the only two areas where BlackBerry is seen to have any advantage over its competitors at all. Why on earth would they give that up?
    Sometimes you have to let go of something good so you can get something great.. maybe without the burden of BES BlackBerry could improve its OS and devices and be able to invest in it properly to succeed, I wouldn't say abandon it, just sell it to someone they trust how can maintain it then buy it back later.. I know it will never happen but we're free to wonder

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 05:57 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    I completely agree with you. Why, indeed, are there people who find it difficult to understand the company's perception of and the direction it has defined for itself? Why are there too many bosses around? (Sigh)
    09-08-14 06:03 AM
48 12